BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RuPaul's Drag Race // All Stars 4
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post 16th February 2019, 06:45 PM
Post #341
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

What the hell was Monét's outfit in that final lip sync and WHY has no one commented on that? her god damn bra strap was showing which, last I know, was a huge no-no. This really should have been a Naomi v Trinity F2 and I will never budge on that.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 16th February 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #342
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

QUOTE(Theonix @ Feb 16 2019, 08:13 PM) *
I don't really know what to say about the final. Naomi and Trinity were by far the best in the Super Queen challenge, both looks and performance, although the production was absolutely terrible throughout. They both killed the runway too, whilst Monét and Monique were both just okay in both

From the critiques, it was obvious that Monét was going to be in the final lipsync, so I'll just be grateful that she wasn't outright handed the win, as she did outperform Trinity during the final lipsync, not that it was difficult

Overall, I am glad that this series is finally over, it feels like it's dragged on for far too long and has kind of left me with a sour taste with the way the last 3/4 weeks have gone, after such a promising start. I really hope they wait until at least 2 more regular seasons of Drag Race have happened before bringing it back for All Stars 5

I totally agree, especially since they have crown two queens in this one!!!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 16th February 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #343
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

The backlash this series has got in general, I think they will need to put All Stars on the back burner and have a proper rethink.

+Quote this post
post 16th February 2019, 10:52 PM
Post #344
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

To think Season 8 / AS2 was the last time we had a season with no stupid producer shananigins. We’ve had 4 seasons of stupid last-minute feeling twists since it moved to VH1. sad.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 16th February 2019, 11:45 PM
Post #345
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

well you say that joe but honestly latrice was looking GORGEOUS, she was giving u four time elimination 25 year extravaganza eleganza curves and swerves, the best she's EVER looked baby. that's the REAL shenanigans.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th February 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #346
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

LEW YOUR SIGNATURE LMAO I DIE EVERY TIME

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th February 2019, 01:06 AM
Post #347
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Also yeah it defintely needs time, I'd be fine with them running it every year if they were as great as AS2, but I don't know why they feel the need to put in shit and twists and shenanigans. It's not a format that needs that, I mean a bunch of drag queens competing in itself is just drama, as shown by the fact it was great for years without twists and shit. It's never fun or dramatic (with the exception of the first lipsync for the crown which I actually did that but that's probs bc I liked Sasha well enough that I didn't mind her winning), particularly when it ends with a damp squib like a double crowning or ends with a top 2 of Trixie and Kennedy who had zero and one legacy wins respectively :')

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 17th February 2019, 08:57 AM
Post #348
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Yeah the series' just don't need the twists/. AS3 was actually alright until the previous queens were brought back, which lead to Ben self eliminating and then the jury; sure not all the Queens were on top of their game... however Shangela and Ben were amazing to watch similarly it was good to see Aja show what she can do too.

Similarly AS4 would've been fine if the previous queens hadn't returned, we didn't have about 3 weeks of nothing new happening; latrice going, no one going, latrice coming back and then the double win twist. Either cast more Queens to fit how many shows you have, or cut a show as its just unnecessary.

Basically leave the show alone. It doesn't needs 20 twists on top of the lip sync for your legacy

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: 17th February 2019, 08:57 AM

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 17th February 2019, 12:46 PM
Post #349
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

it really is becoming way too frequent. honestly at this rate AS6 is going to be nicole paige brooks doing a final 2 lipsync against an unopened tin of john west tuna

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th February 2019, 12:49 PM
Post #350
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Feb 17 2019, 03:46 PM) *
it really is becoming way too frequent. honestly at this rate AS6 is going to be nicole paige brooks doing a final 2 lipsync against an unopened tin of john west tuna

winner winner tuna dinner

poor NPB doesn't stand a chance

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 17th February 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #351
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

I mean this might be a controversial opinion but I kind of feel like All Stars would work better if the results were decided by a public vote? And it also would make sense since we're talking about the best of the best. Just a thought.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th February 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #352
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Given how many times the public has f***ed up the vote in all of the history of reality TV I'd say a big fat NO to that personally.

A common denominator decided by the popular vote and appealing to most people isn't necessarily the best of the best.

This post has been edited by Conderella: 17th February 2019, 02:07 PM

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 17th February 2019, 05:31 PM
Post #353
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

A public vote would be a mess. There'd be no point in having the queens competing as it'll just become "which queen has the most fans" and the challenges/challenge wins would lose their meaning.

+Quote this post
post 17th February 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #354
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Public vote would be a mess. White fan base queens like Sasha and Trixie would forever win and the queens of colour would always be in trouble.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 17th February 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #355
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Yeah public vote would not be a good idea. They just need to stop the sh!t, pointless twists.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th February 2019, 12:28 AM
Post #356
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

At least for All Stars, it should be track record tbh. Not entirely, sometimes it's not that clear cut, but it's not that hard to award the queen that deserves to win the most or gave the most (undoubtedly Shangela in AS3 and I'd argue Trinity in AS4 although it was much closer this time).

You're never going to please everyone, part of the fun of Drag Race is how divisive it can be and how people can get behind and argue for their faves, of course that's a bad thing too as it can be quite toxic to the queens and probably the producers too. So why not just crown who deserves it?? I know Monet basically had the same track record if you factor in that she "won" the final, so it was close, but personally Monet didn't deserve the wins for the makeover or Everybody Say Love and lots of people agreed. But either way, just bloody pick someone.

Like I said though, the main thing is that the format is absolutely fine and more than dramatic enough. Drag Race Thailand has it DOWN, there's drama and gags but it's not stupid twists (a couple of :/ decisions and shock eliminations including a ridiculous double sashay that should have been a double shantay). There was even a disqualification and honestly Willam is SHAKING it was so dramatic (I just wanted to harp on about DRT again ok x) *.*

Bottom line is I look at it similar to Big Brother, the format itself is great and exciting in so many ways if left naturally, it only gets ruined by a load of twists.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 18th February 2019, 09:11 AM
Post #357
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I genuinely think this finale has harmed the show more than the Trixie win. I'm yet to see anyone particularly happy with the result or complimentative of the episode itself. It was just a mess. Compare Super Queen to Read U Wrote U...

The season started strong but dragged on with too many acting and comedy challenges, strange judging choices, and then the usual messy All Stars eliminations.

They need to change the All Stars format and freshen it up. More time between seasons. Give the queens actual time to grow. I don't believe Monet and Monique are that different than Season 10 - they were just given more screen time.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 18th February 2019, 09:13 AM

+Quote this post
post 18th February 2019, 09:13 AM
Post #358
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

It feels so weird thinking Monet is an All Stars winner.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 18th February 2019, 09:14 AM
Post #359
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(365 @ Feb 18 2019, 09:13 AM) *
It feels so weird thinking Monet is an All Stars winner.

Most people won't.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 18th February 2019, 09:24 AM
Post #360
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 18 2019, 12:28 AM) *
At least for All Stars, it should be track record tbh. Not entirely, sometimes it's not that clear cut, but it's not that hard to award the queen that deserves to win the most or gave the most (undoubtedly Shangela in AS3 and I'd argue Trinity in AS4 although it was much closer this time).

You're never going to please everyone, part of the fun of Drag Race is how divisive it can be and how people can get behind and argue for their faves, of course that's a bad thing too as it can be quite toxic to the queens and probably the producers too. So why not just crown who deserves it?? I know Monet basically had the same track record if you factor in that she "won" the final, so it was close, but personally Monet didn't deserve the wins for the makeover or Everybody Say Love and lots of people agreed. But either way, just bloody pick someone.

Like I said though, the main thing is that the format is absolutely fine and more than dramatic enough. Drag Race Thailand has it DOWN, there's drama and gags but it's not stupid twists (a couple of :/ decisions and shock eliminations including a ridiculous double sashay that should have been a double shantay). There was even a disqualification and honestly Willam is SHAKING it was so dramatic (I just wanted to harp on about DRT again ok x) *.*

Bottom line is I look at it similar to Big Brother, the format itself is great and exciting in so many ways if left naturally, it only gets ruined by a load of twists.

Agreed a Lip Sync for you Legacy already provides enough uncertainty and drama without needing to have a load of twists on top.

+Quote this post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:34 PM