BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Azealia Banks vs LEMONADE
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Apr 27 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Azealia Banks is not prepared to get in line for Lemonade any time soon. The artist, who is very outspoken on Twitter over the challenges facing not only black artists but black women in general, began a Twitter tirade on Monday criticizing Beyonce's new visual album Lemonade that dropped over the weekend and has been roundly celebrated by for its black female empowerment messaging. (The track "Don't Hurt Yourself," for example, features a quote by Malcolm X that "the most disrespected person in America is the black woman.")

Banks posted on Twitter that Beyoncé was a "thief" who "poaches art from other black women." She added that the "heartbroken female narrative" in Beyoncé's album "was an antithesis of feminism."

Coming from the perfect role model for black females of course ~

Is there any truth in her comments is this one of (many) off the wall rants from a quite clearly ~deranged~ internet lunatic.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 27 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I've never seen her praise anyone.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 27 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
User: 13,007
QUOTE(Froot. @ Apr 27 2016, 07:56 PM) *
I've never seen her praise anyone.

Herself?

But also she was praising Beyoncé only a few months ago for "embracing her blackness" when 'Formation' came and some critics were going for it. I do not understand her lmao.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 27 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I'm just so bored of every sign of a political statement (even if its tiny) being criticised, mainly led by HER.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Apr 27 2016, 08:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Is there a link to the original tweets? I just tried scrolling through her Twitter but couldn't find anything through the hot mess and lack of basic grammar. tongue.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:45 PM