BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Olly Murs - Never Been Better, 4th album | Repack with tour DVD 20th Nov
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post 2nd August 2013, 09:34 AM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Well next year seems like a long way off at the moment but I guess now he's writing for it there's no harm in starting the topic. Olly's re-release of Right Place Right Time with a couple of new songs and his tour DVD is still scheduled for the end of the year but he's already had some writing sessions with Claude Kelly, Ed Drewett and Biff Stannard in the last few weeks for his 4th album which he'll release around about this time next year. Also in Daily Star today he's confirmed that the Captain, Gary Barlow is on board to do some writing with him as well.

It's going to be interesting seeing how his sound will develop having now been on the Robbie tour. He's grown a lot more in confidence as a writer and performer even when you look back to his first album which doesn't seem that long ago but it's knocking on nearly three years now.

Also interesting fact: in Music Week this week he's listed in the top 20 most successful songwriters of the year to date. Pretty impressive stuff smile.gif

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: 2nd October 2015, 07:13 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd August 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #2
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

If he can produce another Dear Darlin', this album will be fab. smoke.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 18th August 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon

Confirmed in an interview with Digital Spy that Example is writing with him soon for the new album: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player...d=2615131317001

+Quote this post
Cal Christopher
post 18th August 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 17,273

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Aug 18 2013, 06:56 PM) *
Confirmed in an interview with Digital Spy that Example is writing with him soon for the new album: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player...d=2615131317001

Example? Great, I can see this album is going to be... Interesting...

+Quote this post
jmarkiv
post 20th August 2013, 06:37 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,277

I really like Olly so good luck to him!

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 3rd February 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #6
Group icon

Olly's been back making magique in the studio with Claude Kelly and Steve Robson this week (and according to Claude on an Instagram post he's already got 'the tingles' - his way of saying he's already made a quite the good song). According to Daily Star Sunday yesterday who spoke to him at a charity thing he was at in the week gone, first single will probably be June/July time with album to follow in November.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th February 2014, 12:19 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

loved his first 3 albums so i look forward to this.

+Quote this post
Josh64
post 5th February 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Pronouns: London
User: 19,957

Have a lot of time for Olly.. He's a good lad and writes some good music but personally i think he's definitely made a mistake letting example produce this record..

he's well past it... but like you say its going be interesting what ever the outcome.

This post has been edited by Josh64: 5th February 2014, 04:07 PM

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 6th February 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Blog from Olly's official newsletter this week:

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well!!! Thought I'd do you a little update! I've been back in the studio for just over a week now starting on the next album, which has been pretty exciting! I started off with Wayne Hector, who is a writer I've worked with loads before and we wrote a very special ballad and started a second song which I'm quite excited about.

Then I went in with Claude Kelly and Steve Robson... the dream team... that I have written a lot of my singles with before! Claude and Steve wrote Troublemaker, Right Place Right Time, Dance With Me Tonight and Please Don't Let Me Go with me, so I'm hoping we'll have another single under our belt soon! I'm in with them for a few more days so I'm looking forward to what we come up with!

I've also been back training, which has been tough... but I'm LOVING IT! Gotta get fit for Soccer Aid this year! Looking forward to headlining a festival in Dubai next month and then touring again in Japan which is pretty mental...so I'll keep you all updated! Hope you are all behaving yourselves!

Much love, Olly xx

+Quote this post
Sandro Raniere
post 7th February 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,849

f***ing love Olly, best thing that has come out of X Factor

Soon as saw the words Example I feared the worst but can't wait for the next album

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 20th February 2014, 11:30 PM
Post #11
Group icon

So Olly's currently in Japan for some shows...and he's only gone and premiered a new bloody song! The track's called 'Look at the Sky', and it's a rewritten cover of a Japanese song with English lyrics by none other than Yoko Ono. There's talk of it being on album 4 (SOURCE: http://www.tvgroove.com/sm/news/article/ct...nid/15751.html) but for now there is a video of him performing it in Tokyo for the first time:

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 14th March 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Olly's been in LA this last week writing with Martin Johnson and Sam Hollander - perhaps best known for their work on "Cupid's Chokehold" for Gym Class Heroes, and album tracks for Katy Perry and Kelly Rowland...

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 10th April 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #13
Group icon

Exciting times abound...Olly has just Tweeted this picture from the studio of him with Robbie Williams and Guy Chambers! Can't wait to hear how that turns out!

He's also been writing and recording this last week with ex-Kaiser Chief Nick Hodgson and again with Preston (of Ordinary Boys fame, who co-wrote 'Heart Skips a Beat').

+Quote this post
pippa
post 16th June 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Olly some time back said he was gearing for a new album release in summer, it is starting to appear it wont happen. If anything, it is more likely he will release in November if at all this year. I am looking forward to hearing his new material, each of his albums so far have shown progression but managing to hold his own style.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 16th June 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #15
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Can't wait he is a great artist, although weren't that keen on his first couple of releases apart from Thinking Of Me which I love, but since his 2nd album onwards he's just brilliant and looking forward to new material

+Quote this post
pippa
post 17th June 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Olly is one of the very few acts that Syco have managed very well and have not let his career slide.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 27th July 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #17
Group icon

So...Olly's confirmed the album's out in November and that he's written material with a mystery 'total legend' (his words, not mine): http://ollymursdaily.tumblr.com/post/91482...eeks-newsletter

First single is more than likely coming in next month and a bit too as the video shoot is coming up in mid-August (I know so because there's a casting on StarNow for female extras. Intriguing!)

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 16th August 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon

So. New album is pretty much all done - Olly was at Sony the other day deciding the final order of running for the tracklisting!

And on his ASCAP entry there are FOUR (count 'em) new songs listed there - three Ed Drewett co-writes and another with Toby Gad!

http://ollymursdaily.tumblr.com/post/94886...st-your-album-4

I'm so excited knowing his new single is soon...really hope he smashes it again!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 16th August 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #19
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

He gets better and better with each album, and can't wait for new material

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 17th August 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

Olly Murs wouldn't be half as successful if it wasn't for all the promotion he gets from the x factor. They seem to have a formula of releasing a new album at the end of the year to tie in with when the show is on air.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:54 AM