BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Great British Bake Off • Series 11, Channel 4; 22nd September
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Suedehead2
post Oct 14 2020, 05:41 AM
Post #81
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jack @ Oct 13 2020, 10:45 PM) *
Another minority bites the dust. Hermine next week to go I'm assuming?!

The great white straight British bake off show.

She had a terrible week. Your comments are no different from the Daily Mail’s claim that Nadiya’s win a few years ago was due to political correctness.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Oct 14 2020, 09:48 AM
Post #82
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah Jack's comments are strange considering she served raw cake and had 3 bad challenges. Its a shame though as she was a stand out until that point.

I like Mark, so was good to see him win star baker... although I don't know if this week it was wholly warranted this week. Linda seemed to get the most praise, so the fact she wasn't even said to be in contention seemed odd.

+Quote Post
Crypt of the Wom...
post Oct 14 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #83
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

The comment's particularly strange when you consider that GBBO is probably one of the most inclusive and fair reality shows out there in terms of participants involved and format, there's no public vote involved, it's purely about baking ability and if you bake an inedible showstopper, then yeah, you're gonna go, no matter what race you are. I mean yes it's a TV show so clearly Rowan stayed a bit longer than he should've cos he was entertaining, but they couldn't justify it for too long. Of all the shows to call racism at, this is a weird target.

Gutted for Sura, but no one else could've gone really after that showstopper sad.gif I'm still hoping Lotti can bounce back after that bad week, I'm quite liking both the Marks as well. Who'd have thought brownies would be the breaking point of everyone?!

+Quote Post
ɥɔʇᴉʍ
post Sunday, 12:05 PM
Post #84
I am the future. Define the future
Member No.: 4,397

This season is a disaster in terms of getting all the big personalities out early. And now we are left with a nice boring white cis cast. That being said, I expected Sura to go after such a terrible week. Oh well, let's hope Linda and Hermine don't go any time soon because otherwise the remaining episodes will be unwatchable really laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jlj
post Sunday, 12:27 PM
Post #85
Valentine ❤️
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Linda is so lovely bless her wub.gif

She’s someone I always root for!

Quite excited for pastry week as it’s one of the more testing weeks for them!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Sunday, 12:32 PM
Post #86
nabad
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,316

Yeah I'm really not getting the minority comments at all considering that episode was an absolute disaster for Sura. Rowan was a ticking timebomb too, so it was only a matter of how long they could feasibly keep him for without it seeming like a running joke.

I'm glad Lottie managed to survive because I do feel like there's loads of potential there. I can't see her winning at this point though sadly. Really rooting for Peter and Dave!

+Quote Post
ɥɔʇᴉʍ
post Sunday, 12:46 PM
Post #87

They've been grooming him to be the winner since the first gluten-free bake ("ohmahgerd how clever and original and amazing!!1"). I will be shocked if there's a different winner.

This post has been edited by ɥɔʇᴉʍ: Sunday, 12:49 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sunday, 09:50 PM
Post #88
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I have little to no desire to watch this with Sura gone sad.gif I totally get that she had to go given what happened, but she was one of the few who made good TV and whilst they're all nice people, I'm kind of bored by the thought of watching a lot of them for the next like 6 weeks or however long sad.gif

I sound so dramatic lmao and I know it's not Big Brother it's just a fun cute little baking show, but still.

+Quote Post
ɥɔʇᴉʍ
post Sunday, 09:56 PM
Post #89

I wonder, between 10 and 20, how many times will they mention Marc(k?)'s daughters, Dave's girlfriend and Peter's brother we already seem to know literally EVERYTHING about?

+Quote Post
On My Broomstick
post Tuesday, 08:17 PM
Post #90
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Veteran
Member No.: 2

Laura was spot on this week, and it was obvious that was Linda's last performance.

And I cracked up when Matt Lucas said "I won't go on Naked Attraction, my body is my own business" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jlj
post Tuesday, 09:35 PM
Post #91
Valentine ❤️
   No Gallery Pics

Aw Linda was such a joy to watch but much like Sura last week I kinda sussed that it was her final episode about half way through.

Very pleased for Laura though! She’s had some critique every episode but this really seemed to be like her thing what she’s comfortable making and it definitely played to her strengths. Bless her it was great to see her in her own lane though and her show stopper was beautifully decorated and her work all this episode all seemed spot on.

We’ve now had 5 different star bakers haven’t we. I don’t think anyone’s won twice yet. Hermine is getting stronger throughout too!

Japanese week next week could be anything and will probably be a real test for them a bit like the vegan week was a few seasons ago.

I don’t know if the standard of actual baking is as high as previous years or if the judges are just harsher this season (or if the challenges themselves are harder).

+Quote Post
LMLou
post Tuesday, 09:46 PM
Post #92
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 42,419
   No Gallery Pics

Can they stop sending the best people home for like 1 episode please

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Wednesday, 12:11 AM
Post #93
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Mark had a great (well, in comparison to others at least?) Signature and Technical, but his Showstopper undid all that and he was "in danger" of leaving?

I honestly think, unless it's a huge, inedible disaster, too much weight is put on the Showstopper. Also I actually think Hermine was kinda robbed of Star Baker this week. She seemed to be the most consistently strong performer through all 3 rounds this week. So I was gutted when it wasn't her sad.gif

The sooner we get rid of Dave, the better tbh. You can tell his stuff is just so... bland, but he comes off as quite arrogant and thinks he is better than the stuff he actually produces.

+Quote Post
PumpQween
post Wednesday, 09:27 AM
Post #94
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Member No.: 11,709

Poor Linda, she did deserve to go this week as she was pretty much rubbish throughout but I will miss her. Lottie needs to UP HER GAME big time, but I reckon she will stick around for at least a couple more weeks anyway.

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Wednesday, 09:31 AM
Post #95
You brought the sun to guide you through
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

Each week I'm happy when there's someone who's obviously worse than Lottie, I hope she stays for as long as possible and of the obvious contenders I'd definitely be rooting for Mark. A shame Linda was so poor this week but she was so far behind the rest - a complete disaster.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Wednesday, 09:51 AM
Post #96
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

Linda has always seemed lovely but was easily the worst this week Her eclairs were unrecognisable, her showstopper failed and her pasties were samosas. I'm sure she will be entertaining on Extra Slice.

Hermine finally had a decent week after having not really been anywhere near either star baker or elimination in previous weeks and Lottie definitely needs to up her game if she is to stay for much longer.

+Quote Post
fchd
post Wednesday, 08:54 PM
Post #97
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 6,639
   No Gallery Pics

I spluttered out loud last night when they were asked to make pasties, and Laura said she was keeping it traditional and making a cheese & onion pasty!

Surprised that not one of the bakers tried to make anything approaching a Cornish beef-and-potato pasty

+Quote Post
jlj
post Wednesday, 09:42 PM
Post #98
Valentine ❤️
   No Gallery Pics

Paul’s liking of Lottie is more obvious by the episode.

Like he blatantly fancies her.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2020 - 05:28 PM