BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favourite Girls Aloud era?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Favourite Girls Aloud era?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
AdamAloud
post Sep 30 2016, 02:57 PM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

So it's 10 years this autumn since the first greatest hits era, how time flies! So which of all of Girls Aloud's eras do you think was their absolute best? Base it on the songs, their performances, their look, anything you like!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 30 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #2
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

For me (and many others I imagine) it has to be 'Tangled Up'. Everything about that era was bang on in terms of sound and look.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Sep 30 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #3
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

I was a kid for most of their initial run lol so I was never quite as invested as I was during the Ten era - it was half arsed in so many aspects but ultimately it was the most hyped I'd ever been for brand new music from them, and it delivered my personal favourite songs of theirs, Something New wub.gif Tangled Up was a rather great time to be a fan though, with them finally achieving some more long-running hits!

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Sep 30 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #4
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'd probably say WWTNS was the most enjoyable for me to follow, Chemistry was amazing but the whole single selection was a mess and my favourite songs from Tangled Up weren't released as singles. sad.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 30 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #5
Hello?
Group: Members
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

So close between Tangled Up and Out Of Control, there were really in an incredible imperial phase at that point. I plumped for Out Of Control purely because I loved the single choices more and how dominant they were at the time...

+Quote Post
Hayzayy
post Oct 3 2016, 09:44 AM
Post #6
Who's Daniel btw ?
Member No.: 1,804
   No Gallery Pics

I said Tangled Up because best album and best tour.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Oct 4 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Tangled Up, followed by Sound of The Underground.

+Quote Post
post Oct 4 2016, 03:17 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Even though it wasn't be favourite album from them (probably 3rd or 4th). The Out Of Control era was by far the most fun time to be a fan. They smashed in every corner, and finally got the sales and credit they should have been getting for years. That year they started to become called "national treasures" by the press. The public REALLY were there for them. Number 1 single, huge #1 album, Brit award, Brits performance, a dedicated prime time ITV show...It was amazing. So sad they quickly went on hiatus after that because they really could have cemented themselves as a British favourite. Sadly, their huge popularity was soon forgotten.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 4 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(Joe. @ Oct 4 2016, 04:17 PM) *
Even though it wasn't be favourite album from them (probably 3rd or 4th). The Out Of Control era was by far the most fun time to be a fan. They smashed in every corner, and finally got the sales and credit they should have been getting for years. That year they started to become called "national treasures" by the press. The public REALLY were there for them. Number 1 single, huge #1 album, Brit award, Brits performance, a dedicated prime time ITV show...It was amazing. So sad they quickly went on hiatus after that because they really could have cemented themselves as a British favourite. Sadly, their huge popularity was soon forgotten.

In a way, it's great how they went out with a bang because I always think it is best being left wanting more than wishing one would just call it a day, but they could have followed up Out of Control with something really fantastic. Imagine, following Cheryl's huge first album and Nation's Sweetheart title, a comeback in 2010 - when pop music was at the top of its game with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna etc. They could have been massive.

(I was sure I posted in this thread, I definitely at least started writing something... anyway, it basically said how Out of Control was the first era I properly followed and how huge they were at this point for all the reasons Joe has stated).

+Quote Post
Seinfeld
post Oct 4 2016, 09:03 PM
Post #10
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
Member No.: 10,505
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Oct 4 2016, 05:56 PM) *
In a way, it's great how they went out with a bang because I always think it is best being left wanting more than wishing one would just call it a day, but they could have followed up Out of Control with something really fantastic. Imagine, following Cheryl's huge first album and Nation's Sweetheart title, a comeback in 2010 - when pop music was at the top of its game with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna etc. They could have been massive.

Agreed. GA should have returned in 2010 or 2011 with a brand new album. The general public had lost interest by 2012. They didn't really care about the 10 year anniversary or another greatest hits. sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Oct 4 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #11
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

Out of Control was my favourite era. I became a massive fan during the Tangled Up era but Out of Control was such a flawless album, the singles continued to be big hits (not quite as much as 'Call the Shots' and 'Can't Speak French', but still), the album was HUGE and they were literally everywhere.

+Quote Post
Seinfeld
post Oct 4 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #12
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
Member No.: 10,505
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Juranamo @ Oct 4 2016, 10:04 PM) *
Out of Control was my favourite era. I became a massive fan during the Tangled Up era but Out of Control was such a flawless album, the singles continued to be big hits (not quite as much as 'Call the Shots' and 'Can't Speak French', but still), the album was HUGE and they were literally everywhere.

That's the first time I've seen "Out Of Control" and "flawless" used in the same sentence laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Oct 5 2016, 11:37 AM
Post #13
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I genuinely love every track on there. The lowest point for me ('We Wanna Party') is even a 9/10 in my book. I love 'Fix Me Up' and 'Live in the Country', though a lot of people don't seem to "get" them! Honestly one of (if not) my favourite albums of all time. ❤️ The album feels cohesive yet diverse at the same time, the perfect mix to my ears!

+Quote Post
inyourroom
post Oct 5 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 21,272
   No Gallery Pics

I chose Out Of Control, not only because today's birthday girl finally got a noticable amount of lines to sing on the album, but it's also their most consistent effort in my opinion, and the tour was pretty good, too. I'm usually quite critical to my favourite acts (so you can imagine my opinion of bands I don't even like in the first place...), but even I couldn't find any major flaws in that era smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:42 PM