BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Little Mix announce hiatus
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Slayer
post 3rd December 2021, 01:46 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I think the girls will get a few hits individually, i'm excited for what is to come. I don't think they'll be as successful as 'Little Mix' but I think they'll do well smile.gif

I definitely believe they'll be back one day.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 3rd December 2021, 02:01 PM
Post #42
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

sounds like jade doesn't really want the break judging by the interview on Graham Norton tonight

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 3rd December 2021, 02:24 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

QUOTE(Ho-Lee Smokes @ Dec 3 2021, 02:01 PM) *
sounds like jade doesn't really want the break judging by the interview on Graham Norton tonight

I was thinking the same when I saw the tweets.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 3rd December 2021, 02:26 PM
Post #44
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

QUOTE(Tafty³³³ @ Dec 2 2021, 08:01 PM) *
I, oddly, don't feel sad? I feel rather proud and more celebratory. 10+ years with as consistent success as they have had is unprecedented for any artist - let alone a group (a girl group at that!).

What a legacy they have left. I'm so proud and glad to see that they have plans to continue releaaing at some point in the future.

So proud of them. wub.gif

I agree with everything you've said, and I also don't feel sad. Truly what a legacy these ladies have created and history they have made. It feels right them taking a break now and anyone clouding it with negativity needs to re-read their statement.

In fact this is probably the only time in my memory that I can remember a major league pop band announcing their intention to have some time apart like this and it not being so full of either drama or hurt.

What I'm trying to say is (albeit not very well) is that it is an example of the grace and maturity and strength they have demonstrated especially in this last year with everything that it has thrown at them.

I really hope they enjoy their time following their own paths now, they really deserve it. 2011 - Always for sure.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: 3rd December 2021, 02:26 PM

+Quote this post
BREAKTHETENSION
post 3rd December 2021, 03:34 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 5,648

Wasn’t there a story that Perrie tried/wanted to leave in 2019? So I am guessing it’s Perrie that has pushed for the hiatus. I am sad we wont get a proper LM3 album and it felt like the girls were on such a roll in 2021, it’s also sad they are ending on Between Us, as that doesn’t feel like them ending on a high, it’s all felt so rushed and basic.

I know a few people are saying, they’ll be huge when they come back, but that is doubtful, streaming support is already on the down turn and they’ll most likely be shunted to Radio 2, so I doubt we will get the standard 4 single affair when the girls are back, it will be like any returning band, their first single back will do well, as will the album and tour, however it will mostly be nostalgia based, unless the industry changes again in the next few years.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 3rd December 2021, 03:47 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(34+35 @ Dec 3 2021, 04:34 PM) *
Wasn’t there a story that Perrie tried/wanted to leave in 2019? So I am guessing it’s Perrie that has pushed for the hiatus. I am sad we wont get a proper LM3 album and it felt like the girls were on such a roll in 2021, it’s also sad they are ending on Between Us, as that doesn’t feel like them ending on a high, it’s all felt so rushed and basic.

I know a few people are saying, they’ll be huge when they come back, but that is doubtful, streaming support is already on the down turn and they’ll most likely be shunted to Radio 2, so I doubt we will get the standard 4 single affair when the girls are back, it will be like any returning band, their first single back will do well, as will the album and tour, however it will mostly be nostalgia based, unless the industry changes again in the next few years.

Silly since the whole "Perrie is leaving" has been pushed since the Shout Out To My Ex era. She's blonde, pretty and white, so everyone has her pegged for a solo career. She's clearly committed to the group since she could've left way earlier to do her thing if that had been an issue.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 3rd December 2021, 05:10 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885

Also funnily enough from what we know Perrie has the least going on, so I doubt it was one member pushing for it. a break at this point is expected.

I was sad when they announced it but it was totally expected, I can’t wait to have solo projects from 3 insanely talented women and then for them to come back with a huge era in 2 or 3 years.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 3rd December 2021, 06:19 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(365 @ Dec 3 2021, 10:19 AM) *
I'm sure they will, but as a group, they're massively lucrative in a way that I doubt will be hard to top elsewhere, so I'm sure they'll want that arena touring money again after not too long.

I've no doubt they will do another tour but we are talking 5+ years till it. If it was going to be 2 or 3 years there would be no point announcing a break many artists take that long between albums. They will have more kids, get married, have chill time, explore solo careers it isn't all happening in 2 years.

It will be a tour in 5+ years when some nostalgia has kicked in.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 3rd December 2021, 06:41 PM
Post #49
Group icon
🙄

i expected between us single to be top 1,500 on iTunes frankie.png

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 3rd December 2021, 07:06 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Perrie and Jade are always so vocal about how much they stan Little Mix and Leigh always says how much she loves the group, I think its just as simple as they want to try different things.

I think they want to make even more of a name for themselves and not just 'Jade from Little Mix' (even though that is how many people will still see them).

+Quote this post
post 3rd December 2021, 08:22 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 3 2021, 06:19 PM) *
I've no doubt they will do another tour but we are talking 5+ years till it. If it was going to be 2 or 3 years there would be no point announcing a break many artists take that long between albums. They will have more kids, get married, have chill time, explore solo careers it isn't all happening in 2 years.

It will be a tour in 5+ years when some nostalgia has kicked in.

Time wise - no one knows anything for certain and you may be right of course - but given Little Mix have not been 6 months without a single, 2/3 years will be more than enough for them for it to feel like a lengthy break. Cheryl did 3 album cycles between Girls Aloud's 3 year gap!

Regarding your point about announcing it - I'm not mentioning him because you're a fan but it genuinely was the first thing that came to my mind but Ed Sheeran has twice announced the end of his album cycles as a "break from music" despite it only being 1/2 years each time.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 3rd December 2021, 08:41 PM
Post #52
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475

On socials Perrie has seemed the least interested in promoting anything.

It seems to be all about Disora.

There’s a tiny part of me that thinks it could actually be a long wait until they do a tour, judging from the recent posts it does seem like the end for a while.

+Quote this post
Muzkik85
post 4th December 2021, 02:38 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 137,095

I reckon they'll be back in 2024.

They've got like 3 months of commitments to the band next year and the rest to do what rhey want. Leigh seems to have the most going on and Jade is the only one that actively promotes the band.

The others were pushing their own brands during the album release week. I reckon we will have an album each between November 22 and November 23 and then LM in 2024. I don't think it will be more than 3 years between albums.

+Quote this post
Muzkik85
post 4th December 2021, 02:40 AM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 137,095

I reckon they'll be back in 2024.

They've got like 3 months of commitments to the band next year and the rest to do what rhey want. Leigh seems to have the most going on and Jade is the only one that actively promotes the band.

The others were pushing their own brands during the album release week. I reckon we will have an album each between November 22 and November 23 and then LM in 2024. I don't think it will be more than 3 years between albums.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 4th December 2021, 06:39 PM
Post #55
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

My belief is that Perrie and Jesy wanted the break for a while, Perrie caved and Jesy didn't. Some of their interviews 2018/19 suggest that being known as 'Little Mix' in their late 20s and being seen as pop for a young audience was no longer something they were as invested in.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 4th December 2021, 06:55 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I genuinely see a 4-5 year break tbh as I think album cycles may be 18 months and it looks like Jade is the closest to starting hers Q3/Q4 2022!

Maybe Perrie in 2023 at some point? I'd looooove for solo Perrie music.

Leigh-Anne I can see focusing more on acting and she's got her hairdressing show coming next year too I believe?

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 6th December 2021, 11:57 AM
Post #57
Group icon
🙄

leigh anne coming for a #1 box office hit too *.*

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3