BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Forum/Moderator Recognition: September 2015, A fond farewell to Jester
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Qween
post 6th October 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Some of the more eagle eyed among you may already have noticed change on the horizon. Some of you who are too concerned with rigging BJSC and/or listening to shit music on the other hand may not have noticed this change. Anywho, the forum recognition this month goes to someone who hasn't merely been excellent this month, or this year, or even this decade, but rather has been a near ever present force for the duration of Buzzjack, helping to shape and grow the community we all love into what it is today.

It is with a great deal of regret that we have to announce that Jester (Matt) has decided to resign as a Global Mod. Matt has been a part of the management team for many years, as both an Admin and as a Global Mod. He has also been an invaluable member of the chart team, including overseeing this keystone of Buzzjack as a GM since February of last year (Killers reference there!).

Matt’s major passion on Buzzjack has always been the charts. Unfortunately, the move of the Chart Show to Friday has made life harder for many chart enthusiasts, including Matt. Therefore, all complaints about losing such an important member of the team should be addressed to the British music industry and the OCC. I'm sure they will treat your complaint with all the care, attention and diligence to which we have become accustomed for their every deed. Oh.

As a member of the Management Team, Matt has always been more than willing to help newcomers to the team. His wise words and advice will be missed. He imparted his vast knowledge without patronising or judgement. Management will truly be a different place without him.

Many thanks for all your work Matt, and we hope to see you continuing to contribute to Buzzjack as a mere PLEB for the foreseeable future. If we had a Hall of Fame, your name would be near the top of the list. We do at least have the Buzzjack Community Award and so it seems only fitting that we bestow upon a THIRD (!!) one. It's even golden, so we really are milking the retirement thing DRY. Nothing is too good for you.

Also, I felt it was only fitting to ask some of your CO-WORKERS to say a few words too, so here goes (Suedey helped write the above, so that was his contribution in case you thought he didn't care):

JosephStyles
Ever since I joined Buzzjack, I've been reading and getting involved with the chart show thread, it was a regular fixture of my Sunday afternoons for 3 years until the move to Friday of course, and your hard work in that time, Matt, was most certainly not unnoticed by myself. I can particularly appreciate it now that I've taken over your job there! It's a lot of fun and rewarding but equally it's quite thankless a lot of the time, so to run that for so long is amazing and I hope I can do the job justice. In general, I've always found you to be approachable and friendly, especially when I've asked you for the posters' chart info when covering for Jack heehee.gif It's such a shame that you've decided to move on from being a GM but I really hope to see you around the forum more. Thanks for the incredibly warm welcome to the chart forum mod team also, you helped me feel right at home from the get-go. I guess there's only really one way I can end this....... SHOO! kink.gif

Rooney
Thank you for everything you have done for this site Matt. On a BuzzJack, and a personal level your valued input will be sorely missed. I really hope that you stepping down does not push you away from the site, because you are one of it's pillars. It's been a blast, and I hope being a normal member for the first ever time on BuzzJack will treat you well!

Iz
I would just like to add my huge thanks to Matt for all your years of service and dedication to being part of the management team on Buzzjack. A fixture of the site’s responsible figures since I’ve joined, you’ve been a pleasure to work with and great value for discussion within and without the management forums. Buzzjack won’t be the same without you behind the scenes, but I hope you do stick around as much as you can for the future. It wouldn't do to completely disappear and I'd miss PRoJ's variety

Johnkm (me)
It truly feels like the end of an era. I remember how nervous I was when I became a GM and you were there to help me through those early, slightly difficult steps and I have always respected you greatly for that. You've been here as long as I've been part of the place, and much longer (sorry to make you sound old, but you totally are) so it really will be a huge gap for someone to try and fill. Your influence outside of management will also be missed, especially in BJSC where PRoJ could always (ok, mostly) be relied on for some hot alternative flopping action. I know you don't intend to leave us completely, but please do stick around and keep us all on our toes.

Gezza
Sad to see you go, more buzzjack than even lady buzzjack herself. Keep in touch and keep posting, your clear love of the charts and the chart forum was always appreciated and as a GM you could always be relied upon to be fair and even handed. A true gent.

Bra
Jester has been one of the site's most consistent assets since long before the time I joined (when we initially got off on the wrong foot thanks to my being a complete waste of sperm back in 2009), especially recently as he has been effective in shooing JosephStyles from the chart forum whenever he posts his highly questionable opinions. It's a great shame to see him hanging up the global moderation hat - I predict it can only be minutes before the chart forum is entirely overrun by wrong opinions were he ever to leave us completely - but ultimately he's done us a great service and it's only right he claim his ex-mod benefits such as having an edit line. We can only hope Johnkm is next to go.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will end by revisiting my 2014 rate Sketch for R Matt, which still holds true to this day:

http://sketchtoy.com/62550409

Jester's global mod run: not too shabby.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 6th October 2015, 10:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

sad.gif matt u BETTER not be leaving full time ho

ty for everything u've contributed, shame as ur one of my faves!!!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 6th October 2015, 10:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Matt you're always an absolute pleasure, a truly lovely guy who has put so much into this place. A huge shame you're stepping down, please do stick around! Thank you for all that you've brought to the site.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 6th October 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I summed up all my feelings in the paragraph there but this is a very fitting send off for someone who's contributed so much to Buzzjack, thanks for everything Matt!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 6th October 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

It's a great shame you are resigning Matt but as everyone else says, hopefully you can stick around! Fantastic that you've got that much deserved community award too. Thank you for all your work!

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 6th October 2015, 11:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Aww sad to say goodbye Matt sad.gif one of the first members I interacted with when I first signed up. Always willing to answer my questions via PM and always came across as a friendly guy biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 8th October 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Oh my GOD, I didn't even notice this! This goes beyond end of an era, given you've basically been an active fixture here for the entire nine and a half years - is it literally just Mikey who's the only other original regular left now? (possibly Aly as well but he's kind of drifted, and Jake and Rooney who've had phases in and out)

This is like IAIN LEAVING EASTENDERS

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 8th October 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Oct 8 2015, 11:10 PM) *
Oh my GOD, I didn't even notice this! This goes beyond end of an era, given you've basically been an active fixture here for the entire nine and a half years - is it literally just Mikey who's the only other original regular left now? (possibly Aly as well but he's kind of drifted, and Jake and Rooney who've had phases in and out)

This is like IAIN LEAVING EASTENDERS

Mr Aly still regularly posts frequently in the chart forum at least, now you mention it I've not seen Jake on for days unsure.gif but you are right about Rooney too!

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 8th October 2015, 10:36 PM
Post #9
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

I was more referring to over the nine year period rather than the last week or two...

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 8th October 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I'm blind, I didn't actually see this topic was posted two days ago. Although the outages won't have helped. But yeah, it's been great working with you in Management and like I said above, I'm sorry to see you go.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 9th October 2015, 12:10 AM
Post #11
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Gosh, 'end of an era' feels too soft a term for this! Thanks for all your hard work and well, everything Matt, please do stick around even if as you're always a pleasure and one of the first people I interacted with on here in those old Sunday Chart Show threads </3

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 9th October 2015, 12:18 AM
Post #12
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Sad to See Jester go, Good Luck Jester sad.gif smile.gif

+Quote this post
*Ben*
post 9th October 2015, 04:46 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Chart Chat Slave
User: 275

Oh Matt sad.gif

I miss our Sunday's chart shows and conversations on Skype sad.gif

+Quote this post
Slick
post 9th October 2015, 05:50 PM
Post #14
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70

I don't want to be cynical or owt, but is this for good? Or will Matt be back in management (where he BELONGS) in a few days? Because there is previous for that and Matt is an indecisive bugger (I'm sure he'll agree.)

If this really is the end, I think Buzzjack is all the worse for it. I know this is just 'teh internetz', but trivialise it as much as you like, this site means an awful lot to an awful lot of people and Matt really has been its backbone for the last 9 years. I was an internet colleague beside him for many years and he puts so much into it behind the scenes, even more than is seen by the majority, and it won't have been easy to step down.

LONG LIVE MATT.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 9th October 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Really sad to see Jester go.

You definitely did a fantastic job and brought much dedication to everything.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 9th October 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I'm going to miss Matts presence in the staff forums so much. Let's not mince words here, this is a massive loss to the site.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 9th October 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
User: 12

Awww, I have literally only just seen this ohmy.gif

Thanks for the lovely words and the thread, totally not expecting anything like this!

Slickaroo, it's for good this time (well never say never (again)) - BJ needs someone younger and more with it both music and chart wise. I have no idea what half you are on about sometimes so its time to enjoy a Dandy* and Slick style of ex-management posting.

I'm not leaving (I just couldn't!), but I am giving BJSC a miss for a while, so no PRoJ flopping until next year!

In summary, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING BUZZJACK. wub.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 9th October 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #18
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Congratulations to Silas in advance.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 9th October 2015, 10:03 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I've only been here for six months but even though you suspended me for 2 weeks for no reason earlier this year I think you did a fantastic job and you were really understanding when I notified you about a grievance that I had concerning another member.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th October 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #20
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Your presence as a mod will be missed so much Jester, your work and effort and kindness you put in to this site is absolutely amazing heart.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:20 PM