BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FKA twigs: A Paglian Perspective, Cultural analysis of the aesthetic of FKA twigs
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Sir Celestial
post Aug 18 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #1
Invictus this nocturnal gift
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,162
   No Gallery Pics

I've recently posted my first cultural analysis video of one of my favourite artists. This should pique the interest of anyone curious about art, history, Egypt and/or FKA twigs. Any likes and thumbs up would be much appreciated!

Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sorAC8UgOI

This video delves into the artwork and imagery of FKA twigs, particularly her 4 album/EP covers (EP2, LP1, M3LLI55X and MAGDALENE), taking an analytical approach via the work of Camille Paglia, professor of the Arts and Humanities at the University of the Arts, Philadelphia.

Utilising Paglia's ideas of Apollonian and Dionysian phenomena, I discuss how twigs masterfully invokes the ancient Egyptian aesthetic by coalescing these two concepts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Aug 18 2020, 07:59 PM
Post #2
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Oh FKA Twigs, some great memories of the stunning Two Weeks in 2015, which was my personal #1 at the time for ages it was disappointing that it never went top 40, especially when the (also very good) Weeknd - The Hills which has a quite similar style of production was a big hit quite soon after.

The follow up to two weeks, Video Girls was very good too and not a let down like most follow ups to songs I really like.

I like history and Ancient Egypt but I actually thought the video of Two Weeks didn't really go with the song, that the song has more emotion that what was depicted in the video.

This post has been edited by Flopiday: Aug 18 2020, 08:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:02 AM