BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jade's Top 40 | #217 (02.05.21), you look so happy when i'm not with you
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post May 2 2021, 05:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

banner courtesy of Joseph *.*

Chart #217 | 02.05.21

newre.png 01. The Weeknd & Ariana Grande - Save Your Tears (Remix) [24-36-xx-05-02-01-02-05-08-15-18-35-36-37-37-xx-01]
newne.png 02. Little Simz - Introvert
newne.png 03. Wolf Alice - Smile
newdown.png 04. Lil Nas X - MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) [01-01-02-01-04]
newdown.png 05. Wolf Alice - The Last Man on Earth [03-01-01-01-03-02-06-02-05]
newdown.png 06. BROCKHAMPTON - BUZZCUT (feat. Danny Brown) [02-03-01-03-06]
newdown.png 07. Genesis Owusu - The Other Black Dog [03-04-07]
newdown.png 08. BROCKHAMPTON - THE LIGHT [04-05-08]
newne.png 09. Bicep - Meli (I)
newdown.png 10. BROCKHAMPTON - DON’T SHOOT UP THE PARTY [05-06-10]

newne.png 11. Kælan Mikla - Sólstöður
newdown.png 12. Slayyyter - Clouds [15-11-09-17-31-04-07-07-12]
newdown.png 13. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean [05-08-08-13]
newdown.png 14. BROCKHAMPTON - BANKROLL (feat. A$AP Rocky & A$AP Ferg) [09-09-14]
newne.png 15. Gary Numan - Now and Forever
newne.png 16. CHVRCHES - He Said She Said
newne.png 17. Perturbator - Dethroned Under A Funeral Haze
newne.png 18. The Chemical Brothers - The Darkness That You Fear
newdown.png 19. BROCKHAMPTON - CHAIN ON (feat. JPEGMAFIA) [19-27-32-xx-10-10-19]
newne.png 20. Aly & AJ - Don’t Need Nothing

newdown.png 21. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club [04-06-10-06-06-09-11-27-30-35-02-04-06-11-11-21]
newne.png 22. Bicep - Siena (feat. Clara La San)
newne.png 23. Porter Robinson & Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Unfold
newdown.png 24. Slayyyter - Cowboys [12-12-24]
newne.png 25. Jorja Smith - Gone
newdown.png 26. Deja Blu - Star [13-14-26]
newdown.png 27. BROCKHAMPTON - I’LL TAKE YOU ON (feat. Charlie Wilson) [14-15-27]
newne.png 28. Rezz & deadmau5 - Hypnocurrency
newdown.png 29. SZA - Good Days [16-19-26-02-03-01-01-01-01-01-02-02-03-05-07-17-22-29]
newne.png 30. Gorgon City - Tell Me It's True

newdown.png 31. Demi Lovato - Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande) [08-18-24-31]
newdown.png 32. London Grammar - America [19-25-32]
newdown.png 33. Miley Cyrus - Angels Like You [40-xx-05-04-06-09-21-29-33]
newdown.png 34. Perfume Genius - Just A Touch (Danny L Harle Harlecore Remix) [10-22-31-34]
newdown.png 35. Hante. - Blank Love [33-35]
newne.png 36. Fraunhofer Diffraction - Aerial 
newdown.png 37. Lana Del Rey - Wild At Heart [05-07-11-24-35-37]
newdown.png 38. Doja Cat - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA) [28-36-38]
newne.png 39. Sports Team - Happy (God's Own Country)
newdown.png 40. Lana Del Rey - Tulsa Jesus Freak [06-09-15-31-39-40]

DROPOUTS
the songs we say adios to this week

xx MJ Cole - Maestro [13-xx]
xx BÖ - Aura [16-xx]
xx Sibewest - Silence [15-17-xx]
xx London Grammar - Call Your Friends [18-xx]
xx Rina Sawayama & Elton John - Chosen Family [19-xx]
xx London Grammar - I Need the Night [20-xx]
xx AVIRA - Late Delivery [16-21-xx]
xx Redlight - Leaf [23-xx]
xx Dave & Kamal. - Mercury [20-26-xx]
xx Daniel Avery - Endless Hours [27-xx]
xx Sufjan Stevens - Lamentation I [28-xx]
xx London Grammar - Lord It's a Feeling [30-xx]
xx Jon Hopkins - Modern Driveway [32-xx]
xx London Grammar - All My Love [34-xx]
xx Manchester Orchestra - Keel Timing [37-xx]
xx Fiona Apple - Love More (Sharon Van Etten cover) [38-xx]
xx London Grammar - Talking [40-xx]

CHART FLASHBACK (2014)

newup.png 1. Ed Sheeran - Sing [3-2-1]
newup.png 2. Shift K3y - Touch [3-2]
newdown.png 3. Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX - Fancy [20-9-3-2-1-3]
newright.png 4. Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau - Changes [2-1-1-4-4]
newup.png 5. Kiesza - Hideaway [6-5]
newne.png 6. Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea - Problem
newdown.png 7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect [20-4-4-5-7]
newne.png 8. Cash Cash feat. Bebe Rexha - Take Me Home
newright.png 9. Calvin Harris - Summer [20-6-5-6-7-9-9]
newdown.png 10. Coldplay - Magic [12-5-4-2-1-2-5-7-10]

Congrats to The Weeknd and Ariana Grande! I think this is the first time that a song has had three separate runs in my chart.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post May 2 2021, 05:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
Hi Jade,

Fantastic to see Little Simz going in at number 2 - I am absolutely loving “Introvert” at the moment, I said in the single thread already but I love the orchestration/production on the song, it oozes confidence. I'm totally on board for this new era and hyped for what comes next. Her last single “might bang, might not” was a bit of a flop on my chart sad.gif( I think because it was so short) and I'm kinda regretting that now, although she had Top 10 hits for me in 2019 with “Selfish” and “101FM”.

Also from the new entries I am really enjoying the new Chemical Brothers track (very summery with tons of serotonin - sort of like a Moby track) and the new one from Jorja Smith. Loads though I don't know there so I'm off to do some research I think!

Also loving that extra long chart run for “Good Days” - 17 weeks on my chart and still not bored of it yet.

+Quote this post
JSG
post May 3 2021, 07:04 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Hey Jade!

Ooo Save Your Tears repeaking straight back into the chart happy.gif I don't think I'll be replaylisting it oops kink.gif but i do really enjoy this now.
Poor Montero kink.gif although based on previous chart runs on your chart, this is doing fabulously.
I was obsessed with the first Two of Chvrches eras so I'm really disappointed that I'm not enjoying He Said She Said. I'm not quite sure what it is that I'm not getting, but it's just not clicking for me unfortunately. sad.gif
I'm enjoying Don't Need Nothing more than on my first listen. I really like the best of the Drums laugh.gif that sounds so stupid I know!

Lovely chart! wub.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post May 3 2021, 10:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
Hey Jade! hi.gif

Wow at all these new entries, I just can’t keep up with all the new music you are consuming right now! ohmy.gif

Great to see Save Your Tears back at the top again!

I’ll try and make time to listen to your chart on Spotify during my week!

Thank you for sharing your personal chart this week, and if you want to view my current one, here is the link;

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=245394

Until next time!

wave.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post May 4 2021, 07:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ May 2 2021, 06:23 PM) *
Hi Jade,

Fantastic to see Little Simz going in at number 2 - I am absolutely loving “Introvert” at the moment, I said in the single thread already but I love the orchestration/production on the song, it oozes confidence. I'm totally on board for this new era and hyped for what comes next. Her last single “might bang, might not” was a bit of a flop on my chart sad.gif( I think because it was so short) and I'm kinda regretting that now, although she had Top 10 hits for me in 2019 with “Selfish” and “101FM”.

Also from the new entries I am really enjoying the new Chemical Brothers track (very summery with tons of serotonin - sort of like a Moby track) and the new one from Jorja Smith. Loads though I don't know there so I'm off to do some research I think!

Also loving that extra long chart run for “Good Days” - 17 weeks on my chart and still not bored of it yet.

Hey there Doctor B hi.gif heart.gif

I was totally blown away by 'Introvert' on first listen and then it somehow got even better alongside the video, what a package wub.gif I love the orchestral elements too (and the fact they were recorded at Abbey Road is pretty cool *.*) - I definitely see what you mean with the Massive Attack comparisons. Bring on more of the goods <3 I need to revisit her previous material ahead of the new era properly getting underway, I don't even remember 'might bang, might not' too well for instance!

Glad you're also enjoying the Chemical Brothers song as it has pretty mixed reviews on here - I totally understand the 'messy' comments but I didn't necessarily think it was a bad thing laugh.gif Jorja killing it as usual <3 hope you enjoy some of what you haven't heard yet!

Oh yes I totally relate to not even being slightly bored of 'Good Days' yet - I feel like it's suiting springtime really well right now <3

thank you for commenting <3

QUOTE(JSG @ May 3 2021, 08:04 AM) *
Hey Jade!

Ooo Save Your Tears repeaking straight back into the chart happy.gif I don't think I'll be replaylisting it oops kink.gif but i do really enjoy this now.
Poor Montero kink.gif although based on previous chart runs on your chart, this is doing fabulously.
I was obsessed with the first Two of Chvrches eras so I'm really disappointed that I'm not enjoying He Said She Said. I'm not quite sure what it is that I'm not getting, but it's just not clicking for me unfortunately. sad.gif
I'm enjoying Don't Need Nothing more than on my first listen. I really like the best of the Drums laugh.gif that sounds so stupid I know!

Lovely chart! wub.gif

Hey there James hi.gif heart.gif

I know right ohmy.gif that is Ariana's 10th #1 for me now, what a Queen! First song to ever have three runs in my chart too - I'm obsessed all over again laugh.gif glad you enjoy it now!

Haha yeah 'MONTERO' is doing just fine in the grand scheme - it was just quite an exciting release week for me this week with The Weeknd/Ari, more Wolf Alice and the Lil Simz song being really good too. Can't wait for more from Lil Nas X this era!

Aww that's a shame that you're not feeling this new CHVRCHES direction although it does have pretty mixed reviews on here in general tbf!

Yay for Aly & AJ growing on you *.*

QUOTE(awardinary @ May 3 2021, 11:53 PM) *
Hey Jade! hi.gif

Wow at all these new entries, I just can’t keep up with all the new music you are consuming right now! ohmy.gif

Great to see Save Your Tears back at the top again!

I’ll try and make time to listen to your chart on Spotify during my week!

Thank you for sharing your personal chart this week, and if you want to view my current one, here is the link;

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=245394

Until next time!

wave.gif

Hey there Wardy hi.gif heart.gif

Haha tell me about it! This week ended up being a lot more crowded than I was expecting laugh.gif

wub.gif I'm so impressed with how Ariana fits into the remix.

Ooh cool, hope you enjoy if you end up doing so *.*

+Quote this post
danG
post May 4 2021, 07:41 PM
Post #6
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
great to see Porter Robinson debut here. Unfold was a big standout of the album for me, it's a beautiful song.
Siena from Bicep is rather good too.

+Quote this post
coi
post May 4 2021, 08:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Excellent to see The Weeknd & Ariana Grande at the top here, yay for snap #1s! wub.gif Really hoping the return to SCR can finally give Save Your Tears the top ten peak it deserves officially!

The Porter Robinson & TEED and Fraunhofer Diffraction new entries are pretty good as well, and so is the Redlight one which entered last week but just dropped out. Also loving the 2014 chart flashback (apart from Sing oops), I really enjoyed most of the songs in that top ten then too!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post May 6 2021, 09:44 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363
Hi Jade! I didn't expect an Icelandic song in your chart but I must give it a listen ohmy.gif MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) is dropping but still in top 5 so all is good!

+Quote this post
Jade
post May 7 2021, 05:40 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(dan::G @ May 4 2021, 08:41 PM) *
great to see Porter Robinson debut here. Unfold was a big standout of the album for me, it's a beautiful song.
Siena from Bicep is rather good too.

Hey there Dan hi.gif heart.gif

Yay, I was really intrigued by the two names coming together after enjoying Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs' collab with Bonobo last year and this did not disappoint *.* glad you're liking 'Siena' also - I do own the 'Isles' deluxe vinyl but am glad that the bonus songs are available on streaming now too!

QUOTE(coi @ May 4 2021, 09:35 PM) *
Excellent to see The Weeknd & Ariana Grande at the top here, yay for snap #1s! wub.gif Really hoping the return to SCR can finally give Save Your Tears the top ten peak it deserves officially!

The Porter Robinson & TEED and Fraunhofer Diffraction new entries are pretty good as well, and so is the Redlight one which entered last week but just dropped out. Also loving the 2014 chart flashback (apart from Sing oops), I really enjoyed most of the songs in that top ten then too!

Hey there coi hi.gif heart.gif

The taste *.* so incredibly happy with the quality of the remix. Can now say that it did do that with a shiny new #8 peak, yay!

Glad you're liking a few of the new entries - Fraunhofer Diffraction have been on my radar ever since he won BJSC, even if I was blocked from the win because of it sleep.gif kink.gif yay, that flashback takes me right back to Year 12 - time flies! Poor 'Sing' kink.gif I do still like it although not quite as much as in 2014.

QUOTE(uhsting @ May 6 2021, 10:44 AM) *
Hi Jade! I didn't expect an Icelandic song in your chart but I must give it a listen ohmy.gif MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) is dropping but still in top 5 so all is good!

Hey there uhsting hi.gif heart.gif

Ah well there we go ohmy.gif would definitely recommend <3 yeah this was a very competitive week but MONTERO definitely couldn't fall toooo far!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:01 PM