BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Horrible Bosses 2, Jason Bateman & Charlie Day & Jason Sudeikis
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 10th January 2015, 05:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Horrible Bosses 2" is a Hollywood comedy which was released in theaters over a month ago. Having seen the first film in 2011, I can say that it was one of the most entertaining stories that came out in the cinemas in recent years. It had many funny scenes, humorous dialogues, hilarious characters and a lot of gags. I always liked situation comedies and "Horrible Bosses" is definitely one of them. However, watching the official trailer for the second film two months ago, I wouldn't say that I was impressed by what I saw. Nevertheless, we went to the cinema to watch it because sometimes trailers do not represent the entire film, either positively or negatively.
"Horrible Bosses 2" was quite different from the first film, so you realize immediately that there were some changes in the production team. Sean Anders replaces Seth Gordon on the director chair while some characters were changed regarding the script of the film. However, the three protagonists remain the same, as of course some second roles who we loved in the first film (Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Spacey). The cast was also joined by Chris Pine and Christoph Waltz, who incidentally has won twice the Academy Award for "Best Suppoting Actor" in the last five years for "Inglourious Basterds" & "Django Unchained"! His choice to take part in "Horrible Bosses 2" was pretty horrible though. Unfortunately, this time the film had nothing to do with horrible bosses, since we all love to hate, instead it had to do with a bad cooperation and a kidnapping. So, it is obvious that the producers turned their second film just for the money. After the first film was released and with great success in the USA, it was immediately discussed a production for the second film. "Horrible Bosses 2" does not have the freshness and originality of the first film while most dialogues were quite childish. I felt that there was an apparent embarrassment between the three protagonists. However, it has some hilarious scenes and I even laugh when I think about them, the plot did not tire us at all and the peculiar character that was played by Jennifer Aniston was the one who literally stole the show! Comedies seem to be her forte despite being nominated for "Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama" at the Golden Globes this year!
"Horrible Bosses" had surpassed two hundred million US dollars worldwide even though the budget was low compared to the blockbusters in recent years. "Horrible Bosses 2" just surpassed one hundred million US dollars worldwide which shows that it failed to have the popularity of the first film. However, it received quite a good average score on IMDb which does not differ from "Horrible Bosses". I believe that it's totally unfair. Though, there is a huge difference of those who voted for them so I guess that the second part will have a lower rating in the future. It was not one of the worst films of the year but it was a little bit juvenile in many parts.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:00 AM