BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robs EOY 200 of 2017, DONE 200-101 page 3 & top 100 page 6!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 17th December 2017, 07:36 AM
Post #41
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

my faves from here so far

164. Anton Powers Ft Pixie Lott – Baby
166. Selena Gomez Ft Marshmello – Wolves
168. James Hype – More Than Friends
177. Charlie Puth – Attention
182. Easyfun ft noonie bao – monopoly
183. Dead Husband – Healthy Boy
184. Cheat Codes Ft Demi Lovato – No Promises
187. Rita ora – Your Song
188. Oliver Moldan Ft Jasmine Ash - High & Low wub.gif probably one of my favourite songs I've ever sent!
189. Snakehips Ft MO – Don’t Leave

great stuff!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 17th December 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

She's on My Mind is nice enough but my least favourite of JPs singles, whilst it was quite grabbing it didn't have the emotion September Song had sad.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th December 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

QUOTE(Riser @ Dec 17 2017, 07:20 AM) *
LOVE 'Million Bucks', one of the best rock entries of the year! I'm also a fan of 'More Than Friends' and 'Blinded By Your Grace', both of which should've been just a liiiittle bit bigger hits but they did well enough biggrin.gif

I think Blinded has done as well as I expected personally. certainly different to see a gospel track in the chart anyhow.

thanks Jordan!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th December 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(dancember @ Dec 17 2017, 07:36 AM) *
my faves from here so far

177. Charlie Puth – Attention
182. Easyfun ft noonie bao – monopoly
183. Dead Husband – Healthy Boy
184. Cheat Codes Ft Demi Lovato – No Promises
187. Rita ora – Your Song
188. Oliver Moldan Ft Jasmine Ash - High & Low wub.gif probably one of my favourite songs I've ever sent!
189. Snakehips Ft MO – Don’t Leave

great stuff!

it was a great choice. I know I had my hand on it at one point to send but I figured you'd already have heard and loved it tongue.gif

QUOTE(Petelehem @ Dec 17 2017, 02:48 PM) *
She's on My Mind is nice enough but my least favourite of JPs singles, whilst it was quite grabbing it didn't have the emotion September Song had sad.gif

oh absolutely it's nothing on September Song at all. I doubt he's going to better that anytime soon (or at all)

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th December 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Rob aah

159. Taylor Swift - King Of My Heart
158. Chromeo - Jealous (I Ain't With It)
157. Taylor Swift – This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

Kesha's first of two tracks here is the current single 'Learn To Let Go' at 160 followed by two more!! Taylor album tracks, the loon mode is crazy isn't it lmao... sandwhiching BJSC 100 entry 'Jealous' (I Ain't With It) by Chromeo, a song entered by Trifoski (Seven) that was released back in 2014. Not normally I would allow song outside of this year or last to be included but they are mostly exceptions because they were entered to BJSC this year and were huge discoveries!

Pupok's 'Na Zawse' is next at 156 (another BJSC if you didn't guess already lol) with Tinashe's 'Flame' at 155. This turned out to be another flop for Tinashe who just doesn't seem to be living up to the hype as a artist who should be scoring hits especially as the new IT girl in urban music, well until Mabel & Stefflon came along this year that is!

This post has been edited by Rob S: 17th December 2017, 10:55 PM

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 18th December 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Flame: Love it, nice to see Tinashe have a great song!
This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things: Not a good Taylor track, but not the worst song from her new album.
King Of My Heart: Meh track, heard a lot better from her.
Learn To Let Go: My best charting song from her entire "Rainbow" album, great song from an great album!
She’s On My Mind: Great track, JP Cooper was one of my biggest rising stars of this year and I like his album with this song in particular and that chorus is very catchy.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th December 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Rob aah

153. Markus Schulz Ft Delacey - Destiny
152. Lorde - Written In The Dark

'Stargazing' is the only song from Kygo in the countdown and misses out on the top 150, it's a decent track but it's not quite reaching the heights of 'Firestone' partly because his style hasn't really changed. There will be a few tracks that were in my EOY last year that'll be popping up again this year and 'Destiny' is one of them, very euphoric trance tune which still made a big impact on me this year, it was one of my January BJSC potentials too but yea what I entered at the time will speak for itself way later on tongue.gif Do I hear Kate Bush? Yes... that's because one of the songs off Lorde's album this year, Specifically in the chorus, you can tell she's been studying/been influenced by her as it's literally identical to the 70's icon!
At 151 we have another BJSC entry and on trend with what genres have been popular this year.... witch house courtesy of Crystal Castles with their recent single 'Concrete'. I didn't really venture into CC's music when CRIM3S were entered as there were lots of members saying on here that their music is very Crystle Castles esque and I can now see that very clearly!

--

Coming up next.... 150-101 *.*

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th December 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Rob aah

149. Oh Wonder - Ultralife
148. King Plague - Ave Maria

Kicking off the top 150 we have.......... THE OLD GRANNY, yesss Rich (Goodelta will be happy lol) this unjustly DNQED earlier in the year, can we please support it and vote it through in BJSC rejects? please! Alongside it at 149 & 148 repsectively we have two more BJSC entries, Oh Wonder almost won back in May from D'yermak'er but lost out to 'Hurricane' by The Drones Club, Jadakissnia sent this remix of the classic piece of music 'Ave Maria' in September.

Bastille have released much stuff that's troubled the top 40 this year and having two songs feature in last years countdown it's safe to assume that they are in the process of recording music for their next album... this doesn't stop them from doing a movie soundtrack though as 'World Gone Mad' comes from the Bright Movie soundtrack that has just recently got released. Bastille do also pop up a little bit later as they joined Craig David on his current single, that's still to come!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 19th December 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #49
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Flame is actually really good for what it is, I was kinda sad that it wasn’t a dance song but it still worked for her. Also YAS @ Selegend/Cheat Codes/Charlie heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

(boo at you not liking my BJSC sentries enough ~)

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th December 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(CodySleighBell-y @ Dec 19 2017, 05:44 PM) *
Flame is actually really good for what it is, I was kinda sad that it wasn’t a dance song but it still worked for her. Also YAS @ Selegend/Cheat Codes/Charlie heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

(boo at you not liking my BJSC sentries enough ~)

I wonder how Tinashe would fare with doing a dance track tbh. probably her only chance to get another hit if she teamed up with Martin garrix or something.

I know I did give it high points but there's lots of songs I just never revisited since so it was really unlucky in that respect.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th December 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Rob aah

145. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
144. Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
143. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You

140. The Vamps Ft Maggie Lindemann - Personal

We find two more BJSC entries in this batch both from BJSC 91 in fact and both came top 10, sadly Mulgracia (JSG's nation) has bowed out of the competition which is fair enough as there comes a time n all but when they did enter, they sent lots of tunes! Two lots of Ed turns up here which strangely enough is his two #1 singles from this year in the form of 'Perfect' & Shape of You', it's safe to say I don't dislike Ed like the forum does although I agree that fame has very much gone to his head in recent years and obviously with his clear intention of nailing on the Christmas number 1 which it looks like a sealed deal at this rate. The original version whilst I don't think it's incredible... is easily the best of all the versions released in the past 3 weeks.

Carly Rae had a strong year in 2015 with 'Run Away With Me' smashing into my top 5 and 'Call Me Maybe' making the top 25 in 2012 but for some reason, it might have to do with the fact that it didn't take off or whatever.. 'Cut To The Feeling' misses my top 100 completely finishing at a lowly a middling 146, that said it didn't particularly stick with me like her other songs did but I guess I didn't go out of my way to let it grow like RAWM did. London Grammar's first of two songs is amongst these as well as 'Non Believer' sits at 142, The Vamps round things off with their latest single featuring US singer (and former Summericia representative) Maggie Lindemann, it's called 'Personal'

This post has been edited by Rob S: 19th December 2017, 09:42 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th December 2017, 09:57 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Rob aah

138. Hailee Steinfeld, Alesso & Florida Georgia Line - Let Me Go

136. VUKOVI - La Di Da
135. Christine & The Queens - iT
134. Francesca Michielin - Vulcano

Not far away from reaching the grand 100 EOY and in at 139, she'e already back again Maggie Lindemann's 'Obsessed' is basically a carbon copy of NEIKED's 'Sexual' as many have already mentioned. Hailee also pops up again with her latest single, still nothing on 'Starving' for me though. Krewella are 137 with 'Broken Record', they are apparently very popular in the scene even winning BJSC like 5 years back or something so my extensive research gave me?

Flynnoda's rock entry 'La Di Da' is up at 136, with Liam's BJSC 99 Winner 'Vulcano sandwhiching Christine & The Queens 'iT' at 135, also nowhere near touching distance of the fabulous 'Tilted'!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th December 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Rob aah

132. Royal Blood - Lights Out
131. MUNA - I Know A Place

133 is the highest of the Taylor album tracks from Reputation and rightfully so, this is probably my favourite of hers behind 'Ready For It' & a couple of others, really hoping this gets released as a single <3 p.s. the video above is some random person covering the song as there's none available and wanted to link this one particularly.

Brit Award winners Royal Blood's big comeback single 'Lights Out' is up at 132 with another BJSC entry from MUNA at 131.

Hakan Akkus's 'I Can't Be' is full of nice lyrical passages and was another potential for BJSC for myself in the summer but I decided against it, it's a chilled tune though!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th December 2017, 05:33 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Rob aah

looks like the top 100 won't coming for another couple of days as I've gone very mixed speed with doing 200-101 lol anyway some more?

128. Dagny - Wearing Nothing
127. P!nk - When We Lost It
126. Olivia Holt - Generous
125. Bleachers - Don't Take The Money
124. Julia Michaels - Issues

121. Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor

So many to charge through so I'll make the commentary not so long... Jax Jones latest offering is at 129 featuring vocals from Ina Wroldsen, a big hit next year is certainly on the horizon for this. BJSC entries from Olivia Holt, Mistwives, Dagny, Confidence Man & BJSC winners Bleachers all appear along with an album track from Pink's new album, Julia Michaels big hit 'Issues' isn't so big in my chart placing at 124 & Bruno wants to go all romantic with a very 80's Marvin Gaye esque jam 'Versace On The Floor'

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th December 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Rob aah

119. Diamante - Coming In Hot
118. Studio Killers - Jenny
117. Liam Gallagher - For What It's Worth

Dorothy are one of the bands or artists I sent to BJSC and they have several in my top 225 with the obvious Summericia entry inside the top 100 somewhere, this is also a really good track by them and is my 2nd favourite, it's been featured on a lot of WWE's programming this year too. Onto another rock song and if you don't mind me saying.. 'I LOVE ROCK N ROLL' is exactly what comes to my head when I hear this song.. another potential for BJSC this year which I opted against but still pretty kick ass. BJSC then brings another song to my countdown, Kluminican Republic's groovy 'Jenny' from the Studio Killers, the song is actually from 2013 but due to BJSC entries from this decade being allowed it's featured in here at 118 in 2017!

Liam Gallagher wasn't someone I was holding much interest in solo material from especially going by some of his Beady Eye stuff in the past but to my surprise he released one or two decent singles from his DEBUT Solo Album (which is very hard to believe in 2017) 'For What It's Worth' isn't as sublime as WOG is which is still to come but it's decent for what it's worth (no pun intended kink.gif )

'Get Lost' by Paul Damixie is a huge summer banging dance tune which I almost sent to BJSC... so many songs I didn't go for in the end lmao!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th December 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Rob aah

From earlier this year we have a huge UK Singles Chart top 10 hit from Martin Jensen, 'Solo Dance' did start to grate after a while but for the most part was very catchy and the beginning of the song got to me a lot for some reason, giving them dancefloor emotion vibes!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 21st December 2017, 01:29 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Good Morning, Machine, Breathe and Solo Dance are all great tunes! Especially glad Solo Dance did so well in the charts - just waiting for another single as good from him sad.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 21st December 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Rob aah

113. Tom Fall - Kaamos
112. Thomas Rhett Ft Maren Morris - Craving You
111. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
110. Megan Mckenna - High Heeled Shoes
109. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

Plan B isn't someone I've ever particularly cared for, never got the fuss with 'She Said' at the time although it doesn't sound too bad nowadays when I hear it 'Prayin' was alright I guess but not something I really was interested in either and his other songs I didn't like so this came as a surprise to me 'Heartbeat' is pretty darn good if I must say, typical that the one I'm on board with misses the official top 40 though sleep.gif
FSR Rontvia (Gooddelta) pop up again with trance phenomenom 'Kaamos' by Tom Fall, this did very well for Rich finishing top 10! Thomas Rhett was also entered to BJSC even though he had a few billboard hot 100 hits already under his sleeve last year, 'Craving You' came top 20 in May? Alessia Cara's leftover from last year single 'Scars...' places in at 111. Entering the top 110 and we have reality star and former Celebrity Big Brother star Megan McKenna who shocked us all by releasing a song AND...... was Very good indeed and even more so releasing country music... GO FIGURE!

Ed Sheeran's singing about a 'Galway Girl' at 109. This would have made my top 100 a few weeks back but a lot of newer stuff has crept in besides he's been way overexposed this year so even I'm a bit sick of his domination as already been mentioned but this was pretty good from him and peaked at 2 in March!

Lastly we have another BJSC Entry at 108 from Fishbach 'Un Autre Que Moi' a french pop song that has a irresistible hook in the intro!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 21st December 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Rob aah

Dan sent this trance beaut to victory in BJSC92, very captivating and emotional video

104. Olly Murs Ft Louisa Johnson - Unpredictable
103. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
102. Zara Larrson - I Would Like

[b]In at 106 we have another BJSC hit and a recent one, being sent to the landmark 100th contest... 'Untouchable' by Anathema. Rollo definitely wins the award for best long song sent this year for me, this is lovely and is a couple of years old now. In an unlikely collab we next have Craig David AND Bastille (well Dan from Bastille) at 105 who's newest song 'I Know You' only came out a few weeks back but isn't too far off making the top 100. This is easily my favourite of Craigs material since his comeback, who knew these two artists would work so well together ;o

Olly Murs only real hit this year came in the form of 'unpredictable' and was a standalone Olly track until Spring time when X Factor 2015 champ Louisa Johnson was couped in to record some vocals, this proved mild success scraping the top 40 but not getting too far up. Kelly Clarkson came back with new music this year and whilst I liked 'Love So Soft' at first... it did seem to fade a little away from the standard of Kelly's usually high quality of lead singles and the song didn't at all well either. It's one I haven't really gone back to much and I often really have a urge to either however I do like it for it is and she does give it some welly, 'Move You' is featuring in my top 100 as that really hit me recently after not listening to it for months!

Zara larrson's 'I Would Like' was starting to become a hit at the tail end of last year and would have fared much better than a 102 position had it been released in one year and in decent enough time to be higher up my countdown but it's split year dominance and it mainly being in the chart for like just January leaves trailing outside the top 100. Finally we have Martin Garrix's huge hit with hottest pop star around right now Dua Lipa 'Scared To Be Lonely' just misses out at the unfortunate place of 101!

This post has been edited by Rob S: 21st December 2017, 10:24 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 21st December 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Rob aah

RECAP!

101. Martin Garrix Ft Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely
102. Zara larrson – I Would Like
103. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft
104. Olly Murs & Louisa Johnson – Unpredictable
105. Craig David Ft Bastille – I Know You
106. Anathema - Untouchable
107. Gareth Emery & Standerwick - Saving Light
108. Fishbach – un autre que moi
109. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
110. Megan Mckenna – High Heeled Shoes
111. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautfiul
112. Thomas Rhett Ft Maren Morris – Craving You
113. Tom Fall – Kaamos
114. Plan B – Heartbeat
115. Martin Jensen – Solo Dance
116. Paul Damaxie – Get Lost
117. Liam Gallagher – For What It’s Worth
118. Studio Killers – Jenny
119. Diamente – Coming In Hot
120. Dorothy – Missile
121. Bruno Mars – Versace on the floor
122. Misterwives – Machine
123. Confidence man – Better sit down boy
124. Julia Michaels – Issues
125. Bleachers – Don’t Take my Money
126. Olivia Holt - Generous
127. Pink - When We Lost It
128. Dagny – Wearing Nothing
129. Jax Jones Ft Ina Wroldsen – Breathe
130. Hakan Akkus – I Can’t Be remix
131. MUNA – I Know A Place
132. Royal Blood – Lights Out
133. Taylor Swift – Getaway Car
134. Francesca Michielin - Vulcano
135. Christine & The Queens - iT
136. VUKOVI ~ La Di Da
137. Krewella – Broken Record
138. Hailee Steinfeld – Let me go
139. Maggie Lindemann – Obsessed
140. The Vamps Ft Maggie Lindemann – Personal
141. Grouplove – Good Morning
142. London Grammar – Non Believer
143. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
144. Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
145. Ed Sheeran - perfect
146. Bishop Briggs – River
147. Bastille – World Gone Mad
148. King Plague – Ave Maria
149. OhWonder – Ultralife
150. Mary kaithi – Old Granny
151. Crystal Castles - Concrete
152. Lorde – Writer In The Dark
153. Markus Schulz – Destiny
154. Kygo – Stargazing
155. Tinashe – Flame
156. Julia Wieniewa – Na Zawse
157. Taylor Swift – This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things
158. Chromeo - Jealous (I Ain't With It)
159. Taylor Swift – King of my heart
160. Kesha – Learn to let go
161. JP Cooper – She’s On My Mind
162. ± CΔT - Moon Spells ±
163. Kanita- Don’t Let me go
165. Taylor swift – I did something bad
167. Stormzy Ft MNEK – Blinded By Your Grace part II
169. Sia – Move Your Body
170. Charlie Puth – How Long