BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lover • 7th album, 23rd August
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 4th October 2019, 01:41 PM
Post #301
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

The Lover vinyl is on the way cheer.gif Released 15th November!

https://intl.target.com/p/taylor-swift-love...et/-/A-78140449

So far it appears to be exclusive to Target, but maybe that's just for the US? Fingers crossed it'll be available in other countries.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 4th October 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #302
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

This would be my single run for "Lover", while the 3 she's already released have done pretty well, I would have changed the order with some of them & here goes (seems as though she tends to go with 7) that's what I've also picked. plus this is an 18 track album, so there are bound to be quite a few singles yet to come from this era. While I have done a similar post to this - I was just going with what was already released + added my faves to them.

Also my opinions will have changed a bit regarding the later ones I've already picked so here goes...

1. Me! - Since the album came out I've started to really come round to this. Fun, poppy & catchy and its bright sound was a nice contrast to the overly dark 'Reputation' era (which If I'm honest wasn't entirely sold on) & glad she didn't continue in that direction. Sure this may not work for everyone (including me at first), but in the context of the album it works. This may not rank as one of the finest moments in her discogforraphy but its a decent starting point for what's to come. Plus that music video was pretty awesome & really helps sell the song.

2. Cruel Summer - Now this would have made a much better & stronger 2nd single than 'YNTCD', perfect for the summer (hence the title) with its cool synth-pop sound with breezy light electronica thrown & a big epic chorus that's tailor made for radio. This has to become a single at some point (it would be stupid not too). Great track, Taylor at her very best & should have been released a lot sooner as this would have generated a lot more interest for the album (especially for those who weren't sold on ME!). I could have seen this have a stronger & more successful chart run than the lead, & hopefully it will when it actually gets released.

3. You Need To Calm Down - Pushing this down to 3rd would have been better following in the late summer (instead of the title track). Continuing the cool synth-pop sound while delivering a powerful message with a great catchy melody and some powerful electro pop production. This is another that has grown on me more since the album's release & the songs message would have been fresher on people's minds if this came just weeks before the album itself.

4. Lover - Releasing this in Nov/Dec time would have made a lot more sense, as it slows the pace down into a smooth, romantic & simply a beautiful number that's perfect for the wintery X-Mas season. Her vocals on this are really warm & smooth which really makes this song great & a fantastic single choice, definitely one of the strongest tracks on the fantastic album.

5. The Man - Another great track that will probably get released at some point (its done really well on downloads). Definitely one of Taylor's most outspoken moments on this album & in probably in general. With it's great lyrics laced over with a thick electronic production and some fierce vocals, this would be a great way to kick off the new year & dare I say it yet another potential smash hit in the waiting.

6. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince - This dramatic mid-tempo pop number would be yet another great potential future single that perhaps could offer something a little bit different to what we've had so far,, plus this has some of the strongest set of lyrics from this era & continues her evolution as an artist as with this she's managed to find a subtle way of delivering social commentary without shoving it in your face. This has to be one Taylor's most compelling numbers to date.

7. Daylight - This would be a great ending to the era, a big mid-tempo dramatic track as being the final track on the album brings everything to a full beautiful circle & perhaps could have that moment if it does get released maybe. but we'll see how things pan out, with an album with so many potential singles this may end up getting lost in the shuffle, but we'll see. This has definitely grown on me more since buying the album & its a perfect album closer that celebrates love and shows everything from a more hopeful perspective.

Soon You'll Get Better - This could perhaps serve in the U.S. for Country Radio (kinda like 'New Year's Day' did), but this is so much better & shows a more vulnerable side to Taylor with its heart wrenching yet simple production & lyrics. This song is just simply gorgeous and would make yet another great single choice (maybe over 'Daylight'). I constantly swap this & that track for my choices as they're both so damn good and either one would be fantastic.

So what do u guys think....

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 6th October 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #303
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

This is now her second longest running album in the top ten in the UK wub.gif

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 6th October 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #304
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I can't believe more people don't realise just how wonderful this song is — still my favourite from the album. It's so restrained, sensual, and shows the most sonic progression for her as an artist. Swoon.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 6th October 2019, 03:23 PM

+Quote this post
Jade
post 6th October 2019, 09:53 PM
Post #305
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Oct 4 2019, 02:41 PM) *
The Lover vinyl is on the way cheer.gif Released 15th November!

https://intl.target.com/p/taylor-swift-love...et/-/A-78140449
So far it appears to be exclusive to Target, but maybe that's just for the US? Fingers crossed it'll be available in other countries.

Decided to pre-order this just in case it doesn't become more widely available. Those vinyl colours wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th November 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #306
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Received my copy of the vinyl today *.* The vinyl colours are lovely!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 17th November 2019, 11:29 AM
Post #307
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Yay Jay *.* I received mine yesterday!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th November 2019, 01:45 PM
Post #308
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

This hasn't been nominated for Album Of The Year at the Grammys sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 20th November 2019, 01:47 PM
Post #309
Group icon
Jord

Im really surprised at the album of the year nominations.

I thought both this and ASIB soundtrack would’ve easily been nominated.

At least she did manage some nominations though wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th November 2019, 01:58 PM
Post #310
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Shoe got Pop Vocal album, up against Ari, Beyonce, Billie and Ed Sheeran. YNTCD also got Pop Solo Performance.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 20th November 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #311
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Yeah I'm gutted this was snubbed but was expecting it, esp after the leak yesterday

at least she cracked the General field this year tho after missing completely for Rep. and lover being the only SOTY nominee to be written by just one person 😍

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 20th November 2019, 02:12 PM
Post #312
Group icon
Jord

Pop Vocal album seems wide open. Beyoncé’s is the least big but she always does well at those kind of things so I wouldn’t rule her out entirely. But Billie I think could get it.

I’d like to see Taylor get another award though this album deserves it!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 26th November 2019, 12:34 PM
Post #313
Group icon
Jord

Official Charts have confirmed Taylor is the musical guest for the final of Strictly!

I’m presuming she’ll be performing Lover but this is a really good time to get a big promo slot and it’s probably one that will translate into the charts too. I can see a big boost for the album that week anyways!

+Quote this post
Monzo
post 28th November 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #314
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349

I don't like that Taylor is not using her momentan anymore. Right now after winning against Scooter Brown would be the perfect time to release "The Man" as next single.

Why didn't she release "Cruel Summer" last summer?

Why didn't she release a follow-up to "Dedicate" after it was a surprise US hit? She didn't go on hiatus, she still performed at last year's American Music Awards, so why did she decide against another Reputation single?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 5th December 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #315
Group icon
Jord

Lover and her Xmas single need to peak before she releases The Man.

Push The Man around late feb / early March Time and it’ll easily go top 40.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 5th December 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #316
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

Just hope we don’t have another mismanaged era. 1989 went so perfectly then Rep was such a mess

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 19th December 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #317
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Is this doing better than Reputation? It feels like it is, but I haven't been tracking them both comparatively to know for sure.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 27th December 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #318
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Rumours are the man is the next single as its been added as track 1 on Apple Music A: List Pop and she's the cover of the playlist artwork!!

I really hope they push this in the next couple weeks properly with good playlisting + a killer video and I feel it could low-key smash 😍

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th December 2019, 03:56 AM
Post #319
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Hyped for the possibility of The Man as a single *.*

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th December 2019, 09:23 AM
Post #320
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

The Man (with a video dragging Scooter and Scott plz x) followed by Cruel Summer at the end of April, leading into Lover Fest tour over summer would be amaze! wub.gif

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:04 AM