BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscars 2007: Who should've won?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Pick your winner
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
Josh!
post 27th March 2016, 09:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I'll keep all of the rounds open until we do a tie-breaker round at the end to do the final 10 so feel free to still vote in the others with the links below!

Link to Oscars 2008 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2009 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2010 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2011 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2012 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2013 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2014 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2015 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2016 voting thread

THIS IS THE FINAL ROUND SO PLEASE VOTE IN ANY OTHER ROUNDS ABOVE IF YOU'D LIKE BEFORE WE GO TO THE TIE-BREAKER ROUND.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 27th March 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:

Babel (wasn't expecting to like this much at all but all four stories were so enthralling and I love how they all linked into each other, wasn't bored for one moment. Little Miss Sunshine is cute too and I thought the Queen had some good parts although I was a little bored at times)
Alejandro González Iñárritu – Babel (I liked the way he made all stories link into one another, it's not hard to juggle that many plots but I thought he did it really well.)
Leonardo DiCaprio – Blood Diamond (This is the only nominee I've seen but I do also own the Last King of Scotland and will get around to watching it soon)
Judi Dench – Notes on a Scandal (I thought Helen Mirren had a great transformation and at times I felt like I was watching a documentary because she was so good but I love the way Judi Dench played this sly and manipulative character even more, NOAS is a fantastic film and I love seeing her ulterior motives play out. Meryl was also fantastic but the other two were better imo and I've already picked her about three times so far laugh.gif)
Djimon Hounsou – Blood Diamond (Only seen this and Alan Arkin but wasn't really that impressed with the latter at all really, not bad but he was barely even in it?)
Cate Blanchett – Notes on a Scandal (This was by far the toughest category for me but I chose Cate because she was great at playing the timid character in the first half and was equally impressive in the second half where he character completely changes, I was floored when she started beating up Judi Dench's character. I also would've picked the two actresses from Babel in most other years too, they really were fantastic for such unknown names, I love the pure emotion that Adriana brought to her role and Rinko was so fragile in her portrayal which I loved too. Abigail Breslin was so cute too so yay for her being here. I've actually not seen Dreamgirls so I can't say Jennifer didn't deserve it but she must have been good to beat out these other nominees.)

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 27th March 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Notes on a Scandal is my favourite film of all time so Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench of course deserved to win. Blood Diamond was also excellent and Leo was really good.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 27th March 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Little Miss Sunshine
Alejandro González Iñárritu
Kate Winslet – Little Children
Ryan Gosling – Half Nelson
Alan Arkin – Little Miss Sunshine
Jennifer Hudson – Dreamgirls

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 28th March 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

The Queen (was torn between that and Little Miss Sunshine)
Stephen Frears- The Queen
Di Caprio- Blood Diamons
Helen Mirren- The Queen (so stuck between Helen, Meryl and Kate; all three were superb!)
Eddie Murphy- Dreamgirls
Jennifer Hudson- Dreamgirls (anyone not voting for Jennifer has either not seen dreamgirls or is crazy!! I'd go as far as saying it's the best performance of the last 10 years. Absolutely magnificent in every way and so so powerful wub.gif)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 29th March 2016, 03:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:

Going to close this tonightttttw as my internet is running low so get ya last minute votes in for any previous rounds!

This post has been edited by jsilv: 29th March 2016, 03:15 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:42 AM