BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lady Gaga 10 YEARS ON • ULTIMATE RATE RESULTS, 10 whole years ~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post Apr 25 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Oh my GOD at those iconic tweets!!

Paper Gangsta and Starstruck should be much higher
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 25 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Americano this low?!

Lmaooo at the iconic Starstruck meme *.*

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Apr 27 2018, 01:37 AM
Post #43
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Shocked that Starstruck is so low! A personal highlight from The Fame. wub.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 27 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #44
Group icon
User: 13,007
I'd rather save an angel now

| 41 // Fashion // The Fame // 7.08
| 42 // Joanne // Joanne // 7.05
| 43 // Angel Down // Joanne // 6.98
| 44 // Sinner's Prayer // Joanne // 6.88
| 45 // Highway Uniforn (Road to Love) // Born This Way // 6.82

First up in this set is the opener to The Born This Way Ball Tour, Highway Unicorn (Road to Love). Continuing the theme of the album, this offers a cinematic portrayal of journeying together to escape problems and live life freely. It is very interesting sonically and really came to life on a live stage as it represented all of her fans coming together in one safe space free of prejudice and hate. Gaga wrote it as a representation of herself - lonely on the road in search of hope and freedom.

Joanne takes a major hit just before the top 40 (and the beginning of the ALBUM PERCENTAGES - stay tuned) as it loses three in a row gah. The first is Sinner's Prayer which first premiered at the Dive Bar Tour, making it the first non-single to be performed. Potentially about her relationship with Taylor, or otherwise, it tells of a tumultuous relationship and the desperation of trying to keep the spark alive. Angel Down - which was teased long before the album and led avid fans to believe the album was about a chaos angel of sorts (IMAGINE THAT!) the reality was a haunting ballad about life and death and the price we pay in the face of hate. It was inspired by the death of Trayvon Martin and remains a dark ending to the album, leaving us demanding answers from those in charge. The title track also falls out, Gaga surprised us with a video and live performance for Joanne as well as a piano version being released worldwide. The track tells of her late aunt, Joanne Germanotta, and it became a focal point for the direction of the album. It's about healing for those dealing with loss.

Finally before the big top 40, it's Fashion (not to be confused with the other 3 fashion songs that have fallen out ;o). Written for Sex and the City in 2008, but later given to Heidi Montag.. which resulted in an absolute mess of a campaign and her and her husband completely turning against the Lady. It's a fun, catchy song with all the charm of early Gaga.

Discuss.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Apr 28 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
Poor Joanne :/

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 29 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #46
Group icon
As we enter the top 40, who wants some STATS?

Well you're getting them anyway ~

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 29 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #47
Group icon
ALBUM [songs remaining; percentage remaining]

THE FAME MONSTER [7/8; 87.50%]
BORN THIS WAY [11/17, 64.71%]
ARTPOP [8/15; 53.33%]
JOANNE [7/14; 50.00%]
THE FAME [5/16; 31.25%]
OTHER [2/11; 18.18%]

Which album will come out on top ;o

Considering it's such a LONG album, Born This Way is rightfully slaying <3

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Apr 29 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Ah SO looking forward to top 40. I think every song is a winner there

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Apr 29 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
What the hell at that Speidi quote! I love Gaga's version of "Fashion" so I'm glad to see it so high up here. Poor, brave "Joanne" missing the top 40 though.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 29 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #50
Group icon
We start the top 40 with a major SHOCK. A single has dropped out... but which one is it?

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 29 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Let's have some fun, this beat is sick

| 40 // LoveGame // The Fame // 7.11

We won't be doing them all in single posts but for the singles and big songs they deserve their own. We begin the top 40 with the fourth single released by Lady Gaga (3rd in the US). LoveGame, produced by RedOne introduced the world to Gaga's disco stick in crazy style. One of her most memorable, quoted hooks, the song is an underground New York club stomper and carries on the electro-dance sound that catapulted her to fame. A top 10 hit in the US and many other countries, it was a big commercial success as the untouchable force continued her world domination.

The music video, which is fairly tame for Gaga standards, shows her going crazy on the underground, in (what I would consider) her sexiest look in all music videos she's done. Inspired by Michael Jackson's 'Bad' (where dance is used to convey powerful emotion and rid the streets of ill feelings), it cemented Gaga as a force to be recokened with. Very sexual and in your face, the single demanded to be heard.

I can't really understand the song's performance in this - I expected it to do fairly well but it's barely managed an average of 7 - has it aged that much?

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Apr 30 2018, 06:39 AM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
NOOOOOO sad.gif

I prefer LG to Just Dance and several BTW singles

This post has been edited by SKOB: Apr 30 2018, 06:40 AM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Apr 30 2018, 09:58 AM
Post #53
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
LG should be above basically anything on Joanne or Artpop.

Fashion too low!!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 2 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Meet me baby in a safe place

| 38 // A-Yo // Joanne // 7.13
| 39 // Electric Chapel // Born This Way // 7.12

Next out it's album track Electric Chapel which takes the theme of the album in a different way. In it, she sings of safe spaces and channels electronic rock, pop metal and 80s vibes. It is intense, electrifying, haunting and mesmerising. A complete experience of a song, with Gaga's airy vocals perfectly blending with the harsh tones that surround it. Some choice lyrics, but overall a powerful stomper about romance, sexuality and safety.

A-Yo, ah how we pined for this to be a single over Million Reasons!!1 Not ;o One of the most love-hate songs Gaga has ever done, fans were either praying she gave it a release or proclaiming it would end her. Over time the dust has settled and it's really not that outrageous or crazy a single choice, but at the time when the album's future hanged in the balance it was do or die. I can appreciate it now as a fun album track about rejecting haters. Performed live several times, Gaga clearly had love for the song but ultimately it remained a promo single and nothing more (except a top 40 SMASH in this countdown!).

Another single coming next...

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post May 2 2018, 10:47 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Lmaooo like when Haus was all for Ayo being released as a single, but I was pushing for Million Reasons!!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 3 2018, 06:24 AM
Post #56
Group icon
QUOTE(Queef of Peace @ May 2 2018, 11:47 PM) *
Lmaooo like when Haus was all for Ayo being released as a single, but I was pushing for Million Reasons!!

H8U

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post May 3 2018, 08:10 AM
Post #57
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Americano being called one of the weaker tracks of BTW..lies it's one of the stronger tracks and way too low tongue.gif

Same with Love Game and Beautiful Dirty Rich.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post May 4 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
A-Yo is an amazing ode to smoking weed

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 7 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #59
Group icon
This time I'm not leaving without you

| 37 // Yoü And I // Born This Way // 7.14

Only four tracks into the top 40 and we lose the second official single. Featuring guitar from Brian May, and one of the most performed songs from the album, it's clearly a special track for her. The fourth single taken from Born This Way, it was initially one of the best performing album tracks. In the US, various radio edits (replacing Nebraska with relevant states) were played and it's truly a song that encapsulates her relationship with the country; it is home for her, but also a place for journey and self-growth. Grammy nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance it was a shining moment from the album, but it seems that many fans (and us on here) disagreed with it being given the spotlight so vividly.

The music video, which contains some edited and deleted scenes from the original video for The Edge of Glory, features Jo Calderone, Gaga's male alter ego and Yüyi her mermaid alter-ego and represents the themes of journey and travelling that helped to shape the album as a whole. It revolves around a journey to be with her beloved one and at the time, fans were split between it being about her then partner Lüc Carl or the fans themselves.

It hasn't performed brilliantly here, but it's not really the Gaga that many fans wanted at the time. The electro-dance infused bangers were replaced with this rocky, slow-tempo ballad and while it acts as a drastic and bold move from what she was known for, it seems we weren't really here for it. Still, it remains very much of its time, both lyrically and conceptually, but I can still enjoy it now and in the madness that is the BTW album it is a breather and personal, tender moment that helps reveal more about her intentions and heart at the time.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post May 9 2018, 07:28 PM
Post #60
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Not one of her very best but very enjoyable

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:47 AM