BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> A Three Strikes Law
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
3 Strikes Law
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Long Dong Silver
post 7th July 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #81
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 7 2018, 02:43 PM) *
Well, one reason is that this forum is hardly a representative sample - if it were, then there would be as many Leavers posting here as Remainers. Also there would be as many Mail readers as Guardian ones.
What would be the point in saying it when I don't believe that anyone here would think me sincere?

However, if I will make you feel better : I condemn anyone on the violent political extremes, whether extreme Right wing or Left.

So you admit it was 50/50. Then what makes you so sure ignoring only the leave side would result in violence? What you are implicitly saying is that the right are more prone to violence.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 7th July 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #82
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jul 7 2018, 02:51 PM) *
So you admit it was 50/50. Then what makes you so sure ignoring only the leave side would result in violence? What you are implicitly saying is that the right are more prone to violence.

well, 13 to 12 would be the closest ratio that reflects the actual result, but as I pointed out, members of this forum, and Buzzjack as a whole, are not a representative sample of the population as a whole.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 7th July 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #83
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 7 2018, 07:01 AM) *
Well, because I'm not a violent racist seems a good place to start.

But you’re assuming typical brexiters aren’t either. What if you’re stance is the atypical one for a leaver?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 7th July 2018, 07:03 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 7 2018, 02:43 PM) *
Well, one reason is that this forum is hardly a representative sample - if it were, then there would be as many Leavers posting here as Remainers. Also there would be as many Mail readers as Guardian ones.
What would be the point in saying it when I don't believe that anyone here would think me sincere?

However, if I will make you feel better : I condemn anyone on the violent political extremes, whether extreme Right wing or Left.

1. Eh? Tangent, much....

2. Hooray! We can all go to bed happy now!! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 8th July 2018, 05:55 AM
Post #85
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 7 2018, 05:11 PM) *
But you’re assuming typical brexiters aren’t either. What if you’re stance is the atypical one for a leaver?

But voters do not vote for extreme-right parties like the BNP, NF, etc in significant numbers - which they surely would if they were as racist as is claimed by a few of the more ardent Remainers.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 8th July 2018, 07:08 AM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 8 2018, 06:55 AM) *
But voters do not vote for extreme-right parties like the BNP, NF, etc in significant numbers - which they surely would if they were as racist as is claimed by a few of the more ardent Remainers.

Err, no. Simplistic. One can be left-wing and racist. One can be racist and still hold political views that aren't one-policy blatant racist. One can be selectively racist. One can be in denial about's one racism.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:04 PM