BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Are Little Mix a local act now?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post Jun 8 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jun 7 2020, 06:50 PM) *
They were barely a local group either

laugh.gif Meeeeean!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jun 8 2020, 12:58 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I don't think Little Mix have anything to prove anymore tbh. They have sold more than enough records in the UK to be one of the (in fact in the UK THE) biggest selling girl bands out there. The likes of Sugababes, Girls Aloud, The Saturdays actually had much longer careers partly because they didn't keep chasing international success (although I believe Sugas had a few hits across Europe) but focused on home ground and as a result didn't burn out and have the trauma of it all afterwards. Little Mix have had some decent success outside of the UK, good on them if they just focus on the UK from now, either way they've done phenomenal.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jun 15 2020, 10:01 PM
Post #23
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I think the new label just doesn't make an effort to promote. Syco weren't great but at least Simon could shove them on his US shows.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post Jun 16 2020, 07:04 AM
Post #24
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475
In the labels defence, it’s a bit late to now start to push them in other countries after pretty much 10 years of being around.

I do think with the right song and feature they might get minor hits in Australia etc...

And the label will probably capitalise and hopefully get a performance or interviews there etc...

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post Jun 16 2020, 07:37 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jun 8 2020, 12:58 PM) *
The likes of Sugababes, Girls Aloud, The Saturdays actually had much longer careers partly because they didn't keep chasing international success (although I believe Sugas had a few hits across Europe) but focused on home ground and as a result didn't burn out and have the trauma of it all afterwards.

Yes, I would argue that Sugababes were much bigger around mainland Europe compared to Little Mix; About You Now, Round Round, Push The Button, Hole In The Head and Too Lost In You were all big hits and they were quite known as a group as well outside of their main fanbase, whereas Little Mix aren't that known as a group but more for a few hits. However, I still think LM have done incredibly well outside of the UK, especially since they are basically the first UK girlgroup since Sugababes to have any success in mainland Europe and one of the very few X Factor acts.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 16 2020, 07:54 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I kind of thought they always were. unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Jul 15 2020, 07:06 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885
Are they now? Possibly. I think a non-lockdown single/campaign will answer that. (Bounce Back doesn't count as it was horrible lmao don't try me x)

Have they always been? No. The US is not the whole world. Get Weird & Glory Days (and even LM5 for a bit) proved to be a very strong success in other countries, especially the tours. An artist would not sell out tours if they were local and not known outside of their home country. Besides Spice Girls, as it's really unfair to compare anyone's success to theirs lmao, Little Mix blew every other contemporary UK girl group out the water when it came to selling outside of the UK. Sugababes probably second as they did have a few European hits, but Little Mix managed to keep longevity there and slowly racked up their certifications and sales.

But they have nothing else to prove. Yeah they're in a decline which is not unheard of for a girl group, but for them to go this long and still be together, still be making very good music (Despite what your bias says) is astounding. Girls Groups will never reach the level of solo pop girls, so comparing them to Dua or other UK girls is ridiculous, but they're at the very apex of Girl Groups, like it or not.

+Quote this post
springdaylm
post Jul 23 2020, 11:52 AM
Post #28
Group icon
New Entry
User: 110,161
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Jun 7 2020, 04:45 PM) *
America obviously hasn't worked out for them and I can't see them bothering going back there now that they're almost nine years into their career and it never happened with their imperial phase, but have they lost their support in other countries? I remember a few singles being quite big in Australia but it's been a while since they had a hit there and I just read in another thread they had to cancel one of the tour dates for low ticket sales. Looking at their discography on Wikipedia I don't think anything since Woman Like Me even charted outside the UK.

It would be a shame if they just became a UK exclusive act (it was really exciting seeing them perform at the EMA's for example) but at the same time they've worked hard enough and maybe they're at a point where they'll want an easier schedule now?

Let's get the facts straight, if you have been inside the fandom since the beginning, you know - if you haven't, you won't even try to understand their story as a group.

The last time the girls had promo, or at least, 30% of what promo is for other artists (naming an Ariana, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, J Balvin, and the whole industry lmao), was back in 2017. Actually that was the LAST time they stepped foot in the US, their labels didn't give them the chance to tour there nor having a proper WORLDWIDE tour not even in the glory days era. You do not have idea how many times we BEGGED their labels to promote them.

Are they local? Well right now, maybe they are, again if their labels do not give them ANY opportunity outside the UK, what can y'all expect?
A dumb fact is that every giveaway or opportunity like facetime calls or their brand deals are... guess what OPEN FOR UK ONLY.

They kept pushing the UK only thing for everything, they do not have promo outside that area and when I say promo I do not only refer to radio play or performances or attending shows, I'm also including the fact that their new releases are not even included in big playlists (like the Today Top Hits on Spotify).

It's been years now, yes it's a shame that this is the situation, because they have far more talent and chemistry than any other girl group ever (maybe Destiny's Child could compare) - but without any promo, we cannot expect them to reach high peaks.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:42 AM