BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> who are you?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mushymanrob
post 31st October 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #1
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

as an entity we are so self conscious of us as a person... but who exactly are YOU?

you didnt ask to be born, but here you are...

you were GIVEN a name, a body, an identity, a religion, an education, you were even born with a set of traits, a persona...

now there is a train of thought in many religions that everything on earth is re-cycled, and certainly everything organic is... so what about everything that you are given? it isnt really you is it? you cant control your body other then maintain it... its abit like a car and 'you' are the driver.

maybe the real 'you' is the second self, the person that you create out of the tools that you have been given, by thought you can chose which traits of your personality to employ in your life, and maybe by thought you can utilise more positive traits, thus becoming a better person.... and youd be creating something that you werent given, a new persona, maybe that is who we really are

bored waffle over..... laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
David
post 31st October 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

How confusing. rotf.gif Although I've been thinking about the same sorts of things the past few days. If when we die nothing happens... what is nothing? How do you experience nothing?

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 7

waaaaaaaaaaaay over my head lol

I just believe in being myself and people can take it or leave it

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 31st October 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I like The Dooleys :) like father like son...
User: 100

QUOTE(Kimi Räikkönen @ Oct 31 2006, 07:42 PM) *

waaaaaaaaaaaay over my head lol

i think what he's on about is your personality what you make it or does society shape it for you from when you are born (eg your given an education, you are taught rules and values that make you acceptable in the society you live in).

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

My parents taught me values and made it clear to me that I must observe the rules of society although they were also deeply religious which is where I differ, while I might be a pain in the arse online at times lol I am a decent guy offline as much as anything else because I fear letting down my family

+Quote this post
Overstaged
post 31st October 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Leave right now or quicker
User: 508

I believe it´s basically genetics and education who make up most of a person... But then there are the personal choices which I don´t seem to understand where they come from. Everyone was taught some basic values, what to do and what not to do, and we live most of the time under these rules, but then there is an hiatus on your education where you can´t seem to find what´s right or wrong, what´s better, and then you just pick up one choice out of nothing... That´s your personality element that was born with you.

Phisically, we are not more then a colony of microorganisms, an enourmous bacterian colony who evolved so much that one part cannot live independet from the other. How this bunch of cells manage to have a conscience, which is not individual for each cell, and even tough it depends on your cells to exist it´s not placed on them... it´s total beyond my comprehension.

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I didn't take any notice of the values set down by teachers tbh, all my values came from my parents the teachers were there just to teach me subjects as far as I am concerned not morals, I was bought up extremely strictly and although I rebelled in my late teens with a wild phase I have respect for the police for old people and respect for the laws of the land

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 31st October 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #8
Group icon
1 life, 9 hearts, and 18 hands that'll rip you all apart
User: 175

My mum taught me values, but not all of them. Some I just seem to have, from what I've experienced and seen.
I don't believe in 'respect your elders', I think respect goes both ways, and it should be earned.

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(x-The_Royston_Poisoner-x @ Oct 31 2006, 08:22 PM) *

My mum taught me values, but not all of them. Some I just seem to have, from what I've experienced and seen.
I don't believe in 'respect your elders', I think respect goes both ways, and it should be earned.

Old people deserve respect they are the reason we have the freedom of speech we have today and we should be grateful to them for that and c**ts who mug them for their pension etc should be tortured to within an inch of their lives

I do treat old people with respect, if I see an elderly lady in the street struggling with her shopping etc I offer to carry it for them and they are grateful etc because I have respect for the generation that fought for us

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 31st October 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #10
Group icon
im all clares!

what im getting at is..... take away from you everything that was given to you... whats left?...

i think that we are given tools (education, a body, a brain etc) in which to produce something unique... by using the things 'given' to you, you should be able to create something new.... now that is yours. the real mushymanrob is the parts of my persona that i have consciously chosen to be... the values that i chose to uphold, the thoughts and conclusions that i have come to be using the tools i was 'given'.

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 31st October 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(Kimi Räikkönen @ Oct 31 2006, 08:27 PM) *

Old people deserve respect they are the reason we have the freedom of speech we have today and we should be grateful to them for that and c**ts who mug them for their pension etc should be tortured to within an inch of their lives

I do treat old people with respect, if I see an elderly lady in the street struggling with her shopping etc I offer to carry it for them and they are grateful etc because I have respect for the generation that fought for us

I don't mean really old people. Just teachers or any adults really. If they're not nice to me why should I be nice to them?

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(x-The_Royston_Poisoner-x @ Oct 31 2006, 08:40 PM) *

I don't mean really old people. Just teachers or any adults really. If they're not nice to me why should I be nice to them?

Yeah see what you mean now, yeah I make an exception with pensioners smile.gif

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 31st October 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(Kimi Räikkönen @ Oct 31 2006, 08:43 PM) *

Yeah see what you mean now, yeah I make an exception with pensioners smile.gif

If I was a pensioner I probably wouldn't want anyone trying to carry my shopping. You never know who it is.

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(mushymanrob @ Oct 31 2006, 08:36 PM) *

what im getting at is..... take away from you everything that was given to you... whats left?...

i think that we are given tools (education, a body, a brain etc) in which to produce something unique... by using the things 'given' to you, you should be able to create something new.... now that is yours. the real mushymanrob is the parts of my persona that i have consciously chosen to be... the values that i chose to uphold, the thoughts and conclusions that i have come to be using the tools i was 'given'.

I can see where you are coming from but there is limited scope in society for upholding our own values, we have them but we have to abide by the laws of the land, in the right conditions I see nothing wrong with doing 120-130mph on the motorway but it is against the law so it is not up to us to choose what laws we will respect and not respect, ok that was a bad example but thats what i mean, we can choose how we live our lives but we have to respect the laws of the land

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(x-The_Royston_Poisoner-x @ Oct 31 2006, 08:44 PM) *

If I was a pensioner I probably wouldn't want anyone trying to carry my shopping. You never know who it is.

Not long distances etc usually 50 yards back to the car or whatever, if can see them struggling I just say "do you want a hand with that" and not once has anyone resisted or not been grateful, I am not after gratitude I just believe in helping those less fortunate

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 31st October 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #16
Group icon
im all clares!

QUOTE(Kimi Räikkönen @ Oct 31 2006, 08:48 PM) *

I can see where you are coming from but there is limited scope in society for upholding our own values, we have them but we have to abide by the laws of the land, in the right conditions I see nothing wrong with doing 120-130mph on the motorway but it is against the law so it is not up to us to choose what laws we will respect and not respect, ok that was a bad example but thats what i mean, we can choose how we live our lives but we have to respect the laws of the land

im not on about wether or not to abide by the law, im on about building your life with values that you want to uphold, and by thought give credence to positive traits. identifying the person that you want to be and evolving into that person, otherwise youll be what you were when you were born... there will be nothing left after all the 'gifts' are returned.

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(mushymanrob @ Oct 31 2006, 09:01 PM) *

im not on about wether or not to abide by the law, im on about building your life with values that you want to uphold, and by thought give credence to positive traits. identifying the person that you want to be and evolving into that person, otherwise youll be what you were when you were born... there will be nothing left after all the 'gifts' are returned.

My values are respect for my family, pay my way in life, respect for elderly, respect for the laws of the land, work hard, stay out of trouble, live within my means, don't do anything that would bring shame to the family. Thats my code and I always live by those

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 31st October 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #18
Group icon
im all clares!

QUOTE(Kimi Räikkönen @ Oct 31 2006, 09:06 PM) *

My values are respect for my family, pay my way in life, respect for elderly, respect for the laws of the land, work hard, stay out of trouble, live within my means, don't do anything that would bring shame to the family. Thats my code and I always live by those

thats all well and good, but all of those values arnt yours, they are typical of what we are given.

im not doing a very good job here of trying to convey what i mean...

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 31st October 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(mushymanrob @ Oct 31 2006, 09:57 PM) *

thats all well and good, but all of those values arnt yours, they are typical of what we are given.
im not doing a very good job here of trying to convey what i mean...

They were all things drummed into me by my parents who have been and always will be the single biggest influence in my life smile.gif

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 31st October 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #20
Group icon
im all clares!

QUOTE(Kimi Räikkönen @ Oct 31 2006, 10:00 PM) *

They were all things drummed into me by my parents who have been and always will be the single biggest influence in my life smile.gif

nothing wrong with upholding decent values... smile.gif

im on about personal growth though, taking what you have and progressing it, developing yourself to be a better person, creating something for yourself that no one else 'gave' you.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 01:56 PM