BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nicola to co-host new style show with Rihanna, Sky Living HD
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Hayzayy
post Jan 26 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
We've got some very exciting news to share.

International superstar Rihanna is set to join the Sky Living family.

In her first ever television project, she'll be executive-producing and appearing in an original and hugely ambitious new fashion series exclusively for Sky Living HD.

Pop superstar Rihanna is bringing an exclusive new fashion show to Sky Living HD.
Synonymous with cutting-edge style, the 'We Found Love' singer is searching Britain for the next generation of raw, undiscovered designer talent and has hand-picked Girls Aloud star Nicola Roberts to head up the challenge for her.
The show will celebrate the extraordinary talent and creativity in the British fashion scene. With Rihanna, a fashion icon herself, and Nicola, who created her own Dainty Doll make-up range, at the helm, the show will recognise the increasing influence popstars have on mainstream trends.

With her world-class reputation and passion for style, Rihanna is perfectly placed to find an aspiring designer worthy of the chance to break into the hugely competitive world of fashion. Tasking Nicola with fronting the search, Rihanna will be heavily responsible for casting and will be involved in editing post-production.

Rihanna - who has sold 20 million albums - will also be hands-on as the programme showcases Britain’s most promising fashion designers. Over ten weeks the unknown designers will be challenged by Rihanna and Nicola to create outfits for a string of musicians and celebrities.

The final challenge and ultimate task for the winner will be to design a unique stage outfit for Rihanna's Wireless performance in Hyde Park in July 2012. The chance to dress one of the world's most famous women for an event that will attract worldwide coverage is the perfect springboard for the aspiring designer's future fashion career.

Nicola's "excited" to work with Rihanna
Executive producer, Rihanna said: "I've always had a great love of fashion. It's a constant source of inspiration in my life, and is a big reason why I've grown into the person and artist I am today.

"I have been very fortunate to work with some truly amazing designers and stylists throughout my career, and they have been instrumental in making sure my creative vision reaches the stage. I am excited to follow the journey of our aspiring contestants and see how their individuality influences their efforts during the course of the show."

Nicola added: "I was so flattered when Rihanna asked me to work with her on this show. I'm so excited for us to get started on finding a new up and coming British designer who just needs a chance, a little bit of help in getting their skills noticed.

"There are talented people, undiscovered because they don't have the means, or their circumstances are too far away from the fashion world. This show is here to discover those people and give them a shot. I'm looking for someone who can think outside the box, and who isn't going to give up at the first hurdle. Ultimately, someone who can't go 'undiscovered' anymore.

"I love both Rihanna's music and her style. I love that she isn't afraid to try new things. Her style is personal and that's something I'm a fan of. You can see a genuine love for fashion in her. She is definitely one of my style icons."

The series will come exclusively to Sky Living HD in summer 2012. Here's how you can be a part of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow wow ! Very good news for Nicola ! She loves fashion and working with Rihanna will probably help to raise her profile smile.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 27 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Wow. The fact Rihanna hand picked Nicola herself must say something for Nicola. ohmy.gif I can imagine she'd be more than honoured to know that! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Propilot87
post Jan 28 2012, 06:11 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 2,101
Great news for Nicola!! Maybe this could help re-ignite some sales for her album or help her to gain more recognition as a solo artist in the UK seeing as how Rihanna is massive.

+Quote this post
Frank!
post Jan 28 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761
That is MASSIVE for Nicola! She must be thrilled!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Jan 28 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
Cannot wait. Two of my fave popstars <3

+Quote this post
Cowboystyle
post Jun 10 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,359
Any news about this yet?

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Jun 10 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
If its for her Hyde Park performance in July I'd assume it should be very soon and I know Nicola has been filming for it, but there doesn't seem to be any confirmed dates yet.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Jul 28 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #8
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Official trailer for the show, it's called 'Rihanna: Styled to Rock'. It starts next month but they haven't given an air date as of yet. This looks exciting actually!

+Quote this post
Umi
post Aug 7 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #9
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659
They've revealed the list of guests for the show and they're mostly British randomers (ranging from Tinchy Stryder to The Saturdays to Little Boots) but they also have Katy Perry and Cheryl! I personally don't think it will be a good show at all but the Cheryl and (for me) Boots episodes might be worth watching.

+Quote this post
Neil
post Aug 8 2012, 06:44 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016
I get the feeling that Rihanna herself, understandably, won't be in the show all that much.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:28 AM