BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscars 2021, + Globes/BAFTA'S/SAG | all noms out!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 8th January 2021, 11:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Oscars are slowly creeping us on now as we're heading into a busy few months for award ceremonies! (basically February 2021 is our usual December equivalent, March = Jan, April = Feb)

What films do you want to get recognised? Who do you think will win? Who are you rooting for? How many films haven't you seen?!

Imma do some predictions soon (maybe tonight x)

Also hype for Buzzjack Oscars, which will be starting v. soon (maybe tonight x)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 8th January 2021, 11:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Award Calendar KEY DATES:

3rd February: Golden Globes Nominations
4th February: Screen Actors Guild Nominations
4th February: BAFTA Longlist Nominations
9th February: Some Oscar Shortlist Categories
28th February: Golden Globes Ceremony
9th March: BAFTA Nominations
14th March: Screen Actors Guild Ceremony
15th March: Oscar Nominations
11th April: BAFTA's
25th April: OSCARS

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 8th January 2021, 11:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

help that 24 hours at the start of February is gonna be insane!! I'm ready *.*

also hype for BAFTA Longlists returning this year & remember the acting categories this year will have 6 noms!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 8th January 2021, 11:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Well, I've just watched 'Pieces of a Woman' and really hope Vanessa Kirby can secure nominations at least! Also, expecting and predicting Zendaya to breakthrough the awards circuit this year.

Strongest year for actor in a while, I think! Anthony Hopkins for 'The Father', Chadwick Boseman for 'Ma Rainey's Black Bottom', John David Washington 'Malcolm & Marie' & (possibly unlikely) Riz Ahmed 'Sound of Metal'.

Films... I have NO idea. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 9th January 2021, 12:46 AM
Post #5
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I've been rather out of loop with the contenders this year as I was wondering if it would actually happen! Nomadland seems to be the name I'm seeing around quite a lot and The Trial of the Chicago 7 & Da 5 Bloods seem like reasonable names we can see in there.

It's a long shot but I'm really hoping for I'm Thinking of Ending Things to get something at least, one of the most striking and original films I saw last year, Jessie Buckley in particular definitely deserves an Actress nom for that!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th January 2021, 12:50 AM
Post #6
Group icon

Trial of Chicago 7 could be a shout tbh! I wasn't that impressed by it, but it's getting big praise in numerous places. I can see it doing an 'Irishman' and getting nominated everywhere, but pretty much 0 wins.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th January 2021, 03:32 AM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Imma do some full on summaries for u guys of the main 8 categories! I’m honestly intrigued to see what I’m gonna predict 😅

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th January 2021, 04:15 AM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

the top 8 categories!:

Picture:
1. Nomadland
2. The Trial of Chicago 7
3. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
4. Sound Of Metal
5. Malcolm & Marie
6. Da 5 Bloods
7. The Father
8. Judas & The Black Messiah
9. Mank

so close: Promising Young Woman, One Night In Miami, Soul, The United States vs. Billie Holiday, Minari
next up: Never Rarely Sometimes Always, First Cow, News Of The World
surprise: Borat 2, The Mauritanian, The Little Things, Pieces Of A Woman, Tenet

this category is such a crapshoot rn, damn its tough! Nomadland is locked and is probs winning, I think Trial is its only competition rn. I also can't see Ma Rainey missing best pic. Anything below that could honestly miss. I really see Sound Of Metal overperforming Whiplash style rn and f*** it I'm going all in on Malcolm & Marie based on the early reactions, something needs to take off from the late breakers. Da 5 Bloods & The Father feel like solid best picture picks rn and I'm going for Judas being a surprise and really liked it, honestly wouldn't be shocked if it ended up top 3 here. Finishing my predictions rn with Mank, I think it's v. lucky this is such a weird season as in a normal one I think it would've done a First Man etc and been the fave for a while that just crashes and misses nearly everything. It feels passionless but I feel it just sneaks in.
I really wanted to make space for PYW but I couldn't, wouldn't be shocked at all if that broke through! Soul & ONIM could make it but I feel both just fall short. United States I feel won't be a pic play atm and I do feel Minari is being a bit overhyped rn but we'll see. I lowkey wouldn't be shocked if one of the indie best reviewed films of the year of either NRSA or First Cow make it but I'm not brave enough to predict it. Loads of pundits are predicting NOTW but I don't see it. That's probs it of the realistic options unless one of the late breakers really make a play for it.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th January 2021, 04:37 AM
Post #9
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Best Actress:
1. Zendaya - Malcolm & Marie (Globe Drama, SAG, BAFTA)
2. Viola Davis - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (Globe Drama, SAG, BAFTA)
3. Frances McDormand - Nomadland (Globe Drama, SAG, BAFTA)
4. Andra Day - The United States vs. Billie Holiday (SAG)
5. Carey Mulligan - Promising Young Woman (Globe Drama, SAG, BAFTA)

6. Vanessa Kirby - Pieces Of A Woman (BAFTA)
7. Sophia Loren - The Life Ahead (Globe Drama)
8. Meryl Streep - The Prom (Globe C/M)

they could sneak in:
9. Sidney Flanigan - Never Rarely Sometimes Always
10. Jessie Buckley - I'm Thinking Of Ending Things

they could hit random precursors:
11. Elisabeth Moss - The Invisible Man
12. Kate Winslet - Ammonite
13. Rosamund Pike - I Care A Lot (Globe C/M)
14. Amy Adams - Hillbilly Elegy
15. Bukky Bakray - Rocks (BAFTA)
16. Robin Wright - Land

probs not: Carrie Coon (the nest), Julia Garner (the assistant), Rachel Brosnahan (I'm Your Woman)
BAFTA contenders: Claire Dunne (herself), Morfyyd Clark (Saint Maud)

Globes only:
Anya Taylor-Joy - Emma (Globe C/M)
Kristen Stewart - Happiest Season (Globe C/M)

comedy globe possibilities: Cristin Milloti (Palm Springs), Anne Hathaway (Lock Down), Tessa Thompson (Sylvie's Love), Michelle Pfeiffer (French Exit), Rashida Jones (On The Rocks), Emily Blunt (Wild Mountain Thyme), Meryl Streep (Let 'Em All Talk)

damn this category is tight, let's go through each ceremony:

Globes: Drama is SO TOUGH. Comedy/Musical on the other hand, Jesus wept.

Comedy/Musical: the race for the win is Streep again for The Prom vs Bakalova for Borat 2 (who's lead at globes & supporting everywhere else), I think Bakalova wins rn. The next 3 noms could be anyone, most pundits have Pfeiffer & Jones but idk I feel doubtful about both. I feel with the queen's gambit hype, Anya gets in here but at the same time if they're already nominating her in TV, maybe not. Stewart feels like someone that's been on the brink of award recognition for a while and I think she can get a globe nod but again wouldn't be shocked if she missed. Have Milloti 5th rn as feel Palm Springs can crack all 3 C/M categories. Tessa Thompson just outside for Sylvie's love (which is competing as a TV movie everywhere else), Meryl for double noms or a shock late breaker like Anne Hathaway for Lock Down I wouldn't be surprised making it. EDIT: forgot about Rosamund Pike in I Care A Lot, I think she's 4th rn!

Drama: Jesus wept. any of my top 13 (bar Meryl in Prom obvs) could make it here. I feel Sidney, Jessie & Elisabeth won't. Kate & Amy could easily make it in a weaker year but drama is too strong this year. Mulligan being moved to drama makes this a nightmare. Honestly any of my top 7 can make it but rn I'm going with Day (I feel only one of the late breakers of Zendaya & Day will make it here) & Kirby missing here, I feel they won't resist giving their fave & legend Loren another nom. Viola/Frances should be safe but even both of them have rocky globes history. I feel they love PYW enough from the buzz that Carey makes it.

SAG: I'm surprised 4 of my top 5 I'm predicting to get in here because I don't think that'll happen but idk who to snub laugh.gif I feel we're gonna get some completely random nomination here, they like their early films/box office hits/horrors so I feel Elisabeth can make it (I have her 7th behind Kirby rn), and god forbid they adore Hillbilly and Adams makes it for showy acting. And if Streep makes it, that's v. encouraging for her getting an Oscar nom.

BAFTAS: this year could be completely crazy with the longlists & panel overhaul so look out for shock nominees like Dunne, Clark or Bakray, the latter who I'm currently predicting as I feel BAFTA's are gonna go big for Rocks. I feel Kirby makes it here quite easily so of my top 5 I'm going for Day missing again but I lowkey think there's gonna be a major shock snub here. This is probs Kate's best chance for a nom this season too

OSCARS: I'm going risky with a Zendaya sweep. Nobody in this category makes sense to me until now, I feel with these early reactions it could happen, she's an it-girl & will have the buzz. This could bite me in the back but f*** it. Viola & Frances are the safe nominees who probs hit everything, though I've always struggled to see either as a winner. Frances is probs a no as she'd be going for Oscar 3 & has a better chance winning in pic as producer, whilst Viola could happen as she's never won a leading Oscar. Then I think its 2 of Day/Mulligan/Kirby getting in, I feel Day has the role & probs eventual raves + Mulligan has the buzz that Kirby misses. rn I'd be surprised if anyone else makes it but watch out for Sophia breaking records, Meryl if she gets SAG or a shock non-precursor nominee like Sidney or Jessie

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th January 2021, 05:00 AM
Post #10
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Best Actor:
1. Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (Globe Drama, SAG, BAFTA)
2. Anthony Hopkins - The Father (Globe Drama, SAG, BAFTA)
3. Riz Ahmed - Sound Of Metal (Globe Drama, SAG, BAFTA)
4. John David Washington - Malcolm & Marie (SAG)
5. Gary Oldman - Mank (BAFTA)

6. Lakeith Stanfield - Judas & The Black Messiah
7. Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods (BAFTA)
8. Tahar Rahim - The Mauritanian (BAFTA)
9. Steven Yeun - Minari
10. Tom Hanks - News Of The World

11. Tom Holland - Cherry (Globe Drama, SAG)
12. Sacha Baron Cohen - Borat 2 (Globe C/M)
13. Ben Affleck - The Way Back
14. Mads Mikkelsen - Another Round (Globe C/M)
15. Kingsley Ben-Adir - One Night In Miami
16. Denzel Washington - The Little Things
17. George Clooney - The Midnight Sky (Globe Drama)
18. Trevante Rhodes - The United States vs. Billie Holiday

Globes only:
Andy Samberg - Palm Springs
Dev Patel - The Personal History of David Copperfield
Lin-Manuel Miranda - Hamilton

comedy globe possibilities: Pete Davidson (The King of Staten Island), Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton), James Corden (The Prom)

damn this category is tight, let's go through each ceremony:

Comedy/Musical: my god this is nearly as tragic as the actress one. I feel SBC gets a default win for Borat 2 but at the same time I can seem him easily not winning & Maria being its one GG win, but who else would win?? Andy feels like the safe nom that goes no further, Mads has enough buzz that I think he's in but I can see him being snubbed easily & honestly if they go Hamilton nuts, Lin-Manuel could win. I think Patel sneaks in over Davidson but that might just be hope-predicting. I feel Odom Jr. gets the nom in supporting instead of lead and I swear to go if they go anywhere near Corden... and honestly there's zero other contenders here yikes. Ferrell for Eurovision is probs next in-line! If Bill Murray is leading at Globes (I think supporting rn but conflicting info), he's in over Patel.

Drama: yeah this is a nightmare between the Oscar faves, the critical faves & the globe faves. Boseman & Hopkins are locked to hit everything, I think Ahmed does too but less confident there. That leaves 2 spots open and I think Globes are gonna be Globes and star-f***, nominating Clooney for The Midnight Sky (which'll go nowhere apart from getting like 4 Globe noms & Oscar techs) & Holland for Cherry (I lowkey see him having a similar run to Egerton last year despite the film looking awful). I feel Oldman can be snubbed here, iirc there's some tea of bad blood between him & Globes like there is with De Niro (who was snubbed last year). One of Washington/Stanfield/Lindo can easily make it over one of my starf***ing predictions, or they go even more with the latter and nominate Affleck. I also feel Rahim is v. under the radar atm and can pull of a shock nom here. And tbh Hanks, Washington & Yeun shouldn't be ruled out either, this category is insane.

SAG: Boseman & Hopkins locked. Think JDW makes it here & Ahmed should as well. 5th place is tough but I'm going for Holland managing another nom here and that's him finished for the season. tbh most of my top contenders can happen here but Lindo/Hanks/Oldman/Affleck are my next in line in order

BAFTAS: I feel there's gonna be a crazy nom here but idk who, most of the well received British films this year don't have male leads! I feel this could be the place Rahim gets in if the Mauritanian increases buzz & Oldman has to hit something & I don't think he misses BAFTA. My top 3 are locked here & I'm going with Lindo who probs doesn't hit here but I feel like he makes one line up this season. I feel Dev Patel would be in here if that didn't qualify for the last BAFTA season argh!

OSCARS: top 2 locked, I feel Chadwick's gonna sweep but I feel Hopkins could win one award this year, probs either BAFTA or Drama Globe; former cos British obvs & latter as he's never won a competitive golden globe!! I feel with the buzz atm, Ahmed is in too. Then I have 2 battles rn. for the young star it's Washington v Stanfield, I feel too much is unknown about the latter rn for me to predict Stanfield so I'll go with Washington who just missed a couple years ago. and then Oldman v Lindo for the veteran star, I'm taking a risk by snubbing Lindo who most people are predicting rn but idk I have a gut feeling. Though I think Oldman is becoming v. close to missing just like Mank in Best Pic. Rahim & Yeun could surprise and Hanks could build enough goodwill/narrative but idk, anyone else probs won't be getting in but I wouldn't be surprised if a shock 5th contender emerged

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th January 2021, 05:15 AM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

and last one for tonight! supporting actor/director/screenplays over next couple days x

Best Supporting Actress:
1. Amanda Seyfried - Mank (Globes, SAG, BAFTA)
2. Olivia Colman - The Father (Globes, SAG, BAFTA)
3. Maria Bakalova - Borat 2 (Globes Lead C/M, SAG, BAFTA)
4. Ellen Burstyn - Pieces Of A Woman (Globes, SAG)
5. Youn Yuh-jung - Minari (BAFTA)

6. Jodie Foster - The Mauritanian (Globes)
7. Glenn Close - Hillbilly Elegy (SAG)
8. Olivia Cooke - Sound Of Metal
9. Talia Ryder - Never Rarely Sometimes Always
10. Charlene Swankie - Nomadland
11. Dominique Fishback - Judas & The Black Messiah
12. Helena Zengel - News Of The World

13. Priyanka Chopra - The White Tiger (Globes)
14. Nicole Kidman - The Prom
15. Saoirse Ronan - Ammonite
16. Olivia Williams - The Father (BAFTA)
17. Lesley Manville - Let Him Go
18. Toni Collette - I'm Thinking Of Ending Things

BAFTA contenders
Sarah Lancashire - Everybody's Talking About Jamie (BAFTA)
Kosar Ali - Rocks
Jennifer Ehle - Saint Maud
Fiona Shaw - Ammonite

a weak year but could pull off some shocks, I feel this category could turn out real good!

Globes: Let's start by ruling out Bakalova who's competing in lead at Globes. Seyfried & Colman are locks here and this will probs be Seyfried's easiest win of the season, if she doesn't win here its over for her. I think Burstyn makes it here quite easily too. They love their stars & Foster feels like Bening in The Report part 2, I think she's in. ZERO idea for 5th spot, I'm going with them going randomly for Chopra-Jones rn but it could easily be Close or Yuh-jung. Kidman could surprise here, I don't think anyone else I mentioned has too much of a chance at Globes.

SAG: Once again Seyfried & Colman should be good for noms & battle to win against each other, the latter never winning SAG but I think Seyfried takes this. Close 3rd here & could win too. I think Burstyn is a solid 4th here and I'll go for Bakalova 5th here, just over Foster. I think Cooke or Kidman could pull of a surprise nom here but again that's about it.

BAFTAS: Yeah this could be a crazy category with loads of British contenders making a play here. Seyfried/Colman are good to go & I think Bakalova hits again but can miss here (I have her 6th) and Yuh-Jung makes it here I think. Then I'm going with Lancashire who has a baity af role in Jamie (if it's a hit I lowkey think she could win, rn I'm going with Colman over Seyfried here, they love the former so much) & the father slaying at BAFTA's with Olivia Williams sneaking in here. I feel there's so many contenders tho, Ali/Ehle/Ronan can all hit here depending how well their films do, I can see a random Ryder or Collette nom, if Close hits both the above maybe she makes it. I have Burstyn in 7th and wouldn't be surprised to see her turn up here.

OSCARS: as with the above, Seyfried & Colman are in and rn I feel Seyfried wins but this category is certainly ripe for an upset rn. I think Burstyn's oldest nominee record & promotion & praise, I think she's in and I feel Bakalova has enough buzz & this is a weak enough year she sneaks in and Yuh-jung is dominating critics to the point I think she gets that 5th nom. there's def major possibilities for other noms tho; Foster gets enough buzz & the film really takes off that she makes it, Close takes advantage of a weak year & her overdue narrative is enough for a nom despite HE's reviews, Cooke or Swankie coattails, NRSA or NOTW over performs, Fishback gains major buzz for Judas (I'm not predicting her anywhere yet but I feel she could be a surprise contender). A v. exciting category!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th January 2021, 05:35 AM
Post #12
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BAFTA LONGLIST PREDICTIONS:

Actress:
Bukky Bakray - Rocks
Jessie Buckley - I'm Thinking Of Ending Things
Morfyyd Clark - Saint Maud
Andra Day - The United States vs. Billie Holiday
Viola Davis - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Claire Dunne - Herself
Sidney Flanigan - Never Rarely Sometimes Always
Vanessa Kirby - Pieces Of A Woman
Frances McDormand - Nomadland
Wunmi Mosaku - His House
Carey Mulligan - The Dig
Carey Mulligan - Promising Young Woman
Anya Taylor-Joy - Emma
Kate Winslet - Ammonite
Zendaya - Malcolm & Marie

just outside: Sophia Loren (The Life Ahead), Carrie Coon (The Nest), Julia Garner (The Assistant), Elisabeth Moss (The Invisible Man)

Best Actor:
Riz Ahmed - Mogul Mowgli
Riz Ahmed - Sound Of Metal
Kingsley Ben-Adir - One Night In Miami
Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Sope Dirisu - His House
Ralph Fiennes - The Dig
Tom Holland - Cherry
Anthony Hopkins - The Father
Cosmo Jarvis - Calm With Horses
Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods
Gary Oldman - Mank
Tahar Rahim - The Mauritanian
Lakeith Stanfield - Judas & The Black Messiah
John David Washington - Malcolm & Marie
Steven Yeun - Minari

next in line: Max Harwood (Everybody's Talking About Jamie), Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat 2), Tom Hanks (News Of The World), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Supporting Actress:
Kosar Ali - Rocks
Maria Bakalova - Borat 2
Ellen Burstyn - Pieces Of A Woman
Toni Collette - I'm Thinking Of Ending Things
Olivia Colman - The Father
Olivia Cooke - Sound Of Metal
Jennifer Ehle - Saint Maud
Jodie Foster - The Mauritanian
Sarah Lancashire - Everybody's Talking About Jamie
Saoirse Ronan - Ammonite
Talia Ryder - Never Rarely Sometimes Always
Amanda Seyfried - Mank
Fiona Shaw - Ammonite
Olivia Williams - The Father
Youn Yuh-jung - Minari

next up: Niamh Algar (Calm With Horses), Fiona Shaw (Kindred), Dominique Fishback (Judas & The Black Messiah), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Priyanka Chopra (The White Tiger), Helena Zengel (News Of The World), Charlene Swankie (Nomadland)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th January 2021, 05:23 PM
Post #13
Group icon

The Globes are a MESS!

Why would they move PYW to the non-comedy categories? Pretty sure it'd have been a landslide for PYW in the comedy categories + by the looks of it, they needed more for the comedy sections. Ah well, hopefully that makes it an easier path for Hamilton or Palm Springs.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th January 2021, 11:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

the other categories, cba with descriptions x

Best Supporting Actor:
1. Sacha Baron Cohen - The Trial of Chicago 7 (Globes, SAG, BAFTA)
2. Daniel Kaluuya - Judas & the Black Messiah (Globes, SAG, BAFTA) --> wouldn't be surprised if he wins one of them
3. Chadwick Boseman - Da 5 Bloods (Globes, SAG, BAFTA) --> if globes go with Hopkins in lead, Boseman wins here at Globes
4. Leslie Odom Jr. - One Night in Miami (SAG, BAFTA)
5. Glynn Turman - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (SAG)

6. Paul Raci - Sound Of Metal (Globes)
7. Mark Rylance - The Trial of Chicago 7 (BAFTA)
8. David Strathairn - Nomadlad
9. Bill Murrary - On The Rocks (Globes)
10. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II - The Trial of Chicago 7
11. Colman Domingo - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom

BAFTA contenders
Richard E. Grant - Everybody's Talking About Jamie (BAFTA)
Johnny Flynn or Bill Nighy - Emma
Barry Keoghan - Calm With Horses
D'angelou Osie Kissiedu - Rocks
Ben Mendelsohn - Babyteeth

Best Director:
1. Chloe Zhao - Nomadland (Globe, DGA, BAFTA)
2. Aaron Sorkin - The Trial of Chicago 7 (Globe, DGA, BAFTA)
3. Spike Lee - Da 5 Bloods (Globe, DGA, BAFTA)
4. David Fincher - Mank (Globe, DGA, BAFTA)
5. George C. Wolfe - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (DGA)

6. Emerald Fennell - Promising Young Woman (BAFTA, DGA debut)
7. Florian Zeller - The Father (DGA debut)
8. Darius Marber - Sound of Metal (DGA)
9. Kornel Mundruczo - Pieces Of A Woman
10. Sam Levinson - Malcolm & Marie
11. Kelly Reichardt - First Cow
12. Eliza Hittman - Never Rarely Sometimes Always
13. Regina King - One Night In Miami
14. Lee Isaac Chung - Minari
15. Paul Greengrasas - News of the World
16. Shaka King - Judas & The Black Messiah
17. Lee Daniels - The United States vs. Billie Holiday
18. George Clooney - The Midnight Sky (Globe)
19. Rose Glass - Saint Maud (BAFTA)

Best Original Screenplay:
1. The Trial of Chicago 7 (Globe, BAFTA)
2. Mank (Globe, BAFTA)
3. Malcolm & Marie (Globe)
4. Soul
5. Never Rarely Sometimes Always (BAFTA)

6. Promising Young Woman (BAFTA)
7. Da 5 Bloods
8. Minari
9. Judas & the Black Messiah
10. Sound of Metal (this category is tough, I can see any of the top 10 nominated & only Trial + Mank locked, BAFTA even more so as I can easily see the 3 films I mentioned under BAFTA contenders getting noms here)
11. Palm Springs
12. Another Round
13. On The Rocks

BAFTA contenders:
Saint Maud
Rocks (BAFTA)
His House

Best Adapted Screenplay:
1. Nomadland (Globe, BAFTA)
2. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (Globe, BAFTA)
3. The Father (BAFTA)
4. One Night in Miami (BAFTA)
5. First Cow

6. I'm Thinking of Ending Things (BAFTA)
7. Pieces of a Woman
8. Borat 2
9. News of the World
10. The United States vs. Billie Holiday
11. The Personal History of David Copperfield
12. The Life Ahead
13. The Mauritanian
14. Everybody's Talking About Jamie

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th January 2021, 11:20 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(UltraEvermore @ Jan 8 2021, 11:25 PM) *
Award Calendar KEY DATES:

3rd February: Golden Globes Nominations
4th February: Screen Actors Guild Nominations
4th February: BAFTA Longlist Nominations
28th February: Golden Globes Ceremony
9th March: BAFTA Nominations
14th March: Screen Actors Guild Ceremony
15th March: Oscar Nominations
11th April: BAFTA's
25th April: OSCARS

SAG delayed 3 weeks to 4th April so it doesn't clash with Grammys

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th January 2021, 12:08 AM
Post #16
Group icon

Wait... is Trial not an adapted Screenplay?! I assumed it was seeing as it was based on true events!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 3rd February 2021, 04:21 AM
Post #17
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Globe nominations in 12 hours!!

My final predictions for Globes: --> all Alts are listed in order of likeliness

Best Picture (Drama):
1. Nomadland
2. The Trial of Chicago 7
3. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
4. The Father
5. Judas & The Black Messiah

Alt: Mank, Promising Young Woman, One Night In Miami, News of the World, Da 5 Bloods, Sound of Metal
confident in the top 2, the last 3 spots are a bloodbath (I think Ma Rainey makes it tho)

Best Actress Drama:
1. Viola Davis - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
2. Frances McDormand - Nomadland
3. Carey Mulligan - Promising Young Woman
4. Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman
5. Sophia Loren - The Life Ahead
6. Zendaya - Malcom & Marie

Alt: Andra Day - The United States vs Billie Holiday (maybe Amy Adams - Hillbilly Elegy or Kate Winslet - Ammonite could make it but probs just between top 7 here)

top 3 should be safe & then again a bloodbath between the other 4. predicting this is one of the rare times we get a six nominee category at the globes

Best Drama Actor:
1. Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
2. Anthony Hopkins - The Father
3. Riz Ahmed - Sound of Metal
4. Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods
5. Tom Hanks - News of the World

Alt: Gary Oldman (Mank), Tom Holland (Cherry), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), George Clooney (Midnight Sky), Steven Yeun (Minari), Tahar Rahim (The Mauritanian), Lakeith Stanfield (Judas & The Black Messiah), John David Washington (Malcolm & Marie)

top 3 set to go, Lindo should be in but I wouldn't be beyond shocked at a snub. 5th spot is a bloodbath between all the names above

Best Film Comedy/Musical:
1. Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm
2. The Prom
3. Hamilton
4. Emma
5. Palm Springs

Alt: On The Rocks, Personal History of David Copperfield, Music, Wild Mountain Thyme, Eurovision

There's rumours they really liked Music, hopefully that turns out like the Cats tea from last year. Anywhere yikes this category is weak. Rooting for an Emma nom!

Best Film Comedy/Musical Actress:
1. Maria Bakalova - Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
2. Meryl Streep - The Prom
3. Anya Taylor-Joy - Emma
4. Christin Milioti - Palm Springs
5. Emily Blunt - Wild Mountain Thyme

Alt: Rashida Jones (On the Rocks), Rosamund Pike (I Care a Lot), Michelle Pfeiffer (French Exit), Kristen Stewart (Happiest Season), Meryl Streep (Let Them All Talk), Rachel McAdams (Eurovision), Tessa Thompson (Sylvie's Love), Millie Bobby Brown (Enola Holmes), Margot Robbie (Birds of Prey)

top 2 are locks, after that I think we could be in for some surprises. I feel ATJ should be good with her massive 2020 year, last 2 spots could go to any of the above tbh. Rooting for Anya & Kristen!

Best Film Comedy/Musical Actor:
1. Sacha Baron Cohen - Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
2. Andy Samberg - Palm Springs
3. Dev Patel - Personal History of David Copperfield
4. Lin-Manuel Miranda - Hamilton
5. James Cordon - The Prom

Alt: Pete Davidson (Staten Island), Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton), Jamie Dornan (Wild Mountain Thyme), Will Ferrell (Eurovision)

I don't want to predict James but I have a bad gut feeling. Tbh SBC is probs the only one locked (& I feel good about Samberg) but no one apart from these 9 names are getting in

Supporting Actress:
1. Amanda Seyfried - Mank
2. Olivia Colman - The Father
3. Ellen Burstyn - Pieces of a Woman
4. Jodie Foster - The Mauritanian
5. Nicole Kidman - The Prom

Alt: Yuh-Jung Youn (Minari), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Helena Zengel (News of the World), Olivia Cooke (Sound of Metal), Renee Elise Goldsberry (Hamilton), Dominique Fishback (Judas & the Black Messiah)

I'm probs over-estimating Globes starf***ing for their faves + being rational enough to snub Hillbilly. Youn can def make it in here too. Anyone apart from these names would be a big surprise.

Best Supporting Actor:
1. Daniel Kaluuya - Judas & the Black Messiah
2. Sacha Baron Cohen - The Trial of Chicago 7
3. Kingsley Ben-Adir - One Night in Miami
4. Leslie Odom Jr. - One Night In Miami
5. Chadwick Boseman - Da 5 Bloods

Alt: Bill Murray (On The Rocks), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal), Mark Rylance (Chicago 7), David Strathairn (Nomadland), Frank Langella (Chicago 7), Colman Domingo or Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey's), Bo Burnham (Promising Young Woman)

anyone else here would be a shock, I kinda feel good about that top 5 despite it not being the consensus prediction

Best Director:
1. Chloe Zhao - Nomadland
2. Aaron Sorkin - The Trial of Chicago 7
3. David Fincher - Mank
4. Spike Lee - Da 5 Bloods
5. George Clooney - The Midnight Sky

Alt: Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman), Regina King (One Night in Miami), Paul Greengrass (NOTW), George C. Wolfe (Ma Rainey), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Florian Zeller (The Father), Shaka King (Judas), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal), Kornel Mundruczo (Pieces of a Woman)

Any of that top 4 missing would be a surprise snub

Best Screenplay:
1. The Trial of Chicago 7
2. Nomadland
3. Promising Young Woman
4. The Father
5. Mank

Alt: One Night in Miami, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Soul, Minari, Da 5 Bloods, News of the World, Malcolm & Marie

probs between the top 9 but idk

Best Animation:
1. Soul
2. Wolfwalkers
3. Over the Moon
4. Onward
5. Trolls: World Tour

Alt: The Croods: A New Age, The Willoughbys, Shaun the Sheep 2

top 4 locked, battle between the next 4 for 5th spot

Best Foreign Language:
1. Minari
2. Another Round
3. The Life Ahead
4. Quo Vadis, Alda?
5. La Llorona

Alt: Dear Comrades, I'm No Longer Here

Best Original Score:
1. Soul
2. Mank
3. The Midnight Sky
4. Da 5 Bloods
5. The Trial of Chicago 7

Alt: Tenet, News of the World, Minari

Best Original Song:
1. Speak Now - One Night in Miami
2. Hear My Voice - Chicago 7
3. Tigress & Tweed - United States vs Billie Holiday
4. lo si - The Life Ahead
5. Husavik - Eurovision

Alt: Together (Music), Just Sing (Trolls 2), Wear Your Crown (The Prom), Fight For You (Judas)

my head says just sing or the trash from Music/The Prom, my heart says husavik

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 3rd February 2021, 01:35 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

awards season let's GO finally!!

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 3rd February 2021, 01:42 PM
Post #19
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Crikey I watched so few new films last year cry.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 3rd February 2021, 01:43 PM
Post #20
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Anya double noms YASSSS (with Emma & The Queen's Gambit)

Promising Young Woman SMASHED! Drama, Actress, Director so far whew

Day & Kirby made it <3

THEY NOMINATED MUSIC in comedy actress I am HOWLING laugh.gif tho yay for Hudson, I love her so much so yay for another nom! Now time to wait and see if it makes the comedy pic line-up laugh.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:22 AM