BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna World Records in celebration of Record Store Day
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 18th April 2016, 10:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Madonna (USA, b. Madonna Ciccone) is the Best-selling female recording artist, having sold more than 300 million albums in her career since debuting with her self-titled release in 1983.

As of October 2013, Madonna had sold an estimated 305,600,000 albums. Her best-sellers are The Immaculate Collection (1990, 30 million copies sold) and True Blue (1986, 25 million copies sold).

Although precise sales figures are difficult to obtain and are often disputed, it is acknowledged that only The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson have conclusively sold more albums worldwide than Madonna.

In honour of Record Store Day she is releasing Like A Virgin & Other Big Hits! as a 12" Coloured Vinyl.

She is such a renowned popstar that she has even inspired a Guinness World Records attempt for the Largest gathering of people dressed as Madonna. The 2014 Fool's Paradise Drag Party (USA) set the record with an incredible 440 people in Fire Island Pines, New York, USA, in August 2014.

(Source)

Nothing too new here, apart from a more precise figure for her estimated worldwide sales that I've not seen before. What makes hers more impressive to me is that she's achieved that much without resorting to bucket loads of compilations and cash-ins.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 23rd April 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007

Incredible figures (obviously).

Lol at the final one :') I wish I was there!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:38 AM