BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2019: Nomination Presentation, finished lol :(
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 01:37 AM
Post #41
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

BEST ANIMATED FILM

Your nominees are...

And this year we have six nominations in this category; with the three films that dominated the voice performance categories and 3 basically lone nominees (well Lego got into box office disaster x)

Frozen 2 & Toy Story 4 were obvs nominees here. It's debatable whether the live-action The Lion King is an animation but f*** it idec anymore, as long as it doesn't win I'm fine with it here.

Of the fresh nominees there is: Abominable which was one of the biggest surprises of the year for me, surprisingly warm & the animation was STUNNING, that film deserved better and I'm glad it made it here. Also making it is Oscar nominee I Lost My Body, another fantastic animation that's on Netflix. And then we have that flaming pile of crap somehow making the line-up ugh. At least it didn't pollute the voice categories like the first one & the batman spin-off did, a silver lining. I also forgot it was a 2019 release and not 2018 it feels that old and outdated already kink.gif

I'm kinda surprised at the above 3 all getting in tbh! Laika miss for the gorgeous Missing Link whilst sequels to previous nominees The Secret Life of Pets 2 & Shaun The Sheep 2 missed. I also thought both The Addams Family and Klaus could've sneaked in. And most shockingly, How To Train Your Dragon 3 misses completely after the first two dominated ohmy.gif I'm really surprised at that, esp with it being the closer film & having a good reception from fans of the franchise.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 01:40 AM
Post #42
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BP NOMINEE #5

Your nominees are...

and after it scored five nominations amongst the animation categories, it comes as no surprise that Frozen 2 makes the best picture line-up. Can it go one step further than its predecessor managed?

Nominees in Best Picture so far:
Avengers: Endgame
Frozen II
Knives Out
Midsommar
The Favourite

5 more to come. What are your predictions??? (and plz someone predict x)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 01:40 AM
Post #43
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

I'm gonna aim to do some in the day tomorrow so hopefully some people will be around to comment live then! (obvs no one would be at this time x)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 02:11 PM
Post #44
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

anyone around hahaha?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th May 2020, 02:27 PM
Post #45
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I am! All pretty predictable choices for these categories. Although I'm surprised 'Lego Movie 2' swindled it's way into "Best Animation"... erm... did the people who nominated that actually WATCH it? laugh.gif

I still NEED to see 'I Lost My Body'. Heard nothing but good things! I might watch it tonight actually.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 02:34 PM
Post #46
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(Jonjo @ May 17 2020, 03:27 PM) *
I am! All pretty predictable choices for these categories. Although I'm surprised 'Lego Movie 2' swindled it's way into "Best Animation"... erm... did the people who nominated that actually WATCH it? laugh.gif

I still NEED to see 'I Lost My Body'. Heard nothing but good things! I might watch it tonight actually.

yay fab <3 <3 <3

omg ikr with the lego movie 2. like I know & accept I'm in the minority on the 1st film but the 2nd one... yikes.

I Lost My Body is great! hope u enjoy!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 02:41 PM
Post #47
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SCORE

Your nominees are...

We have 7 nominees this year for Best Score; including Oscar nominees If Beale Street Could Talk, Little Women & Marriage Story, as well as the Oscar winner Joker. Also showing up here is Ad Astra's fabulous score, Frozen II's beautiful instrumentals and The Farewell's memorable score. This is actually such a strong line-up, all 7 of these scores are fab and up there with my favourites of the year <3 I'm kinda shocked Star Wars missed and Midsommar deserved better.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 02:52 PM
Post #48
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SOUNDTRACK

Your nominees are...

another really strong line-up for the music category this year. We have triple Disney here; with the live-action remakes Aladdin and The Lion King making it. Aladdin's soundtrack was really good with new additions such as the stunning Speechless, and The Lion King's soundtrack contained all the classics and Elton John's new song Never Too Late is a banger (the less said about the #98-OUT flop the better x). Frozen II also makes it here, with bangers such as Into The Unknown & Some Things Never Change and ofc the movie highlight Show Yourself <3 It's not as good a soundtrack as the first one but it's still fab.

Another animated musical makes the line-up in the form of Kelly Clarkson's UGLYDOLLS <3 I haven't seen the film but the soundtrack is SFG so I'm glad it surprisingly made the line-up. Couldn't Get Better, Unbreakable and credits closer Broken & Beautiful are FABULOUS and there's fab contributions to the soundtrack from Why Don't We & Bebe Rexha. Also making it is the fabulous soundtracks for Booksmart & Hustlers. Booksmart has one of the best comedy soundtracks in AGES, so many bangers and songs that fit the film so well (including You Oughta Know, Lizzo's BOP boys and Nobody Speak). Hustlers soundtrack is also fully killer with many fab musical moments in the movie, from J Lo's introduction to Fiona Apple's Criminal, the stripper banger of life Gimme More, Janet Jackson's Control over the credits, Royals and even more <3 Such a well put together soundtrack!

A fab line-up on the whole <3 I'm gutted Wild Rose missed, the soundtrack is fantastic and really deserved a nom here. I'd also be here for Last Christmas making it (so many classic Wham bangers) and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is such a well put together soundtrack with many classics, I wish that it made the line-up. Also surprised the Ariana-led Charlie's Angels and musical biopics Rocketman & Yesterday failed to put up a fight.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #49
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SONG

Your nominees are...

Lost In The Woods is horrible but otherwise this is my runaway top 5 songs of the year so wd guys <3 <3

As with 2013, we have Frozen 2 domination here again. The songs are the main-push from the film and UK top 20 hit, Into The Unknown (the only Oscar nominee here), the showstopping Show Yourself which is LIG pt. II and rly should've been pushed and the Kristoff 80's ballad Lost In The Woods, which yeah really doesn't do it for me. Also in this line-up, Taylor gets like her 80th nomination in this category with the stunning & underrated Beautiful Ghosts from Disaster: The Movie. Can she FINALLY get a win here (probably not). And Speechless is a fab addition to Aladdin and Naomi Scott nails it vocally, it def seems like a wildcard contender here.

And finally we have the utterly stunning Glasgow from Wild Rose <3 <3 <3 y'all better listen to this (or even better, watch the film on amazon prime) before voting. Such a stunning song, Jessie Buckley nails it vocally, the lyrics are beautiful and this is an all-timer. This was unfortunately snubbed at the Oscars but I'm glad it managed to make it here <3

This was def on the weaker side of recent years for original songs, with only 11 songs getting a mention!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th May 2020, 03:22 PM
Post #50
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BP NOMINEE #5

Your nominees are...

and following on from its score nomination (I probs should've saved Frozen 2 for this announcement with its domination of song/soundtrack/score), Joker unsurprisingly gets a BP nomination as it performs really well across the board so far across the nominations.

Frozen II
Joker
Knives Out
Midsommar
The Favourite

4 more to come. What are your predictions???

+Quote this post
Scene
post 17th May 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

Joker ftw. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th May 2020, 06:36 PM
Post #52
Group icon

Ugh. Avengers: Endgame was ROBBED in the score category sad.gif 'A Real Hero' is breathtaking and 'Portals' is spine-tingling and iconic!

Best song is exactly what I expected. Hoping 'Speechless' comes out victorious in that one, but 'Lost In The Woods' is fantastic too! tongue.gif

Booksmart
Hustlers
Little Women
Marriage Story

are my 4 predictions for Best Picture.

Outside chances for 'Farewell' & 'Ad Astra' (which I STILL haven't seen).

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th May 2020, 11:47 PM
Post #53
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

hi.gif I forgot again x

attractive actress
attracrive actor
performance of the year
Ensemble
Newcomer
BP nominee #8

these coming now as I aim to finish these before May x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th May 2020, 11:57 PM
Post #54
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

MOST ATTRACTIVE ACTRESS

Your nominees are...

and we have 7 nominees this year for most attractive actress *.* from category regulars Margot and Scarlett to newcomers Florence Pugh, we have 7 gorgeous and incredible women here <3 will Margot win this for the 90th time or will one of the other women win here this time round!

(we love high quality images x)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 29th May 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #55
Group icon

They're all very deserving! wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 12:04 AM
Post #56
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

MOST ATTRACTIVE ACTOR

Your nominees are...

and in the male counterpart we have 6 nominees *.* Henry Golding better win this, a MAN *.* Nick Jonas 'acted' in Jumanji 2 so that's enough of an excuse for buzzjcak to nominate him for a hot award ofc x regular category appears Evans and Gyllenhaal are here, joined by Richard Madden & Tom Holland. Shocked previous winner Timothee Chalamet missed, what a shame xxx Also thought more of the avengers would've cracked this!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 12:08 AM
Post #57
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR

Your nominees are...

I kinda wanna scrap this category ngl. what's y'all thoughts?

anyway five fab performances. we usually have one nominee here that misses the acting line-up categories, will we have one this year ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 12:15 AM
Post #58
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST ENSEMBLE

Your nominees are...

another bumper category with 7 nominees in ensemble!! such a good year for big star ensembles *.* we have films stacked with big name stars from Avengers to Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, films that were heavy ensemble players with loads of characters all getting stuff to do in Hustlers, Knives Out and Little Women, the breakout ensemble of The Farewell and the smaller but fab work of The Favourite ensemble.

Damn I love all of these ensembles bar Avengers, idek how imma choose my fave! Booksmart deserved a nom here and so did Support The Girls sad.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 12:24 AM
Post #59
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST NEWCOMER

Your nominees are...

- Ana de Armas (for Knives Out)
- Elsie Fisher (for Eighth Grade)
- Florence Pugh (for Fighting With My Family, Little Women & Midsommar)
- Isabela Merced (for Dora & The Lost City of Gold, Instant Family & Let It Snow)
- Julia Butters (for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)
- Kaitlyn Dever (for Beautiful Boy & Booksmart)

6 nominees and an all female category for newcomer, we stan *.* will any be able to break into the acting categories this year?

so many fab breakthroughs here *.* we have some actresses that've been around for a while but got some killer roles in 2019 and def seem to be on the way to bigger things, such as Ana De Armas with her breakthrough in Knives Out and Kaitlyn Dever with Booksmart. Florence Pugh went from being very unknown to one of the biggest stars of 2019 after leading 3 massive hits and Isabela Merced also had 3 hits this year in family-friendly flicks. And then we have two child actresses breaking out through Elsie Fisher's lead role in teen-drama Eighth Grade and Julia Butters scene stealing turn in Tarantino's 9th film. I'm shocked Zhao Shuzhen missed here and Jessie Buckley deserved attention too!

I think my pick here is either Dever (my fave performance of the year) or Pugh (WHAT a breakthrough year) but all six are fab *.*

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th May 2020, 12:26 AM
Post #60
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BP NOMINEE #7

Your nominees are...

on the back off an ensemble nom and Awkwafina's nom in performance of the year, The Farewell cracked the BP line-up! A fab and inspired nom that deserved this feat in real life, such a great film with a fantastic script, direction and cast <3

Frozen II
Joker
Knives Out
Midsommar
The Farewell
The Favourite

3 more to come. What are your predictions???

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 11:49 AM