BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Track of the Week: Anaconda
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 8th September 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Hi there and welcome to the Nicki forum Track of the Week feature where the mods will be looking back and discussing their favourite Minaj tracks from the past on a weekly basis wub.gif

Kicking us off is probably a bit of an odd choice but it's a Nicki track that I find is often overlooked for me. The Lonely Island blew up around the turn of the decade with viral hits such as "Dick In a Box" and "I Just Had Sex" but this was (probably rather predictably because it's a Nicki feature) my favourite of the lot. It is silly from start to finish but I've always found it really catchy and I adore the video too. This is one of my favourite Nicki guest rap verses of all-time and I remember being obsessed with it when it was first released and learning all the words. Definitely check it out if you're not familiar with it!! heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 8th September 2017, 11:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Love a bit of Lonely Island wub.gif laugh.gif totally bizarre group.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 17th September 2017, 01:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
This week's "Track Of The Week" is....Grand Piano from Nicki's album, The Pinkprint:

Without a doubt this is potentially one of, if not, my favourite Nicki Minaj track, especially on from The Pinkprint. It might seem an obscure choice for a favourite song given Nicki has hundreds of songs with features and what not, but there is something quite raw about this track which we rarely get to see from her. Additionally everything associates Nicki with the "barbie girl" image and creating party tracks and forget that she is just as capable of tracks like this. The sentiment of the song is something I think is something that resonates with me instantly and makes it all the better to listen to. I'm outraged Josh didn't even this in his top 60 Nicki Minaj tracks, but for me this is something I want more on the next album. Nicki's vocals in the live performance I've posted are just so flawless and effortless, even if I do love the album version just as much heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 17th September 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
Grand Piano really is gorgeous, I've always loved the strings in the instrumental especially and she does sound great singing on it but I just do prefer her party tracks at the end of the day ohmy.gif drama.gif

Great choice Sean, more people need to listen to this if they haven't already wub.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 17th September 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Omg Grand Piano is beautiful wub.gif

Also I love The Creep too laugh.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 17th September 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Josh! @ Sep 17 2017, 03:20 PM) *
Grand Piano really is gorgeous, I've always loved the strings in the instrumental especially and she does sound great singing on it but I just do prefer her party tracks at the end of the day ohmy.gif drama.gif

Great choice Sean, more people need to listen to this if they haven't already wub.gif

Yes the strings are sublime and highlight how different it is from everything else she has done!

Currently me promoting Grand Piano xo

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 17 2017, 03:22 PM) *
Omg Grand Piano is beautiful wub.gif

Also I love The Creep too laugh.gif

Yes Harry, knew you had taste! wub.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 19th September 2017, 10:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
I think she sounds great on it, but I find it pretty dull as a song 😬
Probably actually one of my least favourites of hers! It's good to hear a different side of her though definitely.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th September 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
The new track of the week is...

It wasn't included in the rate so we haven't had much of a chance to discuss this yet since the Nicki Minaj forum came to fruition. I remember waking up in the morning and seeing this and just losing my mind that these two had collaborated on a song. It did NOT disappoint and we got a just as good second collaboration a few months later in "Feeling Myself" for The Pinkprint. These two are probably my favourite collaboration duo in recent years alongside Calvin Harris & Florence + the Machine who are another dream team *-*

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 3rd October 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
Listened to the two Nicki & Bey tracks again today and I can never decide which is my favourite of the two. I think Flawless may JUST edge because I slightly prefer the Bey parts on it. They both KILL it on both songs though, I'm praying we get more collaborations from them in the future wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 3rd October 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #10
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
I absolutely love hem both too, two of my favourite Nicki songs. Prefer ‘***Flawless’ though, that’s probably my favourite ever Beyoncé song and the remix is FIRE. flawless city with these flawless titties 😏

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 5th October 2017, 01:00 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I do hope they team up again wub.gif definitely prefer Nicki's parts to Bey's tho!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 22nd October 2017, 07:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:
The new track of the week is...

Itty Bitty Piggy is probably one of Nicki's most famous pre-fame tracks and a bit of a fan favourite even now. I've always found the clapping in the instrumental great at drumming up excitement in me and verses are pretty bangin' in this. It's definitely a bit less polished than what was to come but it shows the makings of an absolute STAR and remains one of her best early tracks in my opinion wub.gif

Best line: "I'm Nicki Minaj, Nicki Lewinsky, Nicki the Ninja, Nicki the Boss, Nicki the Harajuku Barbie."

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 13th November 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #13
Group icon
c:
Track of the Week: "Anaconda"

Completely BONKERS but Nicki at her absolute best to be honest. I remember listening on the day it leaked thinking it was a complete mess and would never be the hit she needed at the time. It massively grew on me pretty rapidly and I couldn't stop spamming it after a couple of days. Then that iconic video arrived and the rest is history. I do hope this goes down as one of her classics that will still be remembered in years to come. Over 700 million views on YouTube isn't bad at all...

Let us know your thoughts!! heart.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 14th November 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #14
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
What a tune, bonkers Nicki and a great music video. I can't believe this still has haters! And talk about moving Nicki away from the 'music for little girls' image that she bizarrely picked up for a few years with the whole Sophia Grace/Ellen Degeneres thing.

Bonus: people now hearing Sir Mix-A-Lot asking who that guy is doing a weird Nicki Minaj cover....bless

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 03:15 PM