BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Q3/4 Predictions 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
digitalking
post 8th August 2017, 02:19 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 37,087

I think that...

Louisa Johnson will take Little Mix's holiday release time this year to release her album which surprising surpasses expectations (top 5). However, it doesn't last very long on the chart, and a slight boost at Christmas time wouldn't be enough to revive it.

Sam Smith will do an Emeli Sande but with better singles success and a sales bump at Christmas time.

5AM will release their album with X Factor promotion to a good start on iTunes etc. but a giant slump the week afterwards. (similar to The Vamps)

Taylor Swift will release her album to great success at first, but limited steam due to streaming and other competition.

Ariana Grande will release the lead single to her fourth album which goes to number 1 (her British fanbase has grown massively over the last few months).

Although they both won't have stellar beginnings, Rita Ora and Pink's albums will debut and remain in the low top 10 for ages.

Fifth Harmony's album with flop from the start, but will be an easy top 20 due to the quiet sales climate - drastic sales decline

Camilla Cabello's album will start off badly (not as bad as FH's) but will grow over time.

Saara Aalto will release a single which the UK doesn't seem to care about, and Matt Terry will get a strong solo single which does moderately well.

IF Little Mix releases a new album (as their tour comes to an end, writing camps have started, Glory Days merch has been discounted), expect them to take Louisa's place and once again her album will be delayed (possibly for a BGT launch).

This time will also be the real judgement time for the 1D boys, and show who will really have an impact.

Labrinth and Ella Henderson will attempt comebacks with top 20 singles.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
missingyou
post 8th August 2017, 07:02 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,429

QUOTE(White Mustang @ Aug 7 2017, 10:20 PM) *
Is this satire?

no its not

+Quote this post
mdh
post 8th August 2017, 07:48 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

- We'll have a few weeks of blissful fast turnover until Q4 begins - and Rudimental, Dua Lipa & Calvin Harris will all sneak a week or two each at #1.
- Lonely Together by Avicii will go low top 5. (if it's the single thats pushed!)
- Sam Smith's lead will have a similar chart run to "24K Magic".
- Clean Bandit will have at least another #1 single.
- Drake will chuck himself on a Latin song at the start of Q4.
- Quavo will have at least 3 more top 40 hits.
- The second part of Calvin's album will contain a few more smashes, including a track with [insert British female pop artist here] that debuts within the top 10.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 8th August 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #24
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

QUOTE(mdh @ Aug 8 2017, 03:48 PM) *
- The second part of Calvin's album will contain a few more smashes, including a track with Dua Lipa that debuts within the top 10.

To capitalise on both his and her current successes

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 8th August 2017, 08:04 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

QUOTE(mdh @ Aug 8 2017, 08:48 AM) *
- We'll have a few weeks of blissful fast turnover until Q4 begins - and Rudimental, Dua Lipa & Calvin Harris will all sneak a week or two each at #1.
- Lonely Together by Avicii will go low top 5. (if it's the single thats pushed!)
- Sam Smith's lead will have a similar chart run to "24K Magic".
- Clean Bandit will have at least another #1 single.
- Drake will chuck himself on a Latin song at the start of Q4.
- Quavo will have at least 3 more top 40 hits.
- The second part of Calvin's album will contain a few more smashes, including a track with [insert British female pop artist here] that debuts within the top 10.

I think Sam Smith's lead single will be more upbeat than people are expecting actually - fingers crossed for a Disclosure production! Another Migos album is scheduled for October so that may cover that prediction too.

Redbone by Childish Gambino will be re-pushed, but will fail to make the Top 40.
Bodak Yellow by Cardi B will be a long runner outside the Top 40.
One US rap hit will go viral and be massive.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 8th August 2017, 08:08 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Maybe this year Gotye will have his comeback hit?

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 8th August 2017, 08:09 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I'm really rooting for Niall, I was never a 1D fan (liked the odd song) but he seems genuinely nice and grounded. Slow Hands is one of the best songs of the year and reminds me of classic 90's Sheryl Crow.

I guess it bodes well for him that someone like me who has no interest in 1D members wants him to do well. I think he will have Emma Bunton type success, not huge sales but decent and be likeable which will lead to longer success than his other bandmates that fall away quickly.

+Quote this post
mdh
post 8th August 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Aug 8 2017, 09:08 AM) *
Maybe this year Gotye will have his comeback hit?

:')

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 8th August 2017, 08:23 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Sorry couldn't resist tongue.gif (still a better shout than anything I could come up with, let's just say Chart predictions are definitely not my forte anymore...)

+Quote this post
Supercell
post 8th August 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 11,831

I can see Taylor Swift finally bagging herself a no.1 single now she's caved and added her stuff to Spotify again, she would have had a couple of no.1s with the 1989 era had she not removed it all. Although I think she'll only manage a week or two, she doesn't have the same fan base here as she does in the U.S where I think she will easily dominate, with the album easily shifting a million units in its first week.

Sam Smith is a hard one to call, I think he'll have a couple of top tens, maybe a sixth no.1 with his album easily getting to no.1 but I don't think it will flop as bad as Emile did but it will sell less than his debut.

P!nk I'm sure will score another top 10, she always comes back with a banger, and her album will go top 5. Paloma will have another top 5 album and a couple of top 20 hits by the end of the year.

Clean Bandit will score another couple of big top 5 hits and a top 5 album if they release one. I have a feeling either Ed will release Perfect and it will become a slow burning hit or he may surprise with releasing more new material. His album will remain firmly in the top 10 the rest of the year. Foo Fighters will easily nab another no.1 album and will sell moderately well.

Quite a potentially exciting Q3/4 lined up with loads of releases compared to last year. I think the new BBC music show may provide unexpected weekly chart boosts.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 3rd October 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #31
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

So now we're actually in Q4...any further predictions? I reckon Little Mix's 'Platinum' repackage of "Glory Days" will smash when that comes out.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 3rd October 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Both Elvis and Roy Orbison have compilations with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra released so those should both do well. The third Elvis one is a Christmas album.

+Quote this post
Jandeep
post 3rd October 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,503

We also have Noel Gallagher and U2 along with all the usual seasonal stuff, I thing U2 will do similar to Rolling Stones last year. Though hard to call cos they kind of f***ed up the last album release.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 3rd October 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #34
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Pretty happy with my start-of-August predictions tbh, quite accurate!

+Quote this post
mdh
post 3rd October 2017, 05:01 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(mdh @ Aug 8 2017, 08:48 AM) *

these two being nearly spot on *.*

think we'll have Perfect by Ed Sheeran in the top 5 all winter on the back of an ''emotional'' x factor performance

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 3rd October 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

QUOTE(jessie j @ Oct 3 2017, 06:01 PM) *
think we'll have Perfect by Ed Sheeran in the top 5 all winter on the back of an ''emotional'' x factor performance

can we just not tho

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 3rd October 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Little Mix to release a massive Christmas song which will become an xmas classic and perform on Johnathan Ross like Leona did boosting it to no1 for the day itself!!

+Quote this post
danG
post 4th October 2017, 10:39 AM
Post #38
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

'Perfect' will be this year's Christmas Number One.

Quote me.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 4th October 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #39
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Wouldn't be the worst! Sounds seasonal!

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 4th October 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #40
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

QUOTE(Supercell @ Aug 8 2017, 09:46 AM) *
I can see Taylor Swift finally bagging herself a no.1 single now she's caved and added her stuff to Spotify again, she would have had a couple of no.1s with the 1989 era had she not removed it all. Although I think she'll only manage a week or two, she doesn't have the same fan base here as she does in the U.S where I think she will easily dominate, with the album easily shifting a million units in its first week.

Sam Smith is a hard one to call, I think he'll have a couple of top tens, maybe a sixth no.1 with his album easily getting to no.1 but I don't think it will flop as bad as Emile did but it will sell less than his debut.

P!nk I'm sure will score another top 10, she always comes back with a banger, and her album will go top 5. Paloma will have another top 5 album and a couple of top 20 hits by the end of the year.

Clean Bandit will score another couple of big top 5 hits and a top 5 album if they release one. I have a feeling either Ed will release Perfect and it will become a slow burning hit or he may surprise with releasing more new material. His album will remain firmly in the top 10 the rest of the year. Foo Fighters will easily nab another no.1 album and will sell moderately well.

Quite a potentially exciting Q3/4 lined up with loads of releases compared to last year. I think the new BBC music show may provide unexpected weekly chart boosts.

You’ve been pretty much spot on with all that’s happened so far. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 02:31 PM