BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Recycled lyrics...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Sep 12 2017, 12:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This has never really bothered me but some criticisms of Nicki do discuss how she can be a bit uncreative with her lyrics and I think the video above does showcase how she uses some lines A LOT, the most famous being "these bitches are my sons" or some variant on that phrase. She does like to stick in Myx Moscato at any opportunity available but get that promo I guess laugh.gif

Does it irk you that some of these phrases pop up repeatedly in her songs or is it testament to her talent how she quite often switches up the meaning or punchline despite using the same line?

Also, I'm not sure if many of you are aware but the verse from "Whip It" is pretty much recycled word for word from an old unreleased track of hers.
You can hear it at about 2:25 in this video below...

Is it bad that she just reused an old verse just because the song ended up not being released?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 12 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
This doesn't really bother me at all. "Bitches is my sons" is pretty much HER thing now and at least she switches up the context/meaning of the line quite often so it's not just like recycling a line for the sake of it.

In terms of the "Whip It" verse, it's a bangin' verse so why let it be wasted on an unreleased track laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Sep 12 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #3
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Did you reply to your own comment? tongue.gif

Bitches is my sons is like her tagline but it's getting a bit old hat if she puts it into everything.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 17 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(StillJupiter @ Sep 12 2017, 01:42 PM) *
Did you reply to your own comment? tongue.gif

Bitches is my sons is like her tagline but it's getting a bit old hat if she puts it into everything.

Oops, it does seem that way heehee.gif It was my intention to make the opening post more neutral and then my comment to be my personal opinion but I flopped at that with my opening line laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:12 AM