BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Bear's Den - Red Earth & Pouring Rain, 22nd July
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post 9th July 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #1
Howdy, disco citizens
Group icon
User: 10,455

The sophomore album by folk-rock duo Bear's Den is out on 22nd July. In the past week I've been getting really engrossed by their new single "Auld Wives", which is just a perfect single, a perfect mix of Scottish folk and 80s synth-pop.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 9th July 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #2
Mansonette
Group icon
User: 54

This is really nice on first listen, thanks for posting it as I can see it being a grower too.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 9th July 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens
Group icon
User: 10,455

It's definitely a grower - it came up on my Spotify Discover playlist on Monday and I enjoyed it enough to save it for later. On the 2nd listen I was absolutely hypnotised. I love songs that marry the organic and synthetic, so "Auld Wives" had me hooked. It's playlisted on Radio 1, which surprised me as it doesn't really sit neatly with other songs on the list, but I hope it gets a lot of love.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 9th July 2016, 08:21 PM
Post #4
c:
Group icon
User: 20,692

Both Agape and Elysium were both lovely from their last album, the former being my favourite, but never got around to listening to the whole thing.

Enjoying Auld Wives too (although not on the same scale at the moment) so will probably listen to this new album when it's released biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 05:48 PM