BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Bachelor franchise (USA), I know it's been going on forever but it deserves its own thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 12 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #21
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
okay who the hell is gonna start all the drama now that Demi’s gone? Caelynn? One of the Hannah’s? Cassie?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
N-S
post Feb 17 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 816
I'm new to the Bachelor world since the show never aired in my country, let alone had a national adaptation, but I came across this video on my YT recomendations about how to predict the Bachelor/ette winner on week one and I got interested in it. Not only I'm following the current Bachelor season but I've also have been searching and viewing as much of the previous seasons. What it attracted to me was not the heartstrings nor the drama, but rather how the production and the editing build up a narrative. When each season premieres, the producers know the outcome (who won, who caused most drama, who had a meltdown) and will then procede to create a story to engage the public, craft the drama to grab viewers and divide the contestants into frontrunners, villains, maybes/just friends and irrelevants.

For instance, you can see pretty much who will be the frontrunners on week one: they'll have nice music playing when they appear, a good job/background, the lead looks really impressed and will engage on the flirt and the editing will feature them on the right measure - enough to stand them out and make the public root for them but without turning them into obvious choices. Of course there have been exceptions (Courtney Robertson being the prime example) but they're few and far between. Usually if you come out in a crazy custom and there is funny music playing when you show up from the limo or have your first talk with the lead, you're not going far.

Here are some conclusions I've came up to:

- Bachelorette seasons have been better than the Bachelor seasons:
a) Bachelorettes have better track records: 3 of them are still married to their picks (Trista, Ashley, Desiree), 3 of them are still engaged to their picks (JoJo, Rachel, Becca). Plus Kaitlyn and Shawn's three years together is a lot in reality TV years. And I believe that Trista and Ryan's success story in the very first Bachelorette seasons was crucial to the franchise's longevity. Sean Lowe remains the only Bachelor who married his final pick and now there are more Bachelors who ended up marrying their runners-up. (Jason, Arie)
b) Bachelorettes don't backlash as much Bachelors when they become leads: sure Kaitlyn was slutshamed, Rachel got a lot of slack for not choosing Peter and several Bachelorettes ended up in a less favourable light than the ones they had in their Bachelor's seasons. But the male leads have backlashed harder: Jason Mesnick, Jake Pavelka and the two Bens were big fan favourites in their Bachelorette stints (even Juan Pablo was well-regarded!) but then ended up being hated/huge letdowns. There were no efforts to tone down Nick Viall's stamp as the $l*t Bachelor. Colton may be one of the rare Bachelors that may end up being better regarded than they were at the start.
c) The testosterone filled male fights on the Bachelorette are more entertaining than the catty drama of the Bachelor, IMO.
d) Bachelorettes don't screw up the final 2 etiquette: Jen Scheft is the only one who kind of did, whereas several bachelors either didn't propose to anyone or tossed their decision right away.
e) Even though their judgements may sometimes be clouded by lust, the Bachelorettes don't think with their crotch, at least when it matters the most. But there have been some Bachelors who clearly were thinking with two heads when they choose the final winner (Brad/Emily, Ben/Courtney, Ben/Lauren, Nick/Vanessa). Even Ali Fedotowsky, who admitted that she chose Roberto mostly out of lust, was not so obvious about it.

- Don't be a white knight
In every season of the franchise, there's always someone who headbutts with the villain(s) and warns the lead about them. It's a kiss of death as more often than not, even if they're totally right and well-intentioned about it, it will be taken as a sign that you're more dedicated to confront others than in the lead themselves and you won't get far. The frontrunners usually stay outside of the drama or are just involved on it in the final stretch. Examples are way too many.

- Sean Lowe is the unicorn Bachelor.
His season was truly unique, not only because he's the only one to date to ever getting married to the girl he chose on the show, but because he avoided all the curveballs. He was a nice guy without being boring, very attractive without being conceited, religious but still quite open-minded and not at preachy about it. Even his flaws, like being too gullible to Tierra's victim card plays, were entertaining. And I loved how he trolled the rules on week one and gave away 12 first impression roses. And since one of them went to Catherine, he's also the only Bachelor to give a first impression rose to his final pick (as opposed to six Bachelorettes, including the four last ones).
Likewise Catherine was an amazing contestant, sure of herself, drama-free, beautiful yet relatable and geeky, and I loved how the producers built their slowly but surely growing love story in the show. Easily my favorite season of the franchise.
Moreover, this season spawned another success story with Desiree being the following Bachelorette and then marrying Chris.

- The show plays us with ones who got away
Sometimes, especially on the Bachelorette seasons, the producers seem keen on picking this one contestant and portraying him in such an amazing light, that it seems they are the natural favourite and when the lead breaks up with them, it leaves the feeling that they are settling for second best. Sometimes, this trope is used mostly in order not to make the winner so obvious. The prime example of this was Peter on Rachel's season who was shown as having the deepest connection with Rachel, whereas Brian was being edited as a shallow Latin lover who was wooing her out of lust. Of course, time proved that the story was other IRL. Other cases are Brooks Forrester, Luke Pell and in a way, Becca Kuffrin.

- We all know the premise of the show is daft, but it still works.
Of course, it's super ludicrious to go on a show with the real expectation of finding true love on a TV show, where you compete with several other people, travel to exotic locations and end up getting engaged. (And let's not even talk about the crazypants ideas that the producers come up with for the dates!) And nowadays, you can hardly be blamed for wanting to go to the show to pursue goals other than "the right reasons". But even so, even if we know that most of this engagements will fall apart, sometimes even before the season finale is aired, it's still a compelling watch.
Plus there are a few success stories (10 at the moment, including Bachelor In Paradise) and we can take seven Jakes/Viennas or Bens/Courtneys, if we get one more Trista/Ryan or Sean/Catherine.

As for the current Colton Underwood season, I'm finding her very entertaining pretty much the best since Sean Lowe's. Not so much because of Colton (sometimes even in spite of Colton) but due to the overall package and good casting (Demi is iconic, Cassie and Hannah G. are endlessly swoonable, Caelynn's story was touching and the show dealt with it perfectly and Hannah Alabama is hilarious). And of course the latest male lead seasons have been letdowns (Juan Pablo is trash, Ben H was vanilla, Corinne pretty much made Nick's season, Chris's season was okay-ish and Arie was boring, then tainted by Lauren-gate). I will talk more in detail about my thoughts on the current season after the finale.

This post has been edited by N-S: Feb 17 2019, 06:47 PM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 17 2019, 07:28 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I’d say we had several contenders this season who qualify as the white knights: Courtney, Tracy, Onyeka, Nicole, Hannah B. to an extent

The other thing that I’ve been taking into account now with predictions is whether or not the edits make them seem like Bachelor In Paradise fodder. Like with Rachel’s season, I didn’t envision Peter going to Paradise but, did with the likes of Dean/Eric/Diggy. It’s those who have had significant plots revolves around them in the earlier stages yet make it to hometowns bc drama purposes. I drifted towards Cassie as my winner pick because my previous one (Hannah B.) seemed to have more drama revolved around her, which makes her and Caelynn prime choices for Paradise.

I remember last Monday after the episode when I was checking social media. Pretty much everyone is expecting Demi to rule Paradise. Time will tell if that’s true.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 19 2019, 10:03 PM
Post #24
Group icon
THE BACHELOR SEASON 23 EPISODE 7: THE NITTY GRITTY

SO MUCH DRAMA LAST WEEK. We still have a whole month left! How will the chaos affect Colton and the girls, and will there be a fence jump at last?

-

They’re heading back to Denver, which means it’s cold climate date time! A lot of the girls feel somewhat safe, but the departures of Sydney and Katie have brewed some concerns, and none of them don’t really know where Colton’s head is at.

Next week is hometowns. GEEZ. Ben Higgins comes by to give Colton some advice. Not necessarily the best person considering how many Bachelor spin-offs he’s been in. :’)

Colton then announces at a park with his dog that there are roses on every single date and that the current date is starting right now.

One-On-One #1: Tayshia

None of the girls seem too happy about that. Maybe it’s just the competition talking.

This entire date is a trip around Downtown Denver with his dog. Honestly I’m more into Viper than I am with the couple, especially during the ice cream session.

The two of them get Shirley Temples at a local restaurant and Colton vents to Tayshia about his problems. Sydney, Demi and Katie have warned him about people who aren’t ready, and goes straight to Tayshia for some answers. She recalls that there were some girls who don’t seem genuine - namely Cassie and Caelynn, who she thinks are already talking about the next Bachelorette. He reiterates a 10th time in the span of three weeks that his worst fear with being the Bachelor is that whoever ends up with the final rose by the end of this won’t reciprocate the love Colton is feeling.

They’re cooking for their dinner date! Cute.

One-on-One #1 Dinner Date Highlights:
• Colton had fun, yadda yadda yadda, and he wants to know if her family would be comfortable with them. Tayshia explains that her last breakup was hard on her family and her dad built a wall as a result.
• Colton explains that his philosophy is that he can’t propose without a father’s blessing.

The first golden ticket to hometowns goes to...

One-On-One Rose #1: Tayshia

Colton seems pumped up to meet her dad, and the date ends with her wearing his jersey. He explains that he’s falling for Tayshia and that he sees her at the end of this journey.

-

One-on-One Date #2: Caelynn
“Meet me in the Rockies.” - Colton.

Well this should be interesting. Now that Tayshia has supposedly spilled the beans, how will Caelynn react?

-

The American Rockies. Cold, rocky, and breathing feels like 20 pound weights on your heart. Yes that was an exaggeration. But will their conversations be exaggerated?

The two go snowboarding, and while they had fun, there’s still that lingering fear.

BAM. Colton drops the bomb. He reveals that Tayshia revealed that there were certain people who were already discussing the next Bachelorette season, and Caelynn’s name came up. She’s SHOOK. She explains that she sees a future with them, which only confuses Colton. He’s concerned on why someone would be lying and going up to him up front. HAVE YOU SEEN THE PAST SEASONS?!?! There’s always a white knight. Meanwhile Caelynn is furious that someone would slander her name like that.

Honestly these bachelors need to be put into sequester and watch previous seasons so they can see what they’re up against. Anything but Arie’s and Juan Pablo’s seasons would do. (And maybe Jason Mesnick as well)

Group Date One-On-Ones:
• Caelynn comes into the date confused and distraught because now that Colton has all these doubts, she feels that she’s going home tonight.
• Colton’s about to lose his mind. He wants to be ready and he wants the relationship to be ready. He can’t do that if he doesn’t know what to do.
• Caelynn wants to reiterate how much she loves him and sees a future for him, and it scares her that it could all be taken from her because of hearsay.
• Colton wants her to know that he wants to show her parents that he’ll be there for her and that whatever she went through only made her stronger.

Colton makes this grand speech about how he’s falling in love with her. Like OF COURSE she isn’t leaving!

One-On-One Date Rose #2: Caelynn

And that’s another rose for hometowns down. The date ends with a private concert by Brett Young.

-

One-On-One Date #3: Hannah B.
“Home is where the heart is.” - Colton.

WAIT A SEC. Is this where she meets his parents?

-

Meanwhile, Caelynn relays to Cassie that Tayshia told Colton that neither of them were ready for marriage. Ooh more drama. Tayshia explains that in her conversation with Katie and others, they came to a consensus that it was those two who weren’t ready. Caelynn feels blindsided, while Tayshia feels concerned for Colton. He looks to break down any second.

Yep. Hannah is meeting the parents for this one-on-one. This is a shock. They normally don’t do this until final 3. That makes me concerned. She’s really excited about meeting his family.

He discusses the show with his dad, and he vents to him about the previous week, along with Tayshia and Caelynn’s one-on-one’s. His dad tells him that he needs to trust his gut and that he shouldn’t second guess himself like he has been doing all season.

“At this point I’ve been doing a very good job at trusting my gut” yeah okay. You’ve been scared out of your mind since Elyse left.

One-On-One Date Dinner Highlights:
• They’re in an airplane hangar. That’s new.
• Hannah respects her family a lot and loved that she got to meet them.
• She has a ton of passion for this relationship but he’s scared about everything still.

Yeah. Colton just had to look in the mirror to see if he was ready rather than ask everyone else if they were ready. Hannah B. understands and she wouldn’t want that for herself.

So Hannah wasn’t confirmed for hometowns and was actually sent home. Colton is more distraught that she has opened up to him and was ready... but he wasn’t, and he felt that she didn’t deserve that.

-

Group Date:
1. Hannah G.
2. Kirpa
3. Cassie
4. Heather
“Saying goodbye isn’t always easy.” - Colton

There are four girls in this group date, and two more roses to give out for hometowns. There’s so much at stake. The five of them take a train ride and head for their location. Colton wants to be ready for them, but at the same time they should be ready for him.

Looks like we’re getting into one-on-ones right away.

Heather almost immediately tells him that she’s not ready to take him into his hometown and is ready to let him go. Colton sympathizes and respect her decision. One girl down, one left to go.

Now we get to Kirpa and Cassie’s conversation. Kirpa doesn’t feel that she’s ready after all the stuff with Katie.

During his one-on-one with Cassie, he’s worried about her commitment and if he does say goodbye to her, would he be ready for the blowback? He tells her the same story he told Caelynn, and Cassie takes it even harder. She really wants to bring him to his family. And that breaks Colton because he doesn’t want to see her upset.

Kirpa wants to tell him what Katie told her and echo her concerns. Apparently this stemmed from them getting defensive because of Colton’s speech. And that seemed fishy.

This leads to a fight between Cassie and Kirpa. The latter believes that Colton’s heart is on the line and that he trusts Katie enough to take this to heart. Cassie thinks she’s desperate.

Lol. Katie left and served us the rest of the drama this season.

-

There are two roses left to give out. But he wants to save them for the evening and resume their conversations from there. Ooh foreshadowing a cocktail party.

-

Okay, so it’s not a cocktail party. But it’s dinner and he wants to dive into this with more clarity than before. The first person up is Hannah. All they hear through the awkward silence is Hannah’s giggles. Colton walks through the door, grabs a rose, and disappears.

Group Date Rose #1: Hannah G.

So it’s between Kirpa and Cassie now.

Colton commends Kirpa for her candor and she’s glad that she trusts him. Meanwhile we see a silhouette walking to the door.

Nope. It’s just Caelynn walking up to the rooftop. She feels that this is a huge decision for him and continues to reiterate that she feels that everything said was all fabricated. Meanwhile the tension between the other two is so thick that you can cut through it with a knife.

Colton tells the two that he should trust his gut. And his gut tells him that the last rose goes to...

Group Date Rose #2: Cassie

Unfortunately it’s Kirpa who gets the Evan treatment. Not many parting words but she’s said all that she said.

So it’s Cassie, Caelynn, Tayshia and Hannah G. going to hometowns.

-

Next Week: Hometowns! Which means we’re getting closer to the final rose and the Women Tell All. I wonder what is going through their dads’ minds. Also no sign of a fence jump just yet.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 19 2019, 10:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 21 2019, 11:34 PM
Post #26
Group icon

Jared & Ashley sound off on the Caelynn/Cassie vs the house drama!

-

I personally don’t think it’s that deep. Caelynn and Cassie were getting pretty defensive during scenes of them together and the latter said “I hope my words don’t get twisted”. This means that there was a conversation going on, it just might not be the one Tayshia and Kirpa think it is or Katie misinterpreted and something went wrong during that game of telephone. There’s a lot of gossip that goes around in the house (it’s a reality show, duh), and a lot could have happened in between Sydney/Demi leaving and that rose ceremony in Vietnam. The problem is unlike Big Brother, there’s no way for us to know until the Women Tell All.

What leads me towards her side is that little conversation before Hannah B’s one-on-one and the fact that this isn’t the first time girls in the house have said something about Caelynn not being here for the right intentions. What leads me to go against Tayshia is the lack of evidence and the fact that at this point, Caelynn is the easiest target. Demi’s gone, and Hannah B didn’t even make it past that one-on-one despite editing making us believe that she’s not ready. Who’s the person left who has been in the most drama? Caelynn. I think Cassie’s intentions are clear and that she is very much in love with Colton, but I also don’t think she’s as ready as she seems. She’s currently in grad school and that takes so much focus since she’s a speech pathologist. They could get engaged but at the same time it might turn into a Rachel/Peter situation where reality hits faster than you might think.

The only outlier in this is Hannah G. She’s pretty much stayed in her own lane but has witnessed a lot of the drama unfold, from the pageant queens fighting to the Demi drama that seemed to involve half of the cast. While I don’t think that’s her personality type, at this point the season has taken the “white knight” theory and nuked it, so it won’t be long before Colton asks her about the drama and she cracks because “he appreciates honesty”.

In my opinion, the only person to blame for all of this is Colton. He’s made it clear that he wants someone who challenges him, is honest, and loves adventure. At the same time he’s made it clear that he’s not good at trusting his gut. He’s doing his best to listen (I mean who can blame him? He’s a very empathetic person), but at the same time he’s taking the gossip and the fights waaaay too much into heart, and he probably doesn’t want to be another Bachelor relationship fail. He knows something’s up but he’s way too scared to even act on it. Most of the girls who had that initiative are gone.

I’ve seen a comment that Hannah B. returns and meets Colton in his hotel since he’s going to Hannah G.’s hometown, drops a bomb on him, and that’s what causes the fence jump. There are three major scenes left that were shown on the super trailer but haven’t been aired yet: someone hugging Colton while he bawls (Tayshia probably?), one where Colton talks about how he puts himself out there and gets rejected, and of course, the fence jump, which immediately after cuts to Hannah B. saying “what just happened?” The only times she could have said that were during the pool party (she was too angry about Caelynn talking shit about her) and the rose ceremonies in Asia (but what she was wearing didn’t look like a cocktail party dress). So Hannah B. might be the missing link to what causes the fence jump.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 26 2019, 07:01 AM
Post #27
Group icon
THE BACHELOR SEASON 23 EPISODE 8: NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Four girls left. Which means it’s time for hometowns. Remember when Colton got rejected after hometowns? Oh well. It’s a new dawn, new day, new opportunity to jump the fence.

-

Caelynn’s Hometown: Fredericksburg, VA

??? I thought she was from North Carolina? So apparently their form of transportation is a horse drawn carriage, which is cute, but you can clearly see CARS. Colton wants a relationship that’s tender and one where he would want to start a family.

Colton asks about Caelynn’s family... just to be prepared. Her biological father isn’t a part of her life at all, and it’s mainly her mom and stepfather.

A couple hours later, next to the river from Bird Box...

Caelynn and Colton meet the family in a nice, large barbecue. It’s really cute to see stepdad John rave about how Caelynn changed him for the better. However, he’s still pretty hesitant about the whole “marriage” thing because Colton’s still meeting three other families (hello?! Have you WATCHED the show? You should at least have known what your step-daughter was getting into), and he wants to know if his intentions are sincere.

Caelynn’s sister also has those same reservations. During their talk, she queried that she told him about the incident and that revealing that helped build their relationship. Still nothing from her sister.

Mama Miller-Keyes talks to Colton for a bit, and he talks about their bond and what they went through (which is mostly last week). Meanwhile Caelynn and her stepdad have a heart to heart, and Papa John kinda misinterprets how she conveys the relationship. “It sounds like you guys are just friends” lol. She sweet talks him for a bit, and he starts tearing up.

Next up is stepdad John and Colton. Colton says that they said their “I love you”s but at the same time knows that there needs to be the time to help develop those relationships after the process. He then pops the question: will he have the blessing? John tells him to promise to build this marriage based on the foundation of love, and then gives their blessing.

More sentimental talking heads come out while they watch a slideshow of Caelynn’s life, and then it’s time to say their goodbyes to the family. Caelynn says that she’s confident that she’s in love with him, and the two share a kiss. Apparently it’s the talk with the family that helped spark things.

-

Hannah G.’s hometown: Birmingham, AL

Turns out both Hannah’s live in the same state. What does country Barbie have in store in one of the birthplaces of bigotry?

Honestly I’m glad that Hannah gets all this screentime to herself because it would give the audience a taste of her personality. In the spirit of southern hospitality, she has the brilliant idea for Colton to take an etiquette class. I feel like I’m in a way different world. The bread scene was bizarre. However, the best advice for Colton is to just be his normal awkward self.

And now it’s time to meet he parents with flowers. Hannah pines about how much her family’s approval means to her. If they approve of Colton, it’s just one step closer to fantasy suites.

She gets her cousins and friends together for some girl chat and advice. They’re all pretty excited and can find the chemistry, but they’re worried about the commitment. I mean, they know the show. They know fantasy suites are coming up and he could lose his virginity on that day.

Meanwhile, the Colton-to-dad talk is pretty tense. Once again, the dad doesn’t know about the process (or at least is somewhat aware but dad instincts take over). He pops the question, and Hannah’s dad is a bit shocked. However, he sees how happy they are together and gives him his blessing.

Meanwhile, Hannah and Mama Godwin get together and talk things out, and they’re cautiously optimistic about the whole ordeal. She tells Hannah to listen to her heart and her gut and to make sure that whatever she does, she’s prepared for what happens. Let’s see how much better she is at this than Colton...

The two of them talk about how exciting it was to meet the parents, and finally share their “I love you”s. Hannah’s ecstatic about how she shared her feelings and how great it was to get her family’s approval.

-

Tayshia’s hometown: Santa Ana, CA

Welcome to Orange County! Sunny, bright, and only 2-3 hours away from where I live! Tayshia talks about how their relationship is build on trust, so she blindfolds him to see if he trusts her. She takes him to an airplane hangar, and Colton’s eyes nearly jut out of their sockets.

SKYDIVING. There’s actually a skydiving center around 20 minutes from where I live. There’s a bit of scares (the zoom in on the sign that said “propellers rip off heads” was hilarious). Tayshia seems pretty excited, Colton feels like he’s gonna die. Well... the adrenaline rush really got to them and they share a kiss. Colton still can’t feel his legs.

After the date, the two of them talk about how they push each other to jump higher and face their fears. Tayshia wants him to feel comfortable because the worst was yet to come - she had only brought one guy home, and it was her ex-husband. So getting her parents’ approval means so much.

It’s time for Colton to face the music for a third time. He thinks her parents may be a bit apprehensive about Tayshia diving into another marriage but who knows? Papa Adams is especially hesitant since they have experienced a divorce, but Colton is confident in his feelings and gives the same speech he gave the last two times. Tayshia leaves with her mom, Colton leaves with Papa Adams, and her little brother is left sipping tea.

Tayshia’s parents are fearing the same thing: they don’t want to see their daughter get hurt again. Mama Adams is glad to see her daughter glowing. Meanwhile the father... he knows about the show and the ramifications of having to date 30 women in 6 weeks. He thinks the feelings might be going too fast because saying “I love you” at this point might not feel too insincere. What he’s looking for is if Tayshia were to ask if he loves somebody else, that Colton would give an honest answer. For him, marriage is very important and that he only wants to get engaged and married once. It’s about making a Sean Lowe success story.!Then he pops the question.

Papa Adams is a bit taken aback and wants to think about it for a second. Colton’s scared because he wants to marry Tayshia, but getting her father’s blessing is very important.

Tayshia and her dad have a heart to heart about Colton’s intentions and how the wounds of her past relationships affected the system. What her dad is scared of is that he’s not sincere enough and he might only be telling her what she wants to hear. She’s still willing to take the risk, since their relationship has been all about taking risks, and she’s confident in their love especially after such a hard time. Papa Adams felt more relieved that Tayshia’s happy after the conversation, and it was enough for him to say yes to giving Colton his blessing.

Colton’s more relieved because he knows he can move forward now with the blessing, and Tayshia is proud to see that he had managed to break down her family’s walls.

-

Cassie’s hometown: Huntington Beach, CA

Can’t spell Cassie without CA. The date starts off in the beach, and she’s ecstatic to see him. The two of them are going surfing for this date, and she’s giving lessons. Maybe it’s symbolic on how Colton’s scared if Cassie could ride the wave with him?

...Colton is not a surfer. It’s been wipeout after wipeout and I’m scared that he could hurt himself badly. After the date, he’s a bit skeptical about how Cassie feels because she’s the only person who hasn’t said the dreaded three words. Could he wipe out from this wave? We’ll just have to see.

The family meeting was full of screams with the father being reasonably intense. Papa Randolph thinks that he seems... nice. Decent. I’m guessing that the family is very aware of how the show works. When they’re asked about how they feel about each other, they get some broad answers. Colton knows how he feels, but he doesn’t know where he stands with Cassie.

Cassie is a bit scared about saying “I love you” and she doesn’t want to say it unless she’s sure that he’s the one. Her sister starts to cry and thinks that she doesn’t deserve anything less than “the one”.

Colton talks with her mom and she feels that there is so much chemistry with each other. He’s definitely sure about his feelings. He’s been sure about his feelings since Day 1. Colton’s aware that she hasn’t said it back but he wants to give her the time to think about it.

Cassie and her dad have a bit of a talk and while she pleads her case, he’s still wrapped around the fact that he’s still dating three other girls. He wants to know if Cassie is for sure going to choose him if he does choose her. He needs to let her know that they’re not rushing into things. I mean, she’s only 23. Papa Randolph is aware of the process (is literally everyone skeptical about something that has been going on for 23 seasons???) but he cares about his daughter’s happiness.

Colton pleads his case to Cassie’s father and that he sees a future with her. The first wave. He promises him that he can protect her and cherish her to the best of his ability and that he wants to be able to get down on one knee. The second wave. And then he pops the question. There’s the obligatory three seconds of awkward silence and then he wants to tell him that there needs to be more time to help develop that relationship.

A wipe-out.

Colton’s a bit disappointed that he didn’t get a firm yes, but he wants to get to Cassie if she has her shit together. She’s still not confident in sharing those “I love you”s but she doesn’t want this feeling to end. Colton’s gotten zero clarity in this post meeting.

-

Another rose ceremony is taking place. Still looking for any sign of fences.
• Hannah G feels good about her meeting but she’s aware about the other three hometowns. She’s done a pretty good job with staying in her own lane.
• Tayshia has been making long strides and is sure about her feelings.
• Caelynn finally told him that he loved her and she’s scared that this rose ceremony would be the decision if he reciprocates or not.
• Cassie’s in a tough spot. She didn’t really say how she felt back home and she doesn’t know where his head is at.

And then Colton comes in. He’s a nervous wreck (like every other week) and he hates that he has to say goodbye to someone he loves. But he has to follow his heart. It’s about time.

First to get a rose is... Hannah!
Next to get a rose is... Tayshia!

Two expected choices. It’s down to Caelynn and Cassie.

The last rose goes to...

Cassie!

And it’s bye bye to the last other pageant queen. But not before a bit of a talk outside.

He’s a bit distraught with having to say goodbye to Caelynn. She’s sad and feeling like boo boo the fool for thinking that it was going to go all the way. She begins to sob into Colton’s arms. But man, what a way to go. She was shocked and blindsided by the entire thing, and most importantly she’s heartbroken.

Goodbye Caelynn, you will be missed. We’ll be ready to see you soon.

Colton needs to talk to Chris about something but let’s go to the bigger picture: Fantasy Suites are coming up. Could he lose his virginity then? We’ll see.

NEXT WEEK: On Monday, It’s Fantasy Suites time! He could be losing his virginity. But we’ll see what happens with the three then. It’s not like they’ll kiss and tell. And finally, it’s the moment we have all been waiting for: at long last, IT’S FENCE JUMP TIME.

And on Tuesday, it’s the Women Tell All. The rejects are back to spill the tea and dish the dirt. Will Onyeka and Nicole patch things up? How will Demi react to being called the best villain since Corinne Olympios? And will Hannah B’s teased talk with Colton be revealed?

+Quote this post
N-S
post Feb 27 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Cassie
Pros: She's the one to whom Colton has been the most attracted to since pretty much the start, the biggest physical chemistry, exhudes the beautiful girl next door vibe, had the perfect winner editing (aka the Becca editing) until week 7
Cons: Too young/not mature enough to be engaged, her indecision on the last episode, not much shown as it should of a deeper emotional connection between them as one would expect by now, may have had other reasons to get in the show

Hannah G.
Pros: Great chemistry with Colton, got the first impression rose, stayed away from all the drama, seems to have good personality, seems mature enough for her age
Cons: For a frontrunner, the show has shown very little of her, we still do not know enough about personality or about her connection with Colton other than the making out as we should by now, Lauren B. editing.

Tayshia
Pros: We've seen more of Colton's not-just-physical connection with her than with the other two, mature, more life experienced
Cons: Sometimes they have this friend rather than lover vibe, out of Colton's dating comfort zone (Cassie and Hannah are safer choices for him), her tattling in week 7 was off-putting

I wonder if they cut out the Hannah B. footage of this episode because she's now being heavily tipped to become the next Bachelorette (whereas until now Caelynn has been edited on the show as the most likely one). Thus far she had been edited to look crazy/weird and Caelynn as the level-headed one that viewers should root for, but somehow the public is now responding better to Hannah B. than to Caelynn. So if the producers are now rolling with that tide, they had that footage cut out - which they were clearly intending to show- because it would probably make Hannah B.'s image look worse.

This post has been edited by N-S: Feb 27 2019, 07:36 PM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 27 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Hannah B is like Haleigh from BB20. The public seems to hate both of them but then love them by the end of their respective seasons. Meanwhile I stan both of them the entire time and laugh when the fans act like they're Boo Boo The Fool

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 5 2019, 06:03 AM
Post #30
Group icon
HE JUMPED THE FENCE

F*CKING FINALLY

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 7 2019, 06:42 PM
Post #31
Group icon
THE BACHELOR SEASON 23 EPISODE 9: THE LAST STRAW

We just had Caelynn go home. Fantasy suites are coming up. And of course the fence jump. Will Colton snap?

-

After a lengthy talk with Chris (which was somewhat awkward, hmmm foreshadowing?) Colton talks to the girls about Fantasy Suites and their respective dates. He drops the bomb that they will be traveling to Portugal for this week, the last international date before the final two meet his family.

For Tayshia, their relationship has been about exploration and being daring. She thinks Fantasy Suites could be another step closer to exploring more of that.

For Cassie, it’s about feeling comfortable around him. However, during hometowns, she discovered that the waters were more murky than she expected. She hopes that whatever is planned for Fantasy Suites will help her get into the right head space to explore more of those feelings. But didn’t you just say you were sure about your relationship with Colton two weeks ago?

And finally Hannah. She got the first impression rose, it really boosted her confidence, and that’s what their relationship has been built on.

-

Tayshia’s Overnight Date:

She’s hopeful that this date will add to a list of firsts that they have experienced together. Colton promises that she should feel magical... which leads to his second helicopter date.

Colton talks about how impressed he was that he and Tayshia had such a strong connection from the beginning and that he was falling in love with her. Their helicopter trip ends at a castle-like villa on the edge of a cliff, and they have a little picnic by the ocean.

They talk about her hometown visit and how it meant so much that Tayshia’s dad gave Colton his blessing. She’s thankful that their relationship and the show has encouraged the both of them to travel to new places and try new things. Colton wants to put all expectations aside and is looking forward to that private time.

During dinner, it’s clear that the two of them are nervous. Colton has had reservations about a lot of things, especially intimacy, and exploring new things has helped him with gearing up for it. Tayshia reveals that she also waited until marriage to have sex and that honesty and communication should be key. She then reveals that her husband had an affair and that it’s shown her all those things. They share their appreciation of each other and then read their Fantasy Suite envelope. There’s not really much shown other than exploring the suite, popping a few bottles, and of course a make out session.

The morning after, the two of them revealed that they enjoyed the privacy. She reveals that they didn’t have sex, but it was having intimate moments beyond sex that were more important because it showed Colton’s vulnerability.

This is part of the reason why I love Colton as The Bachelor. He’s a prime example of why toxic masculinity in this age is fickle. There’s been this expectation that he’s a virgin and that he’ll lose that after Fantasy Suites, but there’s much more to him than his sex life. He’s vulnerable, sensitive and gentle, and he’s not afraid to show that to the world. He also provides so much insight into intimacy and attraction.

-

Cassie’s Overnight Date:

Colton pulls up in a nice sports car to pick up Cassie at their hotel. The two of them head up to Tavira for lunch but he keeps saying he “hopes” he can get there with Cassie. They have a nice lunch and go to some shops for souvenirs, then go out to experience the culture and landscape. In a talking head, Colton mentions that live is something that isn’t forced, and that spending time with Cassie has helped develop that type of love, even though she hasn’t heard those words yet. Cassie mentions that the relationship has been very easy and comfortable, but wishes that there was more time to help develop it.

It’s very clear that Cassie hasn’t been herself since hometowns. As in the Cassie that we saw defending herself to Kirpa two weeks ago isn’t the same Cassie we see now. They bring up hometowns and Colton mentions that he hopes that there’s more of an understanding between him and Cassie’s family. They both agreed that their talk with Papa Randolph was the hardest, and that commitment was brought up a lot. He then relays to Cassie that he didn’t get her father’s blessing, which Cassie is taken aback by. Her father told the both of them that there wasn’t enough time. Cassie is even more confused than ever. She trusts her family but she felt so sure before that she was falling in love with him before.

And... the first shock this episode comes. Cassie’s dad has flown all the way from Cali to Portugal to talk to her... and get some more insight on this relationship. Like how much is Cassie into him? Cassie tells him that her relationship with Colton needed more time but she also didn’t want that to be over. Her dad tells her to tell him how she really feels about the relationship and let the chips fall where they may.

Yeah. Like that’s gonna go well.

This night could end up being the most dramatic night in Bachelor history. Cassie prepares for dinner, as does Colton. Eagle-eyed viewers will spot the red scarf that he wears for the fence jump.

THAT’S RIGHT. THE FENCE JUMP IS HAPPENING THIS EPISODE.

They make a toast for this intimate dinner and it goes somewhat smoothly. Cassie mentions that she wants Colton to have the relationship he wants to have, and she’s not sure if she can give him what he wants. It’s just 30 minutes of how she’s confused. Colton asks if she came with the intent of leaving. She nods, thinking that she can’t get to where he is with her.

After storming out because she felt that she was second guessing herself, she’s become more confused than ever. He urges her to calm down and talk things out. One last ditch effort to help mend things. He tells her that it’s hard for him to go on dates with other women when she’s all he thinks about. She asks him if he had been sure about an engagement from the get go, and he reassures her that it’s okay to take time and there doesn’t need to be an engagement at the end of this. A second bomb. That’s something unprecedented in the Bachelor routine.

Cassie has been overthinking the entire thing and I think a lot of it comes from hometowns. Her family wants her to be happy. At the same time, she’s shown that she’s easily impressionable and that her dad may have caused a lot of that inner conflict and chaos.

As he continues to profess his love for her, he starts shaking. You can both see and hear the outpouring of emotion because he’s afraid of losing her because of inner conflict. It’s like all of his fears have finally come true. He’s willing to give her the time and space that she needs to help figure this out, and then she lets out that she can’t handle the time sensitive pressure the process has created. And thus, Cassie decides that she’s rather go than put her and Colton through more stress and turmoil than they already are. All they want is what’s best for each other. Cassie believes that she wants Colton to have someone who will reciprocate the love he will give. Right before they go their separate ways, she asks him if he’s mad, which he denies. Colton retreats back to his room, while Cassie talks about how she feels bad about how it went down.

And then, the moment we’ve all been waiting for. He shoves the cameraman, throws his mic out and starts walking out. One of the producers calls for Chris, who tries to urge Colton to come back. And then, take off.

Chris and the producers can’t really see much from the dark Portuguese countryside. They don’t know where he went nor do they know what’s gonna happen next.

-

We were FED, y’all, but that’s only the first course. Women Tell All write up coming soon!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 13 2019, 04:38 AM
Post #32
Group icon
GLLSJAKAJFJADKSKSJDJ HANNAH B IS THE BACHELORETTE OMGGGGGGG

To think that she was so close to going home Week 2 and now she’s the Bachelorette THAT IS GROWTH

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 13 2019, 04:50 AM
Post #33
Group icon
First Five Guys - First Impressions:

Luke: He’s well spoken and he’s so smitten.
Dustin: lmao he went for the toast gag I’m SCREAMING. He did pretty well. She thinks he did much better in the toast.
Cam: HE RAPPED. I have a feeling he’s the Evan of this season.
Connor: HE MADE A STOOL FOR HANNAH SO THAT SHE CAN BE AS TALL AS HIM MY GOD
...another Luke?: Hannah B. feels Luke S.’s pain of another contestant with the same name. The “go down” joke was a bit weird. The two Lukes are probably gonna be great friends (brains & brawn)

And Chris is offering Hannah the opportunity to hand out a rose already tongue.gif I think they’re joking and they’re gonna give it to someone in the audience.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 13 2019, 06:46 AM
Post #34
Group icon
since my ass is messy I managed to get the first five guys on Instagram. just waiting until idol live shows for their accounts to be public tho

Luke Parker
Dustin Kendrick
Cam Ayala
Connor Saeli
Luke Stone

Tune back in on May 13 where I will likely stan Connor bc OOF

+Quote this post
N-S
post Mar 13 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
What I hated about this season

THE POOR EDITING OF THE FRONTRUNNERS
Usually in every season, you expect to see the contestants that early on are being portrayed as frontrunners to build a huge connection with the lead, so the viewers can ship their relationship. Yes, we see them in full PDA mode with the lead, but we also see them bonding, having deep conversations and so on. But with Cassie and Hannah G., I feel like we hadn't seen barely anything about their relationship with Colton other than the making out. And obviously there must have been so much more going on, if we got to this outcome where Colton is so lovestruck by Cassie that he sent the show's rules out of the window and where Hannah G. was left so heartbroken, that you could tell that she was still hurt even after all these months.
In Cassie's case, you know that this is the girl that Bachelor ends up choosing in the end, and all you show them is pretty much them making out on the beach? Not even a moment of strong bonding, not a splash of them establishing a connection beyond the kissing and flirting, when obviously there must have been much more to them. And even if like the most skeptical state, that she was never that into him, even her undecisiveness and cold feet could have been shown in a better way.
Hannah G.'s case is even worse when it came to editing as she does have a mature, well-rounded personality yet she was pretty much shown just being there looking pretty. And once again, so much more must have happened between her and Colton.
Tayshia was the only finalist whose relationship edit with Colton was more diverse, from them bonding over extreme experiences in their dates to her opening about her past marriage.

CONNOR LACKED MATURITY
I liked Colton as The Bachelor and I'll state what I liked about him later on, but he also had some flaws. I just think that he wasn't in the right place in his life that he was mature enough, let alone ready for marriage and when he said he was, it felt as he was talking himself into it. Plus, he was feeling the pressure of being a good Bachelor especially since the last two were polarizing (to say the least) choices and by trying too hard to live up to that pressure, that some of his true self was getting lost along the way until all came crashing down at the finale. At least, it all ended up in what is a better scenario for him: dating someone without being pressured by engagement.
He also lacked the maturity to handle better the drama, most of the time, he would just freak out about it instead of setting the record straight (which is something that usually Bachelorettes do much better than Bachelors).

COURTNEY AND ONYEKA
Not only they were both so annoying, these girls totally signed up for the wrong show, they should have applied for Big Brother or Bad Girls Club, and neither seemed to care a lot for Colton. And although Onyeka was insufferable, I don't side with Nicole as well, as she didn't do herself any favourites either in the situation.

EARLY DEPARTURES FROM WEEK 1 STANDOUTS
Catherine, the night 1 villain. Bri, the fake Australian accent. Erika McNutt with her bag of nuts, "the sound of da poliss" remark when Tracy arrived in a police car and her relief for not buying the same dress that Heather and other girl were wearing on the first night. And yet they all were gone on week 3, especially when we finally found something interesting about Catherine.

KIRPA'S EDITING TREATMENT
Other girl that the show's editing did dirt was Kirpa. I mean, in other seasons, they focused so much in dubious accents (Tierra, Kelsey) and she had a real accident you don't even bother to focus on that, leaving everybody wondering why the hell she has a band-aid on her chin? Not to mention that until then she pretty much getting unnoticed, and as it turned out she did have a relevant role in the season.

What I loved about this season

COLTON REDEFINING MASCULINITY
Nevermind his virginity, there were quite a few things about Colton that in this world plagued by toxic masculinity that would cause for his manliness to be questioned. Therefore, I loved how Colton wasn't fazed by all that questioning, and was comfortable with being himself without worrying about looking bad, silly, cringy or less manly. There's something powerful about someone like him doing that: proving that being virgin, oversensitive, scardycat and whatever is not mutually exclusive of being a man.
He was also a great sport handling all the jokes and running gags and, apart from a couple of cases, he acted as caring and compassionate to all the girls.

DEMI
She was more of a firestarter than an actual villain. Yes, she could be too aggressive, overboard and inconvenient, but she was never truly at wrong in wherever situation she was involved. Courtney and Tracy have much more themselves to blame. In fact, Demi was never fake and owned up to everything she did, right or wrong. And who would have thought that her breakup with Colton could be so heartbreaking? She'll definitely rule in Paradise.

CAELYNN'S SEXUAL ATTACK STORY WAS HANDED PERFECTLY
That story has shown exactly the way it should be: accurate, poignant and devoided of artificial drama and heartstrings. And you know how easily this could be tainted. Kudos to everybody involved in this: Caelynn, Colton, the production, the editing.

THE FENCE JUMP LIVED UP TO THE HYPE
It's easy for shows like this to make something dramatic much more important that actually us (a contestant getting medical treatment/having blood on their face, a contestant histerically crying like they were eliminated, a loud altercation between the contestants and/or with the lead) but this time, the fence jump was really the pivotal moment of the season.

What I'm looking forward to see on Hannah Brown's Bachelorette season:

- More of her athletic side: Hannah is known to be passionate about boxing and excelled at all the physical challenges of Colton's season, so I'm expecting to see several sporty/physical challenges for her and her suitors.
- More of her vulnerable side: I hope to see her talk about her imperfections, raising awareness that her problems are far more common than one would like to think and you just can't sweep under the rug or find a magical solution, it's a lifelong struggle. Like Colton, I hope she doesn't grip to an idea of what people expect her to be as a Bachelorette and get all pageant patty, but instead that we see the good, the bad, the ugly and the lovely about her - and that one of the guys see her throught that.
- Personal growth: starting with an awkward, nervous Hannah like we saw last night and gradually building more confidence, knowing that she is worthy of love by some in this range of guys.
- As well as a few guys that can be great matches for Hannah, I'm hoping to see hot guys that can be great hookup matches in Paradise for the other girls of Colton's season, especially Hannah G., Heather, Demi, Tayshia and Bri.
- Someone who is total Bachelor material, but not quite on the traditional way.

This post has been edited by N-S: Mar 13 2019, 05:34 PM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 13 2019, 06:11 PM
Post #36
Group icon
QUOTE(N-S @ Mar 13 2019, 10:32 AM) *
What I'm looking forward to see on Hannah Brown's Bachelorette season:

Like Colton, I hope she doesn't grip to an idea of what people expect her to be as a Bachelorette and get all pageant patty, but instead that we see the good, the bad, the ugly and the lovely about her - and that one of the guys see her throught that.
This is the one thing I’m scared about coming into the new Bachelorette cycle. A lot of the comments I’ve seen that are against production’s decision to put Hannah front and center is “she needs media training” or “it’s gonna be too awkward”, and she’ll let that get into her head before she goes into sequester to film the season. I think Hannah getting into her head has worked in her favor though. Since the Caelynn drama, we’ve gotten to see that insecure side that has come with pageant training, her more adventurous and daring side (when she ate the fish eyes in Singapore), and there’s more cabooses to the Hot Mess Express than we expected. She’s formed amazing friendships with Heather, Hannah G, and Demi (who’s become her biggest cheerleader since the show ended), so clearly there’s more to Hannah than one bad toast and the Caelynn drama. I mean, she’s had the biggest rise from the ashes since Grocery Store Joe.

I’m really hoping for another Peter/Jordan type Bachelorette contestant. Someone more wholesome rather than taking the piss all the time. I REALLY hope that’s Connor bc that’s who I’ve been stanning since last night. OOF. (I have a feeling he’s gonna end up racist tho and I’ll regret everything I’ve said up to this point lmao)

-

Overall Reactions:

There did seem to be more Paradise fodder than usual (Onyeka, Demi, Catherine, Courtney, Caelynn, Heather, the list goes on) up to the point where I was envisioning someone from a previous season becoming the Bachelorette (even after stanning Hannah Beast). Most of the front runners (the final three especially) didn’t really get much screen time bc they focused more on the feuds going on (pageant queens, Demi v. half the house, Onyeka v. Nicole) until the Katie bombshell, and even then Hannah G. pretty much stayed in her own lane throughout. A good call for her, but we never really got to see her personality shine through other than a constant make out sesh. At the same time, I don’t think Cassie or Hannah G. had an overreaching plot the same way Tayshia, Caelynn, etc. did, so I see why production didn’t focus more on them until they were involved in drama.

It was like production focused on future cycles rather than highlighting Colton’s story and the combination of editing and casting really showed. Colton lost his patience multiple times throughout the season and even walked out (fence jump), so therenhad to be a correlation somewhere.

Colton being the Bachelor worked more in the show’s favor than against it, and part of it is that the show hasn’t had that true Sean Lowe story since that season, and for a guy who was surrounded by toxic masculinity growing up, there was so much genuity in his presence and his actions. He and production handled Caelynn’s sexual assault story well, he respected the women’s decisions when they didn’t feel comfortable with the show’s process, he was everything you can ask for in a man, let alone the Bachelor.

Despite the issues, this has been the best Bachelor season yet, and the franchise as a whole is on the upside after Cardboard Arie’s season.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 1 2019, 05:41 PM
Post #37
Group icon

LET'S GO BEAST cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I literally can't wait to blog this, Beauty And The Beast and Hannah Montana references GALORE *.*

+Quote this post
N-S
post May 8 2019, 06:46 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
The extended season promo is JUICY

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 8 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #39
Group icon
idk if this gave waaay too much away but omg @ Luke being the villain ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
N-S
post May 8 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Golden Maknae @ May 8 2019, 08:08 PM) *
idk if this gave waaay too much away but omg @ Luke being the villain ohmy.gif

Something tells me that ABC wants to tease the viewers with a prospect of a new Ben Flajnik/Courtney Robertson outcome.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:57 AM