BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Melanie C - 'The Sea', 2011 • 5th Album / 12th Anniversary
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Aug 25 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #61
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Rather than download a leak, why don't you listen to the clips on itunes and buy it when it comes out to support the artist, rather than downloading an illegal copy which doesn't benefit the artist at all.

Get off your high horse. I'm gonna buy the album, I wanna hear it first though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 25 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #62
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Rather than download a leak, why don't you listen to the clips on itunes and buy it when it comes out to support the artist, rather than downloading an illegal copy which doesn't benefit the artist at all.

He's going to buy it anyway, I can vouch for that. He probably just wants to listen early.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Aug 25 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #63
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Aug 25 2011, 11:10 PM) *
Get off your high horse. I'm gonna buy the album, I wanna hear it first though.

That was a rather defensive response. If you are going to buy the album, then why download an illegal leak? There are clips on itunes where you can listen to the full album.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 25 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #64
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:13 PM) *
That was a rather defensive response. If you are going to buy the album, then why download an illegal leak? There are clips on itunes where you can listen to the full album.

HOW VERY DARE YOU.

I wanna hear the full thing, not 1.30 clips.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Aug 25 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #65
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Aug 25 2011, 11:17 PM) *
HOW VERY DARE YOU.

I wanna hear the full thing, not 1.30 clips.

How dare me? Well I think I'm entitled to my own opinion. If you want to hear the full album, then go and buy it in the shops and support the artist rather than downloading some illegal copy.

+Quote Post
jark
post Aug 25 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #66
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

Oh ZZZ what a boring argument. The free availability of illegal downloads encourages the artist to make better music. If Melanie has made a strong album (and she has) then she need not worry about losing sales from illegal downloads. It's actually healthy in terms of pushing artists to make quality music.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 25 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #67
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(JxRk @ Aug 25 2011, 11:23 PM) *
Oh ZZZ what a boring argument. The free availability of illegal downloads encourages the artist to make better music. If Melanie has made a strong album (and she has) then she need not worry about losing sales from illegal downloads. It's actually healthy in terms of pushing artists to make quality music.

Edit: LiLi sent me one, nevermind.

This post has been edited by Regina: Aug 25 2011, 10:32 PM

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Aug 25 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #68
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I disagree. Illegal downloads actually lose artists thousands of pounds. Its like walking into a shop and stealing something which you havent actually paid for.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 25 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #69
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:35 PM) *
I disagree. Illegal downloads actually lose artists thousands of pounds. Its like walking into a shop and stealing something which you havent actually paid for.

Well its a bit pointless stealing something you DID pay for.

+Quote Post
jark
post Aug 25 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #70

I'm not casting doubt on the illegality of it. Of course it's illegal and perhaps immoral. Either you've misinterpreted my point or chosen to ignore it, that being that when you know thousands of people who might previously have bought your album are now only going to do so if they 'preview' it via an illegal download and like what they hear, you've got a stronger incentive to make a decent record than when you knew the fans would buy it regardless. If there's one good thing to come of the digital era in that regard it's that artists can't be complacent. Bad for the label, yes, good for the fan who can expect a quality album.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Aug 25 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #71
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JxRk @ Aug 25 2011, 11:37 PM) *
I'm not casting doubt on the illegality of it. Of course it's illegal and perhaps immoral. Either you've misinterpreted my point or chosen to ignore it, that being that when you know thousands of people who might previously have bought your album are now only going to do so if they 'preview' it via an illegal download and like what they hear, you've got a stronger incentive to make a decent record than when you knew the fans would buy it regardless. If there's one good thing to come of the digital era in that regard it's that artists can't be complacent. Bad for the label, yes, good for the fan who can expect a quality album.

How many people actually download something for free and then go out and buy the actual album in the shops though? Some people will use the excuse that they want to listen to the album first, well itunes provide 90 second clips of all tracks which usually give you a strong indication of whether you will like the album. Secondly, I think in a lot of cases, most people will only download it for free than pay £10 in the shops. Album sales have been on a steep decline in the past couple of years and I think its incredibly wrong of websites like this to be encouraging something which has actually been proven to harm an artists sales.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 25 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #72
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:45 PM) *
How many people actually download something for free and then go out and buy the actual album in the shops though? Some people will use the excuse that they want to listen to the album first, well itunes provide 90 second clips of all tracks which usually give you a strong indication of whether you will like the album. Secondly, I think in a lot of cases, most people will only download it for free than pay £10 in the shops. Album sales have been on a steep decline in the past couple of years and I think its incredibly wrong of websites like this to be encouraging something which has actually been proven to harm an artists sales.

I do biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jark
post Aug 25 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:45 PM) *

Even 1:30 clips, don't give a good indication of how a song will appeal to you once you've bedded it in a bit. Often clips are entirely misleading, more often than not I'd say.

This website isn't 'encouraging' anything - I'm baffled as to how you've come to that conclusion. I'm giving an opinion, so is Regina, it doesn't reflect the website as a whole.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Aug 26 2011, 10:24 AM
Post #74
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JxRk @ Aug 26 2011, 12:06 AM) *

Even 1:30 clips, don't give a good indication of how a song will appeal to you once you've bedded it in a bit. Often clips are entirely misleading, more often than not I'd say.

Thats hardly a good justification for downloading illegally.

This website isn't 'encouraging' anything - I'm baffled as to how you've come to that conclusion. I'm giving an opinion, so is Regina, it doesn't reflect the website as a whole.

You are encouraging downloading illegally by sharing Mp3 links.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Aug 26 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #75
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

But sales don't always reflect the quality. I mean "Blackout" was/is one of the most illegally downloaded albums ever, yet its sales are almost appalling.

+Quote Post
jark
post Aug 26 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #76

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Aug 26 2011, 11:24 AM) *
You are encouraging downloading illegally by sharing Mp3 links.

I've not shared any links so kindly brush up on your facts before you tell me what I have and haven't been doing.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Aug 26 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #77
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JxRk @ Aug 26 2011, 01:18 PM) *

I've not shared any links so kindly brush up on your facts before you tell me what I have and haven't been doing.

QUOTE(Regina @ Aug 25 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Anyone got a link for the leak?

Well perhaps not you specifically but other people are asking for links on here.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 26 2011, 02:37 PM
Post #78
Raining Shitter

I really don't see what the problem is by downloading the leak to know what the album is like when I am going to buy the album when it comes out.
1 minute clips on itunes are not enough to fully get a taste of the album, especially Enemy which is 8 minutes long.

People all over the site are aksing for links to other leaked album yet you single us out here in this thread.

This post has been edited by Regina: Aug 26 2011, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 26 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #79
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Oooh. The albums leaked? Link please biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 26 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #80
Raining Shitter

Finished listening, pretty damn amazing.

Top 5.

1. Enemy

2. Stupid Game
3. Burn
4. Think About It
5. The Sea

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:16 AM