BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Paramore Singles Club
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Soy Adrián
post Oct 11 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
Paramore have announced they are releasing three new singles before Christmas:

Renegade (out now)
Hello Cold World (7th Nov)
In The Mourning (5th Dec)

Being released through the band's website rather than via iTunes or other online outlets, you still have to pay for them unfortunately tongue.gif The band is also aiming to start recording their fourth album by the end of the year with a view to releasing it in early 2012. By the sounds of it none of the these three nor "Monster" will be on it, although "Decode" was a bonus track on "Brand New Eyes" while "I Caught Myself" (also from the Twilight soundtrack) wasn't, so it's anyone's guess really!

Can't find the studio version on Youtube so here's a live version of "Renegade"... I shall post my thoughts after a few more listens.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aidan
post Oct 11 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 6,246
'Renegade' is pretty amazing! It's not as instant as 'Monster' for me though.

I think it sounds a bit like some of the songs from the All We Know Is Falling era. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Oct 19 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
After listening to this a fair few times I have to say I'm beginning to rather like "Renegade"... the fact that both it and "Monster" don't sound unlike anything off "All We Know Is Falling" makes me think that the main consequence of the band's tensions post-"Riot!" was that the Farro brothers were given more of a creative licence for "brand new eyes" and now with them gone the band is unlikely to record anything quite like that album again. A shame in one way given I loved the production (I've said before that it's its only real advantage over "Riot!", which sounds rather tinny in comparison) and in that respect "Renegade" feels like a bit of a backward step. It's nothing that the band haven't done before but I'd imagine that creative boundaries will be pushed more by the next two singles. For now, "Renegade" is a fun stopgap and the breakdown after the second chorus is AWESOME.

+Quote this post
ChopStick
post Oct 20 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mystic Referee
User: 33
QUOTE(C H A R L I E ? @ Oct 19 2011, 06:06 PM) *
After listening to this a fair few times I have to say I'm beginning to rather like "Renegade"... the fact that both it and "Monster" don't sound unlike anything off "All We Know Is Falling" makes me think that the main consequence of the band's tensions post-"Riot!" was that the Farro brothers were given more of a creative licence for "brand new eyes" and now with them gone the band is unlikely to record anything quite like that album again. A shame in one way given I loved the production (I've said before that it's its only real advantage over "Riot!", which sounds rather tinny in comparison) and in that respect "Renegade" feels like a bit of a backward step. It's nothing that the band haven't done before but I'd imagine that creative boundaries will be pushed more by the next two singles. For now, "Renegade" is a fun stopgap and the breakdown after the second chorus is AWESOME.

I think you're completly wrong there, while renegade does sound a bit of a blast from their past (a good thing) Monster didn't and was a bit mehhh. For all we know is falling and probably Riot Josh would of had complete freedom to write what ever he wanted seeing as they had nothing to prove and were writing music they liked, if anything they were probably pressured into writing more commercial stuff for brand new eyes which is most likely why they left. If were them i'd of felt pretty disillusioned if i was in a rock group and my singer was now doing songs with rappers and my songs (that were already popular within the genre) were suddenly getting played on all the pop stations. In my opinion bar misguided ghosts and maybe all i wanted brand new eyes was a creative step back!

This post has been edited by ChopStick: Oct 20 2011, 11:01 PM

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Oct 21 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
QUOTE(ChopStick @ Oct 20 2011, 11:59 PM) *
I think you're completly wrong there, while renegade does sound a bit of a blast from their past (a good thing) Monster didn't and was a bit mehhh. For all we know is falling and probably Riot Josh would of had complete freedom to write what ever he wanted seeing as they had nothing to prove and were writing music they liked, if anything they were probably pressured into writing more commercial stuff for brand new eyes which is most likely why they left. If were them i'd of felt pretty disillusioned if i was in a rock group and my singer was now doing songs with rappers and my songs (that were already popular within the genre) were suddenly getting played on all the pop stations. In my opinion bar misguided ghosts and maybe all i wanted brand new eyes was a creative step back!

I see your point, for me "Monster" sounded effectively like "Decode" with bits of All We Know Is Falling thrown in. I don't really buy the idea that the group was pressured into writing more commercial stuff for brand new eyes, for me Riot! was the more commercial album and while BNE was richer in terms of sounds it just didn't have the tunes to match. I go by the assumption that if two principle members leave a band and their material changes, it's a direct consequence of the change in personnel. As Paramore seem to be going more back to their earlier stuff, I assumed that the Farro brothers had less of a role in the writing of that album that they did over what followed.

I really hope Paramore don't go the same way as Evanescence in being just interchangeable with their female singer to most people. They do seem to be on the cusp of another proper breakthrough, and it seems like they or Biffy are the only bands out there now (other than the obvious stadium acts) who could really turn around the commercial fortunes of the genre in the near future.

+Quote this post
ChopStick
post Oct 22 2011, 03:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Mystic Referee
User: 33
QUOTE(C H A R L I E ? @ Oct 21 2011, 02:43 PM) *
I see your point, for me "Monster" sounded effectively like "Decode" with bits of All We Know Is Falling thrown in. I don't really buy the idea that the group was pressured into writing more commercial stuff for brand new eyes, for me Riot! was the more commercial album and while BNE was richer in terms of sounds it just didn't have the tunes to match. I go by the assumption that if two principle members leave a band and their material changes, it's a direct consequence of the change in personnel. As Paramore seem to be going more back to their earlier stuff, I assumed that the Farro brothers had less of a role in the writing of that album that they did over what followed.

I really hope Paramore don't go the same way as Evanescence in being just interchangeable with their female singer to most people. They do seem to be on the cusp of another proper breakthrough, and it seems like they or Biffy are the only bands out there now (other than the obvious stadium acts) who could really turn around the commercial fortunes of the genre in the near future.

I agree, Riot was quite a commercial album but while BNE doesn't have the tunes to match it has quite alot of bland poppy hooks and lacks the depth and more complexity some of the songs on the older albums have, theres a bunch of songs on the last album i cant even remember how they go, ones like turn it off, playing god, feeling sorry etc cos they all sound the same pretty much to me!

I think they will always retain some of their original sound due to Taylor York who has been around with the band since the beggining, i don't know how much uncreditted input he had on the first album but he wrote some tracks like oh star which is imo one of their best songs and doesn't sound out of place with the songs Josh wrote. I think right now its importent for them to get an official drummer and guitarist cos going around as a 3 piece is making them seem even less a credible band atm and more like Hayley and the back up..

+Quote this post
Aidan
post Nov 7 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
'Hello Cold World' has just been released. I've had it on repeat since I got it. biggrin.gif It's a really good song. I don't know if I was expecting this though, after 'Renegade' which sounded a lot like the All We Know Is Falling era.

+Quote this post
Rich
post Nov 7 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 267
Prefer 'Renegade' to 'Hello Cold World'. Only listened once to the latter though

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Nov 8 2011, 07:41 AM
Post #9
Group icon
On first listen "Hello Cold World" is a bit underwhelming. From the title I was expecting a big, atmospheric mid-tempo ("Decode"-esque maybe) but it just seems a bit... throwaway.

+Quote this post
amelie
post Nov 8 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 15,263
PARAMORE released the new single : Hello Cold World !!

American rock band, Paramore debuted a brand new song called 'Hello Cold World', as the second single from their Singles Club series. The track was produced by Rob Cavallo, and is lifted from studio sessions of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" soundtrack.

Paramore showcased the first single "Renegade" last month, during a live concert and later Hayley released a brief demo of "Hello Cold World" also. The frontwoman said back then, "I didn't want to post the full thing yet because I don't want people thinking it's a new Paramore song. This is just something I wrote for fun."

It's a very happy tune, kind of old school which also gives you an optimistic perspective of your life situation as it is: "It's such a cold, cold world / Hello cold world / And it's got me down / But I'll get right back up as long as it spins around."

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Nov 8 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon
QUOTE(amelie @ Nov 8 2011, 11:11 AM) *
PARAMORE released the new single : Hello Cold World !!
American rock band, Paramore debuted a brand new song called 'Hello Cold World', as the second single from their Singles Club series. The track was produced by Rob Cavallo, and is lifted from studio sessions of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" soundtrack.

Paramore showcased the first single "Renegade" last month, during a live concert and later Hayley released a brief demo of "Hello Cold World" also. The frontwoman said back then, "I didn't want to post the full thing yet because I don't want people thinking it's a new Paramore song. This is just something I wrote for fun."

It's a very happy tune, kind of old school which also gives you an optimistic perspective of your life situation as it is: "It's such a cold, cold world / Hello cold world / And it's got me down / But I'll get right back up as long as it spins around."

Yeah, we've kind of covered that. But thanks laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Nov 10 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #12
Group icon
HCW is growing, slowly. I think I'm going to like it less than "Renegade" because with that song I wasn't sure what to expect so I was far more receptive to something slightly more throwaway whereas I expected "Hello Cold World" to be more "crushcrushcrush" or "When It Rains"-esque, a bit darker.

+Quote this post
omricohen1
post Nov 11 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #13
Group icon
New Entry
User: 15,300
hot stuff!!!

+Quote this post
Paramore
post Nov 27 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,464
Paramore are the only group I have complete faith in. There is only one song of theirs in their entire back catalogue I haven't liked. 'The Only Exception' was mediocre and unlike Paramore.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Nov 27 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #15
Group icon
QUOTE(Paramore @ Nov 27 2011, 02:44 PM) *
Paramore are the only group I have complete faith in. There is only one song of theirs in their entire back catalogue I haven't liked. 'The Only Exception' was mediocre and unlike Paramore.

I think we might get on rather well then biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Dec 5 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon
"In The Mourning" released today. Think "The Only Exception" but, you know, good.

+Quote this post
Aidan
post Dec 5 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's a really beautiful song, quite country sounding for Paramore!

+Quote this post
Paramore
post Dec 5 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,464
I'm just about to download it. Hoping for more of a 'Misguided Ghosts' than 'The Only Exception'

Alrighty then. My first thought is that the melody itself is too soft for the heavy instruments which are giving it the country feel. I hope we get an official acoustic version. I love it though.

Of all three back to back, I like Renegade the most. I'm ready for a new album.

This post has been edited by Paramore: Dec 5 2011, 09:41 PM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Dec 5 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #19
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
None of the singles have really hit me in the way I'd hoped. sad.gif With "In The Mourning" I'm thinking "The Only Exception" but not as good.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Dec 5 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #20
Group icon
QUOTE(Jáhq @ Dec 5 2011, 09:59 PM) *
None of the singles have really hit me in the way I'd hoped. sad.gif With "In The Mourning" I'm thinking "The Only Exception" but not as good.

Meh, I far prefer it because the instrumentation has more urgency about it rather than in "The Only Exception" where the tempo just kills any excitement whatsoever.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:18 AM