BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Poland · Eurovision Song Contest 2017, Kasia Moś - Flashlight
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 14th February 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
The Kempe song is out:

All three of the songs I've heard from this selection so far have been very good, let's hope the jury that is back for this year will prevent the televoters selecting something silly again!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 15th February 2017, 12:48 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Apparently "Sky Over Europe" is potentially the favourite as it will appeal to the "Color of Your Life" fanbase, and yes a song called "Sky Over Europe" is as dated and cheesy as the title sounds. Hopefully the fact there's a jury will make sure they go for something modern, I'm hoping Lanberry has a chance seeing as her song has been all over Polish radio for months or Kasia as she seems to have a fanbase amongst younger fans. Older music fans will certainly go for "Sky Over Europe" unfortunately though, and judging by last year, there is quite a lot of them that watch TVP and Polish national finals.

That aside, this has turned into a pretty strong national final again with several popular Polish acts. Definitely continuing Poland's turnaround since 2014, let's just hope they get a modern song that represents it.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 17th February 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
TOMORROW'S NATIONAL FINAL...
POLAND

Krajowe Eliminacje

18th February 2017
Begins at 7.30pm in the UK or 8.30pm Central European Time and in Poland.
Programme is scheduled to last 1 hour 50 minutes.

Watch the selection via the official TVP website.

Running Order
01 | Martin Fitch - Fight For Us
02 | Lanberry - Only Human
03 | Isabell Otrębus - Voiceless
04 | Paulla - Chcę tam z Tobą być
05 | Olaf Bressa - You Look Good
06 | Kasia Moś - Flashlight
07 | Aneta Sablik - Ulalala
08 | Rafał Brzozowski - Sky Over Europe
09 | Carmell - Faces
10 | Agata Nizińska - Reason

Voting
The voting will consist of 50% jury voting and 50% televoting. Only one vote may be cast by each phone number.

The Favourites
According to Polish betting site sts.pl, Lanberry is considered the favourite on odds of 6/4 (2.50) with her Polish radio hit. Close behind is Isabell Otrebus with odds of 5/2 (3.50). Also in contention are Kasia Moś and Rafał Brzozowski on odds of 4/1 (5.00) and 5/1 (6.00) respectively. Nevertheless, with the running order being recently revealed, this seems to favour Rafał with the two favourites being placed at the beginning of the show. In addition, Rafał arguably has the biggest fanbase of all ten acts.

And while you are waiting, check out this article about Poland's Eurovision history and how their selection formats have changed!!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 17th February 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I've got a bit attached to Voiceless (turns out it was one of the songs paired with Lisa Ajax for MF 2017 but she chose I Don't Give A instead) which is very silly of me now that she's been drawn 3rd and Rafal is on 8th!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 18th February 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Feb 15 2017, 01:48 AM) *
Apparently "Sky Over Europe" is potentially the favourite as it will appeal to the "Color of Your Life" fanbase, and yes a song called "Sky Over Europe" is as dated and cheesy as the title sounds. Hopefully the fact there's a jury will make sure they go for something modern, I'm hoping Lanberry has a chance seeing as her song has been all over Polish radio for months or Kasia as she seems to have a fanbase amongst younger fans. Older music fans will certainly go for "Sky Over Europe" unfortunately though, and judging by last year, there is quite a lot of them that watch TVP and Polish national finals.

That aside, this has turned into a pretty strong national final again with several popular Polish acts. Definitely continuing Poland's turnaround since 2014, let's just hope they get a modern song that represents it.

laugh.gif That cheese HAS to win!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th February 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Omfg IMAGINE Lisa Ajax on Voiceless *.* Why on earth did she turn that down for I Don't Give A, as good as the latter is. I'd be happy with that or Only Human, which means Sky Over Europe will win drama.gif

On a few listens I think Voiceless is the best thing I've heard from Eurovision this year, THAT CHORUS *.*

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 18th February 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Kasia wins with Rafal in 2nd place! Voiceless was my favourite song followed by Only Human with Flashlight third but I have to say that Kasia's live performance was by far the best and it is deserved.

LoveWave coming for a 2nd attempt at the Eurovision crown biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 18th February 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #28
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
FABULOUS

+Quote this post
p a v
post 18th February 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #29
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Anything over that Rafal dated trash.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 18th February 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
Really strong live vocal, but I'm not totally sold on the song yet. Although like others have said, it's not Rafal so yaassss.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th February 2017, 04:41 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Flashlight was my 3rd choice so I'm not upset with that! It will be a brilliant performance in Kyiv which is the main thing (aside from the fact that it means f***ITY BYE to Rafal).

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:09 AM