BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Return of the Spice Girls 2007-2008 Reunion - News Topic, Including chat about the tour, the documentary and more!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Delta*Fan*Mel
post Feb 4 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #341
"When we think that we understand, God Laughs"
Group: Members
Member No.: 75
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Matt Aloud @ Feb 4 2008, 05:56 PM) *
Beautiful Intentions deserved so much more cry.gif it's a great album wub.gif

I know...I just listened to it again and as so many great songs. Now I'm listening to the Northern Star album - having a bit of a Mel C marathon biggrin.gif! lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
missingyou
post Feb 4 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #342
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 4,429
   No Gallery Pics

the thing is tho, is mel said herself in an interview how expeniseve it is to make music, so i can see it just being the odd song released every now and again now. cuz her sales are soo low.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 4 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #343
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Well i hope mel c continues to make solo music as personnally i love all 4 of her albumns

+Quote Post
Delta*Fan*Mel
post Feb 4 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #344
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(robjames18 @ Feb 4 2008, 08:54 PM) *
the thing is tho, is mel said herself in an interview how expeniseve it is to make music, so i can see it just being the odd song released every now and again now. cuz her sales are soo low.

I think she will have made enough money from the reunion for a couple more albums at least smile.gif!

+Quote Post
shakilover
post Feb 5 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #345
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 2,959

Is it sad that even tho I know it isnt Mel c's fault I still wanna blame her.

Like It's just so easy to point the finger at her... lol.

+Quote Post
Matt Aloud
post Feb 5 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #346
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,286

but she's the only one of the five without children and those family commitments tongue.gif

Just the press trying to pick a scapegoat and surprise surprise they chose Melanie once again sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Suus
post Apr 30 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #347
Freak Of Nature
Member No.: 172

This saturday may 3rd on the channel NED 3 a documentary by Bob Smeaton will be aired: "Giving You Everything".
A story about succes, arguements and unconditional friendship. 9.15pm - 10.20 pm dutch time.

Unfortunately I dont have a DVD recorder sad.gif Hopefully it will turn up on Youtube or on one of the other Spice Girl Forums.

+Quote Post
GreggyOhnine
post May 2 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #348
Shaun
Member No.: 461

its been on already and its youtube already tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
post Sep 25 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #349
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 6,928

Performing 2 Become 1 on the Strictly Come Dancing xmas show.
Probably their last uk tv performance to date.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Sep 26 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #350
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

ya it cud well be,and i wonder are the rumours of mel b and victoria falling out true??

+Quote Post
Kryptonite Kiss
post Sep 26 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #351
I Was In Sex & The City
Member No.: 1,880

That was a lovely performance! Maybe if they bring back Top Of The Pops they could get back together and mime another of their biggest hits (ooooh i'm nasty)

+Quote Post
ak_luva
post Sep 27 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #352
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 2,866
   No Gallery Pics

i llove the fact that the performance is clearly live, emma sounds amazing

+Quote Post
Delta*Fan*Mel
post Sep 30 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #353
   No Gallery Pics

Geri looked a bit lost in that performance. Also Melanie C's top hat really bugged me in this and the Children in Need performance!! Otherwise it was great to see them on TV again together. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Sep 30 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #354
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

WILL WE EVER SEE THEM TOGETHER AGAIN THOUGH cry.gif

+Quote Post
Delta*Fan*Mel
post Oct 1 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #355
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Sep 30 2008, 02:37 PM) *
WILL WE EVER SEE THEM TOGETHER AGAIN THOUGH cry.gif

Maybe in another 10 years? cry.gif

+Quote Post
missingyou
post Oct 1 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #356
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 4,429
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Sep 26 2008, 10:54 AM) *
ya it cud well be,and i wonder are the rumours of mel b and victoria falling out true??

oooh what rumers?!!!

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Apr 14 2020, 09:40 PM
Post #357
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

Just watching the Return Tour on YouTube tonight out of boredome and TBH they absolutely killed that Viva Forever + Holler performance. Absolute killer wub.gif

Return Tour

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Apr 15 2020, 07:26 PM
Post #358
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Apr 14 2020, 10:40 PM) *
Just watching the Return Tour on YouTube tonight out of boredome and TBH they absolutely killed that Viva Forever + Holler performance. Absolute killer wub.gif

Return Tour

Ooh thank you for that link I'll put this on while I'm ironing tomorrow wub.gif

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Apr 15 2020, 10:22 PM
Post #359
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Apr 15 2020, 07:26 PM) *
Ooh thank you for that link I'll put this on while I'm ironing tomorrow wub.gif

Enjoy! Watching it was quite a nice surprise actually as it showed me the tour in a bit of a different light from what I remembered.

A few things of note on this renewed viewing:

- They nailed their 'main songs' performances. I even appreciated watching Too Much and the reprise this time pirate.gif
- Viva Forever and Holler steal the show for me. Absolutely stunning performances, greatly staged and choreographed!
- The chemistry of the 5 together is so special isn't it? I dont think Spiceworld2019 missed it that much but the 5 are really the real deal!
- The music arrangements were stunning and LIVE yahoo.gif Some of their best arrangements ever, all with simingly renewed energy. Very very good musically! Last year's tour could have benefited with the same level of care for its music ah angel.gif
- The design isn't as bad as I remembered it, actually. I like that the stage creates different atmospheres and stagings for different songs. It isnt anything groundbreaking but it works well
- It's so clear to me now how they have established a really good touring career: absolutely being superstars, all of them. All of them eat that stage, chewing every single moment. And it makes it all seem quite amazing actually. You can tell the crowds love it, and they really nailed it. They always seem to do, when on tour! Kudos to them. Other girlbands also have/had excellent touring careers - Girls Aloud, Destiny's Child, Little Mix are all touring giants - but they bring it up a notch. No wonder they are now doing Stadiums w00t.gif

Question - are they the first girlband to do a Stadium tour at all? Or at least a 100% sold out one? I can't image any other girlband doing stadium tours, definitely not at the level we saw last year w00t.gif

And the bad:
- Headlines' live version definitely makes the song better but it is still completely pointless as a performance.
- The solos and celebration medley still absolutely ruin it for me. Vicky's is just awkward, Mel B's is bad, Emma's is just kind of there, and Geri is so obviously miming its hilarious. Mel C is fine, I guess...
- Who Do You Think You Are not being live sleep.gif
- The costumes. Im not a fan still. Those opening costumes were terrible, bland and boring blink.gif
- If You Can't Dance. Still bugs me that they ruined it, completely ruined it... What a shame, for one of their best songs.

OMG now im going to go over there and get a life and a glass of wine thanks! Quarantine is killing me wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Mr.X: Apr 15 2020, 10:28 PM

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Apr 16 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #360
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Apr 15 2020, 11:22 PM) *
Enjoy! Watching it was quite a nice surprise actually as it showed me the tour in a bit of a different light from what I remembered.

A few things of note on this renewed viewing:

- They nailed their 'main songs' performances. I even appreciated watching Too Much and the reprise this time pirate.gif
- Viva Forever and Holler steal the show for me. Absolutely stunning performances, greatly staged and choreographed!
- The chemistry of the 5 together is so special isn't it? I dont think Spiceworld2019 missed it that much but the 5 are really the real deal!
- The music arrangements were stunning and LIVE yahoo.gif Some of their best arrangements ever, all with simingly renewed energy. Very very good musically! Last year's tour could have benefited with the same level of care for its music ah angel.gif
- The design isn't as bad as I remembered it, actually. I like that the stage creates different atmospheres and stagings for different songs. It isnt anything groundbreaking but it works well
- It's so clear to me now how they have established a really good touring career: absolutely being superstars, all of them. All of them eat that stage, chewing every single moment. And it makes it all seem quite amazing actually. You can tell the crowds love it, and they really nailed it. They always seem to do, when on tour! Kudos to them. Other girlbands also have/had excellent touring careers - Girls Aloud, Destiny's Child, Little Mix are all touring giants - but they bring it up a notch. No wonder they are now doing Stadiums w00t.gif

Question - are they the first girlband to do a Stadium tour at all? Or at least a 100% sold out one? I can't image any other girlband doing stadium tours, definitely not at the level we saw last year w00t.gif

And the bad:
- Headlines' live version definitely makes the song better but it is still completely pointless as a performance.
- The solos and celebration medley still absolutely ruin it for me. Vicky's is just awkward, Mel B's is bad, Emma's is just kind of there, and Geri is so obviously miming its hilarious. Mel C is fine, I guess...
- Who Do You Think You Are not being live sleep.gif
- The costumes. Im not a fan still. Those opening costumes were terrible, bland and boring blink.gif
- If You Can't Dance. Still bugs me that they ruined it, completely ruined it... What a shame, for one of their best songs.

OMG now im going to go over there and get a life and a glass of wine thanks! Quarantine is killing me wacko.gif

YES YES YES YAASSSSSSSS w00t.gif

I agree with pretty much every single thing... except I do like Emma, Geri and Melanie C's solo's (and Victoria's lol wish she sang a song though). I feel their solo parts fit as part of the story and they are a huge part of the Spice Girls story... just wish Mel B had done I want you back or Feels so good OR if she was gonna do a cover at least do Word up!?

Also I like the WDYTYA and Viva Forever costumes wub.gif And I love Melanie B's giraffe print costume at the beginning.

Also what you said about them as a 5 is special is so true... although I've watched Wembley today aswell and I have to say the 4 piece with Victoria is vastly superior she has so much more stage presence than Geri wub.gif

This post has been edited by Spiceboy: Apr 16 2020, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:52 AM