BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Audio Tech Question, Need some help please
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 10th May 2020, 09:21 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Wasn’t sure where else to post this, but hopefully someone whose clued up on audio equipment can give me some direction here.

I’m trying to find a way of playing audio through basic PC Speakers using some sort of Bluetooth transmission device. The objective is that I want to be able to play music wirelessly from my iPhone or iPad and have the sound coming through these twin PC speakers. I thought I could get some kind of Bluetooth speaker with an auxiliary output or headphone jack but this is not common, then I thought about using a USB Bluetooth dongle that has a AUX output which I could connect the PC speakers into.

I’m not sure which is the best way to achieve this, or if these options would achieve the desired result, so I would welcome any advice from any tech wizards on BuzzJack please. happy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th May 2020, 09:34 AM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Moving to the Gaming & Technology forum

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 11th May 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I think iz might know I'm not good with audio stuff

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 11th May 2020, 11:37 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I would, faced with that problem, make sure I had speakers which definitely are able to accept input from a phone or tablet, but beyond that I haven't had much experience with setting up proper audio setups, I've asked Jacob x

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 11th May 2020, 11:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

You can get bluetooth speakers with aux inputs but it's not very common to get wired duel pc speakers with Bluetooth compatibility, not seen them before honestly. PC speakers are usually just wired, because generally they stay in the same place all the time, and of course you can connect to Bluetooth speakers from your PC. Of course you can connect the aux straight to your PC from a Bluetooth speaker if they have an aux (duel ones are less likely because they'd still have to connect to each other via Bluetooth to feed through a single aux, or they'd have to be wired to each other which would defeat the purpose a bit), something like this or this- you could get two but then of course they'd be separate devices, though you might be able to work things out with some wired/ software trickery (Idk you'd have to experiment)- but it'd work well if you were find with a single speaker.

I did find these duel Bluetooth PC ones, but they have bluetooth as an alternative rather than in combination with wired.

I'd suggest going with something like those, you can just connect via Bluetooth from your PC and do the same thing from your phone/ tablet. Same as any Bluetooth speaker really but they are duel "PC Speakers" which isn't very common for Bluetooth ones- getting two speakers in as one "device" is very nice, usually they're those singular brick types as above.

In their description:
Simple Switching : Integrated with Logitech Easy-Switch technology, these stereo mini-speakers let you seamlessly switch between audio devices just by pausing the audio on one device and pressing play on the other
So literally just pause on your PC and start playing on your phone, sounds like exactly what you want and no messy wires! ohmy.gif

A tad expensive but not too bad for what you're getting- not a very common product and Logitech is a decent brand so the audio quality should be quite nice. Plus you have headphone input, sort out the newer iPhone's lack of aux inputs if you've got one of them! xxx

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:00 AM