BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Best ever X Factor auditions?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Sep 2 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
As we approach this year's round of auditions, let's look back at previous years - who are the best auditions for you?

The ones that immediately stick out to me are Cher Lloyd and Louisa Johnson. The former was such a shock for me, as she was so different to anything we had ever seen on XF and burst onto the stage with such confident and sass, and killed an all round performance when normally in the auditions you just see them stand there and sing a ballad laugh.gif Louisa was just instant winner from the first note really, by the end of that audition I knew she was the winner and I don't think I can say that about any other contestant. Of course we had obvious winners like Joe, Ben and Matt Cardle but they started strong and emerged as obvious winners by about live shows (even though Ben was shite x), Louisa I just thought nah nobody can beat her laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Sep 2 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Ablisa

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 2 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Diana Vickers, Ben Haenow and of course, Fallen Angelz x

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Sep 2 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Mums on the Run and the funeral singers. A nod to chicken factory guy and Dawn the jockey.

In terms of good auditions, Cher, as you say, and Danyl Johnson probably. Also Diana Vickers auditioned well.

Louisa Johnson, ech. Talk about being set up from the off to force a win.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Sep 2 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Ella Henderson is probably my absolute favourite wub.gif instant love and Missed remains a stunning song.

QUOTE(StillJupiter @ Sep 2 2017, 06:16 PM) *
Louisa Johnson, ech. Talk about being set up from the off to force a win.

She did a good audition, that doesn't mean it was any kind of fix from the start! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Sep 2 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Sep 2 2017, 06:16 PM) *
Ella Henderson is probably my absolute favourite wub.gif instant love and Missed remains a stunning song.
She did a good audition, that doesn't mean it was any kind of fix from the start! tongue.gif

I'm sure.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 2 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
She only stormed that series because she was pretty much the only one good enough laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 2 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
OMG how dare a talented singer give a strong audition and go on to win a competition!!! It MUST be a fix.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Sep 2 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Honey G's last year.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 2 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Sep 2 2017, 06:16 PM) *

I completely forget Ella was on X-Factor for some reason! It's such a good full circle for Missed to be featured on her debut album too.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 2 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Missed was stunning, her audition is defintiely up there! She's one of the only original song auditions I really liked, I feel that too much of the time they're about dead relatives and the sob story is really milked, I know Missed is about her grandad but she didn't seem to milk it so much and just sang it.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 2 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
All this talk of Ella, she needs to come back soon. I loved her first album.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Sep 3 2017, 01:37 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
QUOTE(T Boy @ Sep 2 2017, 03:01 PM) *
Ablisa

Omg yes *_*

I loved Alexandra Burke's second audition, gave me goosebumps head to toe. As did Leona's!

Cher Lloyd was great and very different to what I expected. Was a breath of fresh air.

Jahmene Douglas killed "At Last" as well. His riffs, runs and range in his audition *_*

There's been some really great auditions over the years.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 3 2017, 01:49 AM
Post #14
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I mean its not as vocally impressive as some but I love this audition for how energised it was.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Sep 3 2017, 05:53 AM
Post #15
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 3 2017, 02:49 AM) *

I mean its not as vocally impressive as some but I love this audition for how energised it was.

I have literally not watched this in about a year or two, I need to watch all his performances again. I do remember the first time I saw him though being firstly 'YAY! GO WITHAM!' (Cause I live literally 20 minutes away from there) and secondly thinking 'He's gonna do well'. 8 years later I was proved very right on that front. Everything he projects on this audition is still true of him now as a person and as a performer.

I think for me, for a lot of those same reasons, JLS' audition stands out in my mind as a great one. From the off you could tell they had great chemistry, they knew what they wanted to be and where they wanted to go to achieve that. And I loved their song choice as well. I'm still annoyed TBH that by the time they came to split - and in the time since - the show has practically airbrushed out their success they had. The success they and Alexandra had put it on the map before 1D were even a thing.

In terms of more jokey auditions...it has to be 'Ant & Seb'. It's just so funny and especially when Cheryl loses it midway through when they start going 'Come on move your body' biggrin.gif

Oh and also Holly Jervis and Ariel Burdett. Scarily funny (for different reasons)

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Sep 3 2017, 05:57 AM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 3 2017, 07:32 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
That Ethan guy who Derren Brown fancied did a great first audition tbh

But Cher Lloyd HAS to be their most famous one

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 3 2017, 09:59 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 2 2017, 07:16 PM) *
Missed was stunning, her audition is defintiely up there! She's one of the only original song auditions I really liked, I feel that too much of the time they're about dead relatives and the sob story is really milked, I know Missed is about her grandad but she didn't seem to milk it so much and just sang it.

She only revealed it was about her Grandad to Tulisa backstage afterwards iirc so wasn't exaggerated to the judges in the slightest to get sympathy/votes, not that she needed them!

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Sep 3 2017, 06:53 AM) *
I have literally not watched this in about a year or two, I need to watch all his performances again. I do remember the first time I saw him though being firstly 'YAY! GO WITHAM!' (Cause I live literally 20 minutes away from there) and secondly thinking 'He's gonna do well'. 8 years later I was proved very right on that front. Everything he projects on this audition is still true of him now as a person and as a performer.

I think for me, for a lot of those same reasons, JLS' audition stands out in my mind as a great one. From the off you could tell they had great chemistry, they knew what they wanted to be and where they wanted to go to achieve that. And I loved their song choice as well. I'm still annoyed TBH that by the time they came to split - and in the time since - the show has practically airbrushed out their success they had. The success they and Alexandra had put it on the map before 1D were even a thing.

In terms of more jokey auditions...it has to be 'Ant & Seb'. It's just so funny and especially when Cheryl loses it midway through when they start going 'Come on move your body' biggrin.gif

Oh and also Holly Jervis and Ariel Burdett. Scarily funny (for different reasons)

Some of those are hilarious! Swearing Rachel was certainly a lowkey favourite laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 3 2017, 01:53 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Saenerys @ Sep 3 2017, 10:59 AM) *
She only revealed it was about her Grandad to Tulisa backstage afterwards iirc so wasn't exaggerated to the judges in the slightest to get sympathy/votes, not that she needed them!

Yep that's how it should be imo! Not to detract from awful things people have gone through and I get that these experiences can shape you but it's not Surprise Surprise. If you're doing a song, let it speak for itself instead of the whole act being built on a sob story.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:33 AM