BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The lake at Kenwood!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Happy Chappy
post 10th March 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 114

For all those who went to Kenwood last year only to be confronted with a lake mad.gif For this years concert goers the stage is on the move thumbup.gif All the wild life is to be removed from the lake and the stage brought forward to bring the artists nearer to their audience.

Read the full article here:

http://tinyurl.com/zjats
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
truly talented
post 10th March 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140

QUOTE(make my day @ Mar 10 2006, 01:05 PM) *

For all those who went to Kenwood last year only to be confronted with a lake mad.gif For this years concert goers the stage is on the move thumbup.gif All the wild life is to be removed from the lake and the stage brought forward to bring the artists nearer to their audience.

Read the full article here:

http://tinyurl.com/zjats

Thanks for posting.

Sounds like a good idea. thumbup.gif I didn't go to Kenwood but I know some Will fans were disappointed with the venue. Not sure it was really suitable for a pop concert.

+Quote this post
Compton
post 10th March 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 94

It was awful. The sound was turned down, we weren't allowed to stand, there was a food fight! The best thing was that Val R and I had a long chat with Jerry, Will's drummer. What a nice man.

+Quote this post
suggy
post 10th March 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 85

Thanks for posting that make my day, I see the residents are still doing their usual moaning about the noise levels, they seem to be obsessed with "decibels". rolleyes.gif laugh.gif From what I read on other forums, Kenwood was one of the worst venues that Will has ever done, the weather was crap, people were continually ordered to sit down and Will was a dot in the distance, he did his best under the circumstances, but the venue was totally wrong for an act like his in my opinion, I think it's more suited to orchestras and acts like Katie Melua, Jools Holland etc. This bit in the article is enough to put me off going.
IMG said trying to keep to the current limit of 12 decibels above allotted background noise levels meant the concerts were "an ineffective form of entertainment for significant numbers of the paying public."

+Quote this post
Compton
post 10th March 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Somebody from the area wrote on the O/S that it is generally considered as place where you go for a nice picnic and have a concert as a bonus! I posted that we went for the concert and had a picnic as a bonus.

Never again!

+Quote this post
zigzag
post 13th March 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #6

Isnt that the place where Will told a duck to p*ss off tongue.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Harri
post 13th March 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I full on Swayzed that mother...
User: 205

Only a year later laugh.gif

The lake didn't bother me so much, it was being dripping wet when it pissed it down that depressed me a bit.

+Quote this post
suggy
post 13th March 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 85

QUOTE(Harri @ Mar 13 2006, 09:13 PM) *

Only a year later laugh.gif

The lake didn't bother me so much, it was being dripping wet when it pissed it down that depressed me a bit.

You've made it, cheer.gif did the snow delay your arrival Harri? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Compton
post 13th March 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Val and I didn't really get very wet because we were sheltering under a tree - with Jerry! dance.gif

+Quote this post
Harri
post 13th March 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I full on Swayzed that mother...
User: 205

QUOTE(suggy @ Mar 13 2006, 09:51 PM) *

You've made it, cheer.gif did the snow delay your arrival Harri? laugh.gif

I didn't realise there was somewhere else to go laugh.gif

I didn't get that wet - we were walking back to our seats and ended up walking past the band, but had left my coat on my chair which got drenched!!! And for some reason I had left my passport in the pocket mad.gif . So when it got chilly later on my only option was to put on a wet coat laugh.gif and that's on top of sitting on a wet deckchair which was sinking into the wet mud laugh.gif

Twas quite an interesting venue.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 9th June 2024, 08:42 PM