BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
47 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna ● general discussion
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
SweetCandy
post 9th March 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,605

William Orbit talks about his work on 'W.E.'

Madonna has been touted for Oscar success with her debut feature film 'W.E.'.
The 52-year-old singer has directed the movie - a two-tier tale about Britain's King Edward VIII's relationship with American Wallis Simpson and a modern story regarding a woman called Wally Simpson - and while many are expecting it to fail, music producer William Orbit says people will be surprised by how good it is.
William - who has worked with Madonna on the soundtrack for the movie - said: 'I've done two pieces of score music for the film.'
'It's hard to describe but they're quite moody as they come at pivotal moment during the romance. I've watched the film several times and it's really good.'
'It's definitely Oscar-worthy and I'm not just saying that. I wouldn't comment on her past acting abilities so you know by me saying what I have that it's really a great film. I definitely think Madonna could be up for an Oscar for Best Director.'
William says Madonna - who will debut the film at the Venice Film Festival in September - is great working with people even though can be quite 'autocratic'.
He told Deanpiper.com: 'She has a very good eye and a great way with people. I'm not saying anything new by revealing she's autocratic but as long as people share the same vision then it works and this film really does.'

From contactmusic.com
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 9th March 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Britney praises Madonna

When you were starting out, whose career did you want to mold yours after?
Madonna. No question. She is an amazing entertainer. Besides Madonna, I also admire Sarah Jessica Parker’s career and her shoe collection.

Kissing Madonna was…
Cool.

from Out Magazine Interview

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 10th March 2011, 06:32 AM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Guy Ritchie and his girlfriend confirm they are having there first child which is due in september.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 10th March 2011, 09:08 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Madonna - one of Culture's Top 100 women in UK

The musical queen of reinvention, still in the spotlight in her 50s - on her own terms - on The Guardian's Top 100 women in art, film, music and fashion

Gym bunny, earth mother, lady of the manor, material girl and scourge of the Catholic church; if one of Madonna's reinventions doesn't inspire you, there are plenty more. But while her multiple faces might seem calculating one thing she has never tried to tinker with is her own strength.

No matter the decade or the fashion, she has always been frank about her toughness and ambition. People may sneer at her muscular arms, but they miss the point Madonna is about power. She is still one of the most famous women on the planet, despite nearly 30 years in a notoriously fickle business, and compared with her contemporaries Michael Jackson and Prince - has remained in the spotlight largely on her own terms.

She inspires not because she gives other women a helping hand, but because she breaks the boundaries of what's considered acceptable for women talking openly about her desires, refusing to pretend to be gentle, taking younger lovers, allowing her physical strength to be seen, still presenting herself as sexual at 52. The outrage, derision and "how dare she" comments that follow her every move are testament to the fact that the more she changes the more she stays the same.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 10th March 2011, 09:09 AM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

''Who knows what Madonna will come out with next''

"I get an avalanche of tweets everyday asking me when I'll next be getting back into the studio with Madonna but you'll have to ask her that,"
"She's always trying new things so who knows what she will come out with next."

"Ray Of Light," producer William Orbit, talking with Dean Piper about working with Madonna and the two pieces of score music her did for the "W.E" soundtrack.

From DeanPiper.com

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 12th March 2011, 05:11 AM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Madonna on 'Every Mother Counts' soundtrack

Madonna's "Promise to Try" is included in "Every Mother Counts", a companion CD to Christy Turlington Burns' documentary "No Woman No Cry" that also includes music from Rosanne Cash, the Dixie Chicks, Jennifer Lopez, Sinead O'Connor, Gwyneth Paltrow and others.

Starbucks will release the CD on April 12 and will donate $8 from the sale of each CD between April 12 and May 9 to CARE for its maternal health programs in coffee growing countries.

Here's the complete track listing from Billboard.com:

Martha Wainwright "Leave Behind"
Carla Bruni "Le Loup, La Biche et Le Chevalier (Une Chanson Douce)"
Gwyneth Paltrow "This Woman's Work"
Madonna "Promise to Try"
Patti Scialfa "Children's Song"
Toshi Reagon and Bernice Johnson Reagon "There and Back Again, Pt. 2"
Angelique Kidjo "Sweet Lullaby"
Ani DiFranco "Present/Infant" (remix)
Dixie Chicks "Lullaby"
Rosanne Cash "Motherless Children" (acoustic version)
Sheryl Crow "Lullaby for Wyatt"
Jennifer Lopez "One Step at a Time"
Karen Elson "The Last Laugh"
Sinead O'Connor "Petit Poulet"
Martha Wainwright "No Woman, No Cry"

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 15th March 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

A 29 year old polish stalker broke into Madonna's london apartment at 5:30am. It's a good job Madonna was in america at the time. The guy travelled all the way from Poland to meet her and believed they are an item. He's currently in police custody.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 15th March 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Wow, some people really can get so obsessed with their idols ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 20th March 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(SweetCandy @ Mar 15 2011, 12:39 PM) *
A 29 year old polish stalker broke into Madonna's london apartment at 5:30am. It's a good job Madonna was in america at the time. The guy travelled all the way from Poland to meet her and believed they are an item. He's currently in police custody.

The court case is on April 14th.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 22nd March 2011, 05:14 AM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Liz Smith on 'W.E.'

US columnist Liz Smith has written this small snippet of news about Madonna's new film in her latest column at www.wowowow.com/culture/liz-smith:

Madonna is just about done editing her film, 'W.E.' The star wrote and directed this tale of a modern young woman (Abbie Cornish) who is fascinated by the historic 'fairytale' romance of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Frustratingly, I cannot say too much about the film. But I do feel safe in saying that Madonna is going to surprise just about everybody with her finesse here. 'W.E.' is lush, compelling, romantic, funny and tragic. The pop icon is one hell of a director. But that’s no surprise to me

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 26th March 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Artist Kobi Levi from Israel is specialized in footwear design and development/making. Working as a freelance designer he collaborates with both Israeli and international companies in the past and present years and working on his men shoe line in Tel-Aviv, Israel. Designed industrial footwear in both Italy, China and Brazil.

Kobi has created a pair of shoes inspired by one of Madonna's most daring and popular looks, the 1990 Blond Ambition Ponytail.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 27th March 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Madonna with Lourdes and Steven Klein at the Kabbalah centre in New York Yesterday (Mar 26th)

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 28th March 2011, 04:21 AM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Eight workers at Madonna’s Malawi charity are suing the pop star for unfair dismissal and non-payment of their benefits, their lawyer said on Sunday.
The board of the charity, Raising Malawi, was sacked after abandoning plans to build a state of the art girls’ school just outside the capital Lilongwe due to mismanagement, the New York Times newspaper reported on Saturday.
Madonna, who has adopted two children from Malawi, lent $11 million to the organization and is now on the board.
The workers’ lawyer, Mzondi Chirambo, said Madonna had 14 days to respond to their concerns.
“Their employment was terminated by the trustees of Raising Malawi Academy for Girls ostensibly following the change of plan not to build the school as planned,” Chirambo said.
“My clients are also being forced to sign a discriminatory termination agreement before they are paid their benefits.”
Chirambo said one of the workers he represented was the chief executive of the school, some taught Jewish Kabbalah mysticism while the others were connected to the school project.
The papers were filed with the Industrial Court, which handles labor disputes.
Madonna’s U.S. representative was not immediately available for comment.
The New York Times said the plan to build the school had collapsed after $3.8 million was spent with little to show for it. Its executive director left in October amid criticism of his management style and cost overruns.
Reuters.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 28th March 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Isaac: Madonna wanted pecs appeal

Oscar Isaac has admitted stripping off for Madonna on the set of her new film was 'incredibly intimidating'.
The Sucker Punch actor filmed a passionate love scene for the Queen of Pop's latest movie project W.E, playing a Russian security guard who embarks on an affair with New York socialite Wally Winthrop (Abbie Cornish).
Oscar said of his superstar director: 'She was adamant that both men and women scream when I take my shirt off so I had to do a lot of training for that. I was passable by the end she said!'
He went on: 'That was something actually. Having to do a love scene with Abbie (Cornish) and then having Madonna yelling direction about how to make love better was definitely a surreal moment.'
The film, which Madonna also co-wrote, focuses on the affair between King Edward VIII (James D'Arcy) and American divorcee Wallis Simpson (Andrea Riseborough), plus the contemporary romance between Oscar and Abbie's characters. Oscar revealed gym fan Madonna was keen to ensure his physique looked the part.
'(It was) incredibly intimidating, she really inspected to make sure every muscle was in its place. But it was an amazing experience doing that film and I'm really excited to see it.'

From www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 31st March 2011, 04:26 AM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Nicki Minaj has said she wants to include all of the famous names she mentions in her track 'Girls Fall Like Dominoes' in the tracks official video. The song sees Nicki give a shout out to some of her favourite females including Madonna, Rihanna and M.I.A., Grace Jones and Beyonce and the star is confident of getting them on board for the video.

Source: Pop Dish

+Quote this post
YÜYI
post 31st March 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 11,081

QUOTE(SweetCandy @ Mar 31 2011, 05:26 AM) *
Nicki Minaj has said she wants to include all of the famous names she mentions in her track 'Girls Fall Like Dominoes' in the tracks official video. The song sees Nicki give a shout out to some of her favourite females including Madonna, Rihanna and M.I.A., Grace Jones and Beyonce and the star is confident of getting them on board for the video.

Source: Pop Dish

Madonna and nicki minaj never thought i would see that laugh.gif

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 1st April 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Oscar Isaac and Abbie Cornish have praised Madonna, who directed them in upcoming movie W.E.

Cornish plays New Yorker Wally Winthrop in the royal drama and her Sucker Punch co-star Issac plays Russian love interest Evgeni.

Asked what Madonna was like to work with, Isaac told DS: “She’s very funny – definitely determined and quite a visionary.

“I think she’s pretty incredible and has amazing taste. It was just pretty wild to be directed by this icon. I’m really excited I get to see it.”

Of collaborating with Madonna, Cornish added: “She was amazing to work with. It was interesting making that film with Oscar too, because in [Sucker Punch] he has such an ominous, dark, messed-up presence.

“Then to go and make a film where he was playing a love interest – he’s this Russian pianist who is very sensitive – that was a lot of fun. Madonna’s amazing.”

Digital Spy

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 3rd April 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

'I'll put Madonna to shame'

"I'm going to break the record for amounts of costume changes in one night. I'm going to put Madonna and Cher to shame because I'm going to be changing in the middle of presentations. I'm going to try to have a different outfit every 38 seconds!"

School Of Rock comic Jack Black, who is returning to host the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards ceremony for the third time in his career, joking with the AP about how he will outdo Madonna and Cher at this year's show.

From digitalspy.co.uk.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 4th April 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Madonna is back in London! Yesterday.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post 4th April 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #80
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Jo Whiley on Madonna

So what’s your personal highlight of the years at Radio 1?

She laughs. “Having Madonna co-presenting was pretty cool,”

“She was in the studio for an hour and a half just sitting right in front of me. She was all in purple – purple coat, purple knicker bockers and boots – and was necking a massive bottle of cold green tea.

“She gave me a lecture about how I should be drinking that instead of ­coffee!

“But she was so down to earth. We chatted about our daughters and ­taking our kids horse-riding. There was no awkwardness between records like there can be. I really liked her.”

The Mirror

+Quote this post

47 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 16th June 2024, 04:22 PM