BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Immigration is fine for the rich, Is it possible the UK will have more immigrants than UK born
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
brian91
post 5th November 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
You are a child of the universe
User: 78

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) had announced some startling new figures: Britain was taking in 1,500 immigrants a day, while 1,000 Brits left. That means more people were moving out as well as in, and that a growing number of emigrants — by no means necessarily racists — were quitting because of the numbers coming in.
Earlier in the week Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, had complained to a committee of MPs that it was hard to manage the economy when nobody knew how many people were in the country.
Less privileged folk will pay a heavy price if our unprecedented experiment of mass immigration goes wrong.
Immigration alone, of course, is not the only source of their problems, and there is a danger of immigrants becoming the whipping boys for every grievance. The trouble is that random population growth impacts directly on everything feeding rumbling middle-class discontent: rising taxes, rising mortgages, failing schools, the overstretched National Health Service, crime and insecurity of every kind. I do not anticipate riots or demonstrations, but a mood of semi-suppressed nastiness could gradually develop.
Think of it: 7m more people in 25 years, according to the ONS. This is the equivalent of seven more Birminghams — not a pretty thought — or another London if you prefer. All this in the most crowded country in Europe.
In retrospect it is extraordinary how easy we had it. In 1970 you could have bought a Victorian house in west London of some 3,500 sq ft for £16,000, with a mortgage based on 2 times our (smallish) income. Last week a building society began offering loans of five times income. Meanwhile, as space per person shrivels, parents helping out with the deposit stare in disbelief at the few square feet that their thousands of pounds will stretch to. For those without big daddies with big money the big squeeze has begun.
Parents can be equally appalled by some of the urban neighbourhoods that their home-seeking offspring move to in order to raise their own families. The percentage of the children of minorities in primary schools has risen from 11% 10 years ago to more than 20% today (more in parts of London). This is natural and inevitable, but those who tell us that it is something to celebrate usually educate their children elsewhere: in London the number of those opting for private education is 13%, twice the national average.
Obviously there must be some immigration and of course it can benefit Britain — especially at higher income levels. But those who claim that it benefits everyone will have to explain how — unlike the governor of the Bank of England — they can do a profit and loss account, extra GNP against extra social costs, if nobody knows who’s here.

Is there a danger that the rich British will simply upsticks and emigrate,and the country will be a suburb of Pakistan,Iraq or Bulgaria?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Joey Deacon
post 6th November 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 306

Complete Garbage, whoever wrote that article is talkin c**p, yeh immigration a problem but the benefits way outstrip the negatives imo. Dont understand everyone problem tbh. How many Immigrates are on the Giro? Less than 1% i believe. Face facts the Eastern Europeans are very hard workers. Plus there mostly paid very low wages doing jobs the British workclass wont do , and there women are stunning cheer.gif. I hate the ruddy Chavs more tbh, least the Poles dont go around mugging people or happy slappin mad.gif

Makes me laugh how the Rich Britians moving out complain about the immigrats in this country not integrating with british society. But they only move to Australia, Canada, USA cos they cant be bothered to learn another language lol biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 6th November 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 7

I am one of those that plan to emigrate in the next 5 years, not because of immigrants, couldn't give a $h!t about them they are far harder working than chav c**ts who are residents here, asians and eastern europeans are incredibly hard working, I will be intending to leave the country because of chavs and the erosion of moral standards and good manners that is dragging this country into the gutter, I want to totally disassociate myself with the grunting oiks who are shaming this country committing crimes, no manners or standards of any sort and who leave high streets a sea of puke and broken glass on Friday and Saturday nights.
I would happily deport chavs and bring in immigrants any day of the week

This post has been edited by Kimi Räikkönen: 6th November 2006, 02:31 PM

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 6th November 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Anyone who is emigrating to Australia to escape immigrants is in for the shock of their lives laugh.gif

Australia has more immigrants per head of population of any nation and there is a far far far bigger proportion of immigrants in Australia than there is in the UK particularly from Japan, Serbia, Greece, Italy and Lebanon

+Quote this post
Consie
post 6th November 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Don't slap me, cuz I'm not in the mood
User: 303

Australia, Canada, AND the US all have more immigrants than the UK... though current projections show the UK will surpass the first two soon (even while immigration in those countries rises dramatically too).

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 6th November 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #6
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

actually most emigrating are going to spain and france.

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 6th November 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
im all clares!

i think that theres a growing chance that the uk will be a totally multi-national country. the problem with this is that we will lose our identity.

as we are coming up to 11/11 remembrance day, i wonder how many of our ancestors would have given their lives for a free uk if they thought it would be for this?

there has to be a limit to how many immigrants we can take in, the growing pressure on our infrastructure is starting to become a problem.

+Quote this post
brian91
post 6th November 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #8
Group icon
You are a child of the universe
User: 78

As the country sinks into further problems, with teenage louts,prisoners being released early because of overcrowding,higher taxes to fund (premier in waiting)Brown who thinks he knows how best to spend our money mad.gif,ever increasing house prices that no one can afford, I think more and more UK residents will up sticks and move to Spain/France/Australia etc and in 20 to 30 years from now it is perfectly possible that on the 2031/2041 census the place of birth might be almost 50% non UK.

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 7th November 2006, 07:18 AM
Post #9
Group icon
im all clares!

QUOTE(brian91 @ Nov 6 2006, 08:44 PM) *

As the country sinks into further problems, with teenage louts,prisoners being released early because of overcrowding,higher taxes to fund (premier in waiting)Brown who thinks he knows how best to spend our money mad.gif,ever increasing house prices that no one can afford, I think more and more UK residents will up sticks and move to Spain/France/Australia etc and in 20 to 30 years from now it is perfectly possible that on the 2031/2041 census the place of birth might be almost 50% non UK.

i agree..... mind you, ill be dead by then! lol.

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 7th November 2006, 08:10 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(brian91 @ Nov 6 2006, 08:44 PM) *

As long as people are prepared to come to this country and work hard and stay away from crime and not ponce off the state it would not bother me in the slightest if the indigenous population was the minority by 2031/2041, it is a multi cultural society and the sooner we get used to that the better, chavs and the shame they bring to this country in our reputation globally is why I would more than welcome the opportunity to live and work abroad again and I am more than happy for loads of Eastern europeans or asians to come and work here as they are taking the jobs lazy white English tossers think are beneath them and making a contribution to society.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 7th November 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

I think more and more UK residents will up sticks and move to Spain/France/Australia etc and in 20 to 30 years from now it is perfectly possible that on the 2031/2041 census the place of birth might be almost 50% non UK.
[/quote]

Can't say I'm really that bothered to be honest.. I think that everyone has the right to up sticks and move to wherever they want to make a decent life for themselves, so long as they work hard, contribute positively to society it doesn't bother me.. I'm far more disgusted by layabout, British-born Chavs who take for granted the free education and all the other opportunities avialable to them and just pish them up the wall, than I am by a hard working immigrant who never had anything given to them on a plate....

And it depends on what you mean really, by 'non-UK', surely the kids of immigrants that are born in the UK are actually British citizens despite their ethnic background.....

Immigration from countries like Poland, Czech Republic, etc has been nothing but positive for our society and our economy.... So let's stop whingeing about 'bloody immigrants' and be a bit more grateful to them...

+Quote this post
Overstaged
post 7th November 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Leave right now or quicker
User: 508

What´s the definition of a "Chav"? I thought they were in bigger numbers in USA??? Is a "chav" someone like Ali-G?

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 7th November 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #13
Group icon
im all clares!

QUOTE(Janet Jackson´s Nipple @ Nov 7 2006, 07:06 PM) *

What´s the definition of a "Chav"? I thought they were in bigger numbers in USA??? Is a "chav" someone like Ali-G?

google it.... smile.gif

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 7th November 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #14
Group icon
1 life, 9 hearts, and 18 hands that'll rip you all apart
User: 175

Didn't chavi mean child years ago?

+Quote this post
Consie
post 7th November 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon

From what I gather, chavs are distinctly a British trend, though they are heavily influenced by certain American celebrities. We have plenty of troublemaking youths in this country but very few "chavs." Hell, Burberry is still considered upscale here!! They're desperately investing and expanding in America since they've been ruined bak home. laugh.gif
But recently I saw an awful, white 15 year old at a department store buying $300 sunglasses the other day. Sweatpants, jewelry and a Burberry cap. These kinds of social trends usually start in the UK and I'm terrified of a future chav onslaught here!!

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 7th November 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

QUOTE(Consie @ Nov 7 2006, 10:31 PM) *

From what I gather, chavs are distinctly a British trend, though they are heavily influenced by certain American celebrities. We have plenty of troublemaking youths in this country but very few "chavs." Hell, Burberry is still considered upscale here!! They're desperately investing and expanding in America since they've been ruined bak home. laugh.gif
But recently I saw an awful, white 15 year old at a department store buying $300 sunglasses the other day. Sweatpants, jewelry and a Burberry cap. These kinds of social trends usually start in the UK and I'm terrified of a future chav onslaught here!!

I thought the terms 'trailer trash' or 'wigger' was the equivalent of chav over in the US....

+Quote this post
Consie
post 8th November 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Nov 7 2006, 05:21 PM) *

I thought the terms 'trailer trash' or 'wigger' was the equivalent of chav over in the US....

Yes.... perhaps. This discussion could get kind of silly because I'm absolutely no expert and the "chav" concept has been challenging for me to understand laugh.gif However, the comments on here and other things I've heard seem to indicate chavs in Britain are a much more... distinct, destructive group. There aren't a great deal of "wiggers" here in the same way. There are trashy people all over the US but they really run the gamut as far as urban, rural, black, white, etc.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 09:29 AM