BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Liam's big Snatch (Game rank)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 22nd April 2019, 10:57 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Apr 22 2019, 11:55 PM) *
i know that jasmine masters hates it

Omg does she !!!

Idk why I say that like I'm surprised tho when Jasmine would start beef with herself on a social media platform populated only by her laugh.gif

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Apr 22 2019, 11:55 PM) *
btw liam this is a fantastic idea for a topic and i'm loving the whole thing!

wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 22nd April 2019, 10:59 PM
Post #42
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

omg pearl was incredibly underrated. should've been a high placer!

absolutely loved tamar braxton. more by the fact she's even MORE like that in real life...

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 22nd April 2019, 11:01 PM
Post #43
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 22 2019, 11:57 PM) *
Omg does she !!!

Idk why I say that like I'm surprised tho when Jasmine would start beef with herself on a social media platform populated only by her laugh.gif

4:00!

and TS says that she hoped somebody would do ha on snatch game. FORESHADOWIIIING !!!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd April 2019, 11:45 AM
Post #44
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

25 Nina West: Harvey Fierstein & Jo-Ann Worley (Season 11, high)

Ok we all know this deserved to win the most recent Snatch Game, TWO brilliant characters as opposed to being herself but ok xx This challenge was made for Nina, and she had fun with both characters, brought them to life and as she always does,she brought such joy wub.gif I wish we could have seen more of Jo-Ann, as I got so much from that one question and she's already one of those characters I didn't know but now feel like I love.

24 Alexis Michelle: Liza Minelli (Season 9, win)

Theatre queen Alexis and Liza Minelli were a dream pairing, so there's no surprise that she nailed this and won Season 9's Snatch Game. The jazz hands, the pure love injected into this character, you can tell Alexis idolises Liza and had fun with this which always makes for a great Snatch Game.

23 Tatianna: Britney Spears (Season 2, win)

The first ever Snatch Game winner, and during the season you definitely wouldn't have bet on Tatianna to win! And she might not have quite been as good as Pandora's Carol Channing but this was a triumph and a bit of a breakthrough for Tatianna. She nailed the ditzy naive Britneyisms, I always love Snatch Games where the queen surprises and breaks out, this was the original.

22 Manila Luzon: Barbra Streisand (All Stars 4, win)

Much like her Imelda Marcos, this was another mad impression but even better than the last! Barbra is one of those characters I always wanted to see on Snatch Game, and this crazily OTT exaggeration of her was utter hilarity. It was controversial among the Jewish community and obviously we can't dictate to them what they may or may not feel, but it seemed to me the nose was simply an exaggeration of Barbra's most iconic feature.

21 Aja: Crystal LaBeija (All Stars 3, high)

If i had to choose a single most underrated Snatch Game performance in history, it'd be this. It might not have been edited to stand out that much, but when you look at Crystal and look at this, this was absolutely spot on, all the mannerisms, the cadence, small little details and tics, Aja totally nailed this and this showed exactly how much she stepped it up between S9 and AS3, and this is every reason why she was robbbed.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 23rd April 2019, 12:31 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I really found Alexis' Liza so overrated, but maybe that was because of how much I hated her laugh.gif

I barely even remember Aja's All Star Snatch ohmy.gif

Tatiana's Britney is an all time fave of mine, so iconic."I got lost" laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd April 2019, 10:14 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

20 Kennedy Davenport: Little Richard (Season 7, win)

The only ever Snatch Game joint win went to this and Ginger Minj's Adele, and it's easy to forget how groundbreaking this was! Kennedy dared to play a male character for Snatch Game, on a show where just a couple of seasons earlier Milan got read for filth for boy drag, and the season before, Milk was ripped to shreds for her workroom Ru look. But Kennedy silenced all that with a damn good Little Richard, personally not my absolute favourite but I can't slate anything, Season 7 was a pretty good Snatch Game actually!!

19 Sharon Needles: Michelle Visage (Season 4, high)

This was one of the earliest huge risks in Snatch Game, portraying the Drag Race mainstay Michelle Visage when she would be on the judging panel, but Sharon went for it! She ripped the piss out of Michelle and Ru's relationship without being too offensive or weird, she kept up the anecdotes as if it was really Michelle on the judging panel making an offhand comment or remark laugh.gif

18 Thorgy Thor: Michael Jackson (Season 8, high)

Kennedy paved the way and Thorgy moonwalked in her wake *.* It would be easy to really rip the shit out of Michael Jackson, being one of the quirkiest and biggest male figures in history, but this was more such a fun impersonation that nailed small mannerisms and really brought the character to life, if it wasn't for Bob nailing two characters this would have been a worthy winner.

17 Sasha Velour: Marlene Dietrich (Season 9, high)

As great as Alexis was, this should have won Season 9. Marlene is one of those iconic stars who's a bit lost to time and many viewers today won't know, but Sasha did one of those Snatch Game performances that left everyone feeling like they did know and love Marlene. It might have been done a good few times, but the lesbianism jibes played into this really well, it was a nuanced and different kind of performance that only Sasha could have pulled off.

16 Ginger Minj: Adele (Season 7, win)

The second of Season 7's historic double win, Ginger went for one of the biggest icons in current music in Adele, and this certainly fared much better than other attempts at current pop girls (just ask Detox, Phi Phi, Sonique, Morgan, Asia, Tyra or Kenya)! Adele is a big personality which helps, Ginger really hammed her up due to the connations of her accent being that she's a bit thick, and that was pretty hilarious. "I love you Justin Bieber" to Katya's Suze Orman always makes me proper belly laugh and comes out of nowhere laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 23rd April 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #47
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

“Where in England are you from, Adele?”
“MY HOUSE”

rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd April 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

15 Alaska: Lady Bunny (Season 5, high)

Much like Sharon's Michelle, this could be seen as a risk impersonating a close friend of Ru's who she will know inside out, and Ru has said that Lady Bunny is the funniest person she's ever met, so no pressure. But Alaska nailed it, "well I just wrote anus" rotf.gif It was one of those performances where I felt I'd have cackled at pretty much anything she said, we're getting into brilliant territory now *.*

14 Bob The Drag Queen: Uzo Aduba/Carol Channing (Season 8, win)

I wasn't the hugest Bob fan, but you can't deny her nailing two wildly different characters was incredible back in Season 8. Crazy Eyes from OITNB was ripe for the picking to lampoon, and Bob had evrything about her nailed. I'd have been more than happy with just her in that Snatch Game, but the eccentricity of Carol Channing was perfect for Bob to bring another side to Snatch Game, and it was *almost* as good as Pandora's. Between the two, Bob more than earned the Snatch Game win and quite frankly the Season 8 crown .

13 BenDeLaCreme: Paul Lynde (All Stars 3, win)

Along with Alaska, DeLa is the only queen to be in this top 20 twice, and while this isn't quite as high as her Maggie Smith this is yet another masterclass in Snatch Game. I doubt a lot of people watching knew Paul Lynde, but DeLa brought the character to life from a place of love, and having watched some Paul Lynde since I saw little nuances and mannerisms that DeLa nailed, and that's always great to see in a Snatch Game. She was hilarious with every answer, had the character down and enjoyed herself, you can't ask for more than that.

12 Pandora Boxx: Carol Channing (Season 2, high)

The true season 2 Snatch Game winner, whilst it was great to see Tati surprise and get her win, this was the original Snatch Game robbery years before poor Nina West. I could honestly just watch her "RASPBERRIES" on loop for like an hour, makes me die every time, but the entire character was so well realised and in the first Snatch Game, this and Tati's Britney really solidified what Snatch Game should be about.

11 Eureka O'Hara: Honey Boo Boo (Season 10, high)

I know she's hated, so this might be controversial and if not for the best Drag Race Thailand impersonation to date, this would be top 10, but nobody can tell me this bitch didn't have Honey Boo Boo DOWN. This was simultaneously a weirdly random pick yet so perfect for Snatch Game, especially someone as loud as Eureka. It was just hysterical, from the "artwork" to the hyper personality to the belly gags, it might have all been obvious and very Eureka, but I just found it brilliant and a worthy challenger to Aquaria's seminal Melania Trump.

---------

So we're left with a top 10 of, in alphabetical order:

Adore Delano as Anna Nicole Smith
Aquaria as Melania Trump
Alaska as Mae West
BenDeLaCreme as Maggie Smith
Bianca Del Rio as Judge Judy
Chad Michaels as Cher
Jinkx Monsoon as Little Edie
Katya as Bjork
Natalia Pliacam as Sumanee Guna-Kasem

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 24th April 2019, 02:10 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Eureka was just being Eureka, she made me sick with the food stuff too 😨 one of the worst wins!

Pandora and Alaska's are the best out of those.

A really solid top 10 left, I think my fave is Alaska as Mae West. Makes me cry everytime, Katya as Bjork is close - the best snatch game top 2 ever.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th April 2019, 06:44 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

10 Natalia Pliacam: Sumanee Guna-Kasem (Drag Race Thailand Season 1, win)

This was head and shoulders above anything in DRT's two seasons of Snatch Game, it says it all that I can put this up there with the likes of Alaska, Katya and BenDeLaCreme. That was lot of hubub about this rich queen "buying" her win last season, but this if nothing else proves she more than deserved it. I had no idea who Sumanee was, not a word of English in the whole performance (I watched subtitled obv) but I barely stopped howling throughout the whole thing! I remember watching clips of Sumanee and being struck that it was so spot on.

She is a perfect Snatch Game character, think Jocelyn Wildenstein in looks and Donatella Versace in personality (speaking of, we really need a decent Versace on Snatch Game, but I digress), and Natalia absolutely nailed it all. She cut quite close to the bone with a joke about a fellow character (country singer Jintara Poonlarp) being "the help" as she's from a poor part of the country, which got some classist accusations, but it fit the character and I always love when queens use other characters to bounce off of. This was just brilliant in every way, not a thing missed and basically carried a whole Snatch Game. It was one of those classic great performances where you're left feeling like you know and love the character just off of a minute or so of an impersonation on a TV show.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th April 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

09 Adore Delano: Anna Nicole Smith (Season 6, high)

This is very nearly the best performance to never win, only beaten by a certain other Season 6 queen... This could easily have been a bit mean but she definitely got away with this. This is one of those where it wasn't her playing herself, but the character was one that fit Adore's personality without leaning on herself. This was a real high of possibly the absolute best Snatch Games, so many quotable moments, her spelling vodka wrong, the vocal affect, all of it was just hilarious.

Even without all that, this showed Adore could really shine as a charismatic performer you're drawn to, holding her own against huge characters like DeLa and Bianca who performance and comedy came naturally to. It was the icing on the top that she nailed her character and took every chance she got to make us laugh. On virtually any other regular season, this could have been a win, but this is still iconic.

"Well I haven't tried it much, but I like it by itself, so I just put vodcuh" rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 24th April 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #52
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

The fact that three of the top 10 are from season 6 only proves that that season had the strongest Snatch Game by far.

Adore/Dela/Bianca/Joslyn held things down, with Darienne close by despite not getting ANY attention/questions. The latter is probably the only queen who got away with Ru not remembering she was on the panel to feed questions. Milk and Courtney were meh. Gia falls into the category of "so bad it's good": it's such a basic Kim K but for some reason that's how I'd envision her being on something like Match Game? Very dry and not being bothered. It's the same thing with Laganja. Trinity fails from the cardinal sin of not writing anything down when Ru calls for an answer. Like at least try to play it off.

+Quote this post
post 24th April 2019, 10:30 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Yeah for me, Eureka was just herself too.

I didn’t think Jasmine hated the Nina Snatch? In fact I watched her live on IG the day after and she said it was “cute”. Maybe she’s done some revisionism since.

Agree Pearl is the greatest “safe” Snatch game ever. I find Sasha stumbled on her lines a bit too much in hers.

Enjoying this a lot Liam!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 24th April 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #54
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

omg it's the "like my body, want some money" part of adores snatch game that gets me so much, I legit just have her saying that stuck in my mind and i remember it at such random times and it still kills me

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 24th April 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I forget how good Adore's is, S6 Snatch Game and AS2 are probably the strongest overall!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th April 2019, 09:14 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

08 Aquaria: Melania Trump (Season 10, win)

Possibly the biggest Snatch Game shock of all time, whilst we know now that Aquaria has quite a fun personality and is more rounded than she seemed at first, I'm sure at the time not many of us expected the looks queen of Season 10 to smash Snatch Game as much as she did! Melania Trump was a perfect character for a breakout performance, there was so much to pack into the small period of time the queens get for Snatch Game but she managed it without it feeling suffocated, try hard or rushed.

I could almost do a countdown of moments from this Snatch Game turn alone - "it's alright Barack no worries" and the visual gags of giving Ru a gift that said help me plus the Michelle Obama placecard especially rotf.gif Whilst I loved Eureka's Honey Boo Boo, this totally decimated this Snatch Game and it was pretty much this that sealed Aquaria's win this season and showed she could be the Next Drag Superstar, not just a pretty face.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th April 2019, 09:15 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

S6's is definitely the strongest game in terms of the overall/general quality but I think AS2 edges it just because Katya's Bjork and Alaska's Mae West are both SO SO good.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 25th April 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #58
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Aquaria's Snatch Game was definitely one of the best ever. Every single response was a home run <3

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 26th April 2019, 12:54 AM
Post #59
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Also I love the Russian hooker urine answer and the "any hole is a goal" and "no wonder my husband is always complaining about china all the time".

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 26th April 2019, 02:15 AM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

The “no wonder my husband is complaining about China” is the perfect snatch game response. Bouncing off what others are doing whilst keeping it linked to the character and funny

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:43 AM