BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Which Kylie single took you the longest to like?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post 23rd September 2019, 06:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Is there any Kylie single that on release or during its chart reign you dd not like, but, overtime, you became a fan and now really enjoy and appreciate the song?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 23rd September 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
Quite a few - even though I always bought in release week there are a few that took ages for me to get into:

•Confide In Me
•Slow
•Red Blooded Woman
•Chocolate
•Dancing

+Quote this post
pippa
post 23rd September 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I also have a few:

In My Arms, it took me numerous years to truly like this song, Wow remains the better of the two, but i do like the song now.

Put Yourself In My Place, this is a song that under my radar for many years but now i think it is extremely under rated but very enjoyable.

Chocolate, i felt this was initially a bad single choice but after it became a single i fell in love it and it is up there with Slow.

Word Is Out, a song that is not bursting with popularity but good and sadly Kylie totally ignores the song now.

On the reverse of this:

In Your Eyes when released was a wonderful single but i don't listen to it anymore as i feel age has treated it badly.

This post has been edited by pippa: 23rd September 2019, 07:07 PM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 23rd September 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Put Yourself in My Place is the first that came to mind. I did quite like it at the time but it has definitely continued to grow on me.

Also, I like some of her earlier singles such as What Do I Have To Do more now than I did back then too.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd September 2019, 08:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
I didn't care for 'All The Lovers' at all at the time but now it's one of my favourites of hers wub.gif big turnaround!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 23rd September 2019, 09:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I instantly loved All The Lovers and the i love it even more to this very day.
A true career highlight.

Breathe was a sleeper song for me. Initially i was like this is nice, but through time it really became a song i enjoyed.

Having Breathe and Put Yourself In My Place together on SBIT brings out the very best in both songs.

Looking back, i think on the first few listens of Slow, i felt Kylie had made a huge mistake, but the song did grow on me but within a short period.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 23rd September 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I think it would have to be put yourself in my place for me as it took a while. Dancing I was initially really disappointed with until she performed it in Saturday night take away and then it all changed.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 24th September 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Looking back word is out is another one, its prob only in the last 5 years I've got to really like it, was disappointed it's not on the new greatest hits.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 24th September 2019, 01:16 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I suppose I should probably mention PYIMP, I didn't used to rate it that highly but around the time of Ultimate Kylie it hit me out of nowhere and I've been so in love with it ever since. wub.gif

I suppose on a semi-related note I've been appreciating CGYOMH again over the past 2-3 years, there was a long period of time when I couldn't stomach listening to it due to the overplay.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: 24th September 2019, 01:32 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 24th September 2019, 01:26 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Music in general that gets over played turns me off but this never happened with Cant Get You Out of My Head.
Main reason for this is we have received so many different versions that has helped to keep the song fresh.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 24th September 2019, 10:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Just as I started to tire of CGYOOMY along came cant get blue Monday out of my head and I loved the song all over again, that brit performance was epic.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 25th September 2019, 12:04 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
I would say slow...hated it at first but now I think it’s one of the best things she has ever done!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 25th September 2019, 12:26 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I never disliked slow but took me time to appreciate it, wasnt fully convinced it was the right direction after the huge fever era. Part of me still thinks Fever should have got a more pop follow up then material like slow, commercially I think it would have worked out better in terms of album sales.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 25th September 2019, 08:41 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I wouldn't say during it chart reign but when I first heard Slow I thought it was terrible, however it grew on my so much it's now one of my favourite Kylie singles.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 25th September 2019, 09:54 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I think alot of fans were the same with slow.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 25th September 2019, 01:09 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I think because the sound was unexpected and very different to the sound of Light Years and Fever it took people time to adjust.
Slow apparently is one of Kylie;s favourite singles now.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 25th September 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #17
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Finer Feelings - I must admit that this took me a while to get into, when I was young I only liked Kylie's pop music & found this a little too different and couldn't get into. Thankfully as I got older my music tastes have changed and now I love it, very sexy and sophisticated & definitely elevates 'Let's Get To It' album and offers something very fresh, dare I say it, this is the best track from an otherwise quite underwhelming album.

Confide In Me - Again for the same reasons as 'FF', but now a definite iconic Kylie classic.

Breathe - Like the album it came from, I didn't like for the longest time. However now I love it and find this like the album it comes from an important evolution in Kylie's career.

Your Disco Needs You - This wasn't quite so instant with me at first, found it way too camp, but that's the point and when she sung it live on her 'On A Night Like This Tour' it simply slayed and a definitive lost classic.

Come Into My World - At the time found this way too similar to 'CGYOOMH', and weren't keen on it & wanted either 'Fever' or 'Love Affair' as the album's 4th single, but over time and seeing more live performances of it, I've definitely found new love for it and love the chilled out vibe throughout it. On the whole this marked a perfect ending to the incredible 'Fever' era with a run that equals the holy 'ROL' era.

Red Blooded Woman - Always wanted 'Secret (Take You Home)' as Body Language's 2nd single. Found this way too Americanized, but after seeing the music video, I simply found it great and while I still find that 'STYH' should have been released, this was still a great strong single choice.

This post has been edited by SamJudd: 25th September 2019, 01:42 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 25th September 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I had the same feelings towards Come Into My World and thought it was the wrong choice for the 4th single.
Fever, back then was my clear standout to make the selection as a single, but now, i can see why they went with Come Into My World.
The singles from Fever were incredible but the golden 4 from Rhythm of Love remain ahead of them.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 25th September 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(SamJudd @ Sep 25 2019, 02:42 PM) *
Finer Feelings - I must admit that this took me a while to get into, when I was young I only liked Kylie's pop music & found this a little too different and couldn't get into. Thankfully as I got older my music tastes have changed and now I love it, very sexy and sophisticated & definitely elevates 'Let's Get To It' album and offers something very fresh, dare I say it, this is the best track from an otherwise quite underwhelming album.

Confide In Me - Again for the same reasons as 'FF', but now a definite iconic Kylie classic.

I had the same issue with 'Confide in Me' too. Like you, it was too outside of my pure pop tastes, but with time it has grown to become one of my very favourite Kylie songs.

That's the main example of a song going from hate to love and I remember it taking such a long time to do so - even when I realised I did like it, it took further time for me to actually love it. Looking at the other songs mentioned here, I can agree on 'Word is Out' being one that took a while to grow, although I must admit I never gave it much chance. The Summer Breeze mix elevates the song further. I also agree with Aly regarding 'Can't Get You Out of My Head'. I loved it as a kid, then when I started discovering more Kylie music, it started to take a back seat (I still liked it but much less than I used to). Now I've gone back to regarding it as one of her best again.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 25th September 2019, 10:53 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I was lucky that I loved pop but loved indie music as well or music by artists such as Bjork so confide in me wasnt too left wing to tastes I liked but it was a song I didnt take to. Je ne SAS pais pourquai is a song that I go in and out of but on the whole I like it alot.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:11 AM