BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
35 Pages V  « < 33 34 35  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Celebrity Big Brother • Series 20, LAUNCH: 01-08-2017 // FINAL: 25-08-2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 26th August 2017, 10:25 AM
Post #681
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Sarah is a producer's ultimate housemate. She's the most famous in there and she was the most entertaining/prominent. That means that she's worth her higher fee and she's a guaranteed finalist.

She's definitely not what I was expecting and I think it was the completely wrong environment/show to go into. She went in there to get rid of a public image that people didn't really care/know about and came out with a much more damaged image. She would have been better off going on Strictly or something. I'm not a psychologist or therapist by an means AT ALL but she really does exhibit quite childlike behaviour, even when she was crowned winner and during her interview. It's odd to watch.

I wasn't really bothered about any of them winning but Sarah probably did need it the most, especially as I feel like the adjustment back to real life will be a lot harder for her than maybe most of the others.

Amelia was too consciously on the fence, Sam was kind of playing a game with the showmance thing and was COMPLETELY over the top with the 'Jam' thing that it just felt forced, Derek is just someone I cannot get behind because of his career, Chad seemed all too reality TV knowing and Jemma is just Jemma.

Overall, it wasn't a classic series by an means but it was possibly my favourite summer CBB. I'm normally completely burnt out by the time it comes to the third series of the year but I thought there were an interesting selection of housemates this year and a greater allowance to let things happen naturally by the producers (at least in the first half).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 26th August 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #682
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Sarah really surprised me. In her launch night VT she was all "hai, um, I'm a tomboy!!" and I was all GROAN, BORE OFF. Little did I know she'd go in there and be one of the most controversial CBB housemates of all time. She showed us every side to her, every emotion, she gave us so many storylines. Love her or hate her, she was EASILY the most deserving winner out of everybody and I'm so happy for her.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 26th August 2017, 12:13 PM
Post #683
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

As for the series itself, meh, outside of Sarah, Chad, Paul and Jemma, it was extremely forgettable and bland. A lot of the housemates were massive disappointments (Helen, Derek, Marissa, Shaun, Brandi, Sandi) and the focus on Sam and Jordan's bromance at the beginning was a blatant Love Island copy which cringed me out way too much. I was also disappointed by the lack of tasks and the tasks we did get were utter shite.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th August 2017, 12:48 PM
Post #684
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(Klaus @ Aug 26 2017, 11:25 AM) *
Sarah is a producer's ultimate housemate. She's the most famous in there and she was the most entertaining/prominent. That means that she's worth her higher fee and she's a guaranteed finalist.

She's definitely not what I was expecting and I think it was the completely wrong environment/show to go into. She went in there to get rid of a public image that people didn't really care/know about and came out with a much more damaged image. She would have been better off going on Strictly or something. I'm not a psychologist or therapist by an means AT ALL but she really does exhibit quite childlike behaviour, even when she was crowned winner and during her interview. It's odd to watch.

100%, I normally don't like the "x is the most famous so has to win" coming from the Facebook wine mums but she would have pretty much been a guaranteed finalist even if she didn't do much like say Shaun or Derek. The fact she was a mess and a rollercoaster to watch just went even more in her favour of winning.

Whilst I'm glad she won as I said, I agree she maybe shouldn't have done it. I think her and Gary Busey make good cases for the psych trsts being a thing again, but I suppose it makes good TV and without Sarah imagine how hideously DULL the series would've been :/ The producers don't care that she struggled or maybe wouldn't cope, because it makes good TV. I just don't know if thats what I wanted to watch, but I think I was mostly burned out and would've been much more interested if it was January laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Neil
post 26th August 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #685
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016

This post has been edited by Neil: 26th August 2017, 03:43 PM

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 26th August 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #686
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

I don't believe half of what Trisha says anyways. Sarah may have a few clauses in her contract but the voting numbers speak for themselves.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th August 2017, 01:23 AM
Post #687
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Trisha is absolutely embarrassing, I really think the whole thing of her going on the show and acting like it was the worst thing ever is a publicity stunt for her channel laugh.gif A lot of them have clauses on their contracts I'm sure, it's a bit sneaky but it's probably just things like provide this food etc., one notable one I remember is Rylan had to be able to go somewhere to rehearse for the X Factor tour. She keeps going on about all this secretive shit and whilst I'm sure certain things go on, if anything that rigged had gone on, they wouldn't get away with it. There's been enough bitter losers that one would have revealed it by now. The nice people don't always win, Sarah was the most famous and the defining character of the series, of course she'd win.

If they were "trying to make her look good" they sure botched that up laugh.gif Yes, they did edit it and show a lot of her, giving her the show's central storyline and thus leaving out other housemates, but they have to edit it down and from the producers' point of view as has been said, Sarah is gold as a housemate. Being so famous, her being the one who's a mess is gonna draw in headlines.

Then again with what Ben Frow has been saying about BB maybe they did fix it to send it down with a scandal rotf.gif

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 27th August 2017, 01:51 AM
Post #688
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

Trisha is making a fool of herself... she would've won? Where were her 5 million followers the night she was in the bottom 2? laugh.gif She spends too much time on YouTube, she's delusional. Girl you're not famous at all outside of the internet (and even that's arguable). Of course she has the most views, that means nothing when 99% of the viewers can't vote laugh.gif

They all just come across as being bitter and jealous of Sarah. I don't see what she said about the "older" ones (there only was 2 old people laugh.gif) that was so bad. She called Derek a "foghorn"? Who would want to sleep beside a loud snorer? Nothing to do with age.

So she reserved a bed... and? Sinitta's lucky she wasn't in this series, god knows what they'd have done to her for requesting a bodyguard laugh.gif

Lmao @ her unintentionally shading herself with that "celebrities" comment laugh.gif

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: 27th August 2017, 01:54 AM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th August 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #689
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I am thrilled Sarah won. Yes she has plenty of flaws but in many times i think the housemates just found it easy to find fault in everything she said. She was the central storyline on the back of all this and provided entertainment whether you loved or hated her.

+Quote this post

35 Pages V  « < 33 34 35
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 12:06 AM