BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Game of Thrones • Season 8, 14 April 2019 | Last ever series.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jαsє
post Jan 4 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

It's official - season 8 won't be until 2019 sad.gif

Directors David Nutter ('Mother's Mercy') and Emmy winner Miguel Sapochnik ('Battle of the bast*rds') will both be back to shoot the last six episodes alongside with Benioff and Weiss so that's brilliant news.

This post has been edited by Jαsє: Nov 13 2018, 04:27 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jan 4 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
QUOTE(jase. @ Jan 4 2018, 08:08 PM) *

It's official - season 8 won't be until 2019 sad.gif

Directors David Nutter ('Mother's Mercy') and Emmy winner Miguel Sapochnik ('Battle of the bast*rds') will both be back to shoot the last six episodes alongside with Benioff and Weiss so that's brilliant news.

As long as it's Jan 1st I can live with that.

Anyone who hasn't seen it should check out Conquest And Rebellion. It's an animated, hour long programme that details Aegon's conquest of Westeros and Robert's rebellion and is narrated by Varys, Baelish, Jaime, Euron and Sansa with that actual actors themselves in their roles andalthough it doesn't tell us anything not in the books it may deepen the knowledge for show only fans.

It's really rather good too

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Feb 1 2018, 10:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Oh, what do you know, the latest set photos pretty much confirm the spoilers.

Great show, until season 7 and the crappy ending with overpowered Lannisters.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Aug 27 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Latest HBO trailer for the channel includes lots of season seven footage. There is however much discussion on Twitter because there is a clip showing Jon hugging Sansa at what looks like Winterfell which is supposedly a new scene from season eight.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Nov 13 2018, 04:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Confirmed - April 2019!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Nov 13 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I'm so hyped!!!! I need to binge re-watch the entire show in anticipation

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jan 14 2019, 08:10 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
14 April confirmed as the return date!

+Quote this post
dominiq
post Jan 15 2019, 07:00 AM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 82,067
Have you seen the trailer yet? And yes dates are confirmed finally.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 2 2019, 10:29 AM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
HBO have released some amazing posters where essentially all the remaining key characters are sat on the throne! You can see them all here but there's Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, Bran Stark, Brienne of Tarth, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Ser Davos, Euron Greyjoy, The Hound, Jaime Lannister, Lord Varys, Missandei, Melisandre, Sam Tarly, Ser Jorah, Theon Greyjoy, Tyrion Lannister, Grey Worm and The Night King *.*

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Mar 2 2019, 10:52 AM
Post #10
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
Can anyone even remember what happened last season it was so long ago lmao

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 2 2019, 11:08 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I’ve kinda lost my hype for this, I don’t really care that much for a lot of the characters that are left. I’m convinced Arya will die, most likely at the hands of someone she cares about whilst she’s in the form of someone else - ie they’ll think they’re killing Cersei or something.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 2 2019, 11:19 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Mansonette
Ps Klaus your choices of throne pics preferences seem to be female, evil or both.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 2 2019, 11:24 AM
Post #13
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 2 2019, 11:19 AM) *
Ps Klaus your choices of throne pics preferences seem to be female, evil or both.

The Night King one is the most iconic and then I tried to find one with them all on but didn't succeed so I went for second best as of course someone had already grouped together the female ones!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 2 2019, 12:08 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
I'll be excited for this once the first episode rolls down. But I'd also probably not down for the massive bloodbath that's going to occur either.

I've got my fingers crossed that a lot of the theories about Bran aren't true, as I'm not sure I'd really enjoy that as an ending to the show.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Mar 2 2019, 12:43 PM
Post #15
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I've tried to avoid most spoilers but the little things I did hear about Bran just sounded so boring. His whole story arcs for like the past 5 seasons have just been so dull I dread his parts, Hopefully it'll have a climatic ending but I doubt it tbh. I have no way to rewatch any of this rn but I'm gonna look out for a box set so I can go in prepared - I also stopped really using Facebook for anything other than messaging so spoilers will be much easier to avoid this time around laugh.gif

Re: Arya. I hadn't even though about that dandy but it sounds like a very GoT thing to do. Hopefully she gets a meaningful kill in somewhere but honestly I'm expecting many people to get completely f***ed over (ie dying too soon before getting any sort of vengeance/redemption/justice/etc.) in this season so my fingers aren't crossed.

Although saying that the cast gets cut in half every season anyway so idek who's still alive at this point

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 2 2019, 01:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
It's not that I'm not hyped, it's just the last season was so long ago, I'm struggling to remember who's where outside the main Daenerys/Jon storyline! laugh.gif The last season was spectacular in places, but did have a lot of plot holes. I'd be surprised if they end this in a way that genuinely no one sees coming or few aren't disappointed in, but I'm interested to see how they do it and I'll just pray my favourites don't die.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 2 2019, 01:37 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I really hope the break has been enough to do the end of the story justice. I found last season really below par and painfully telling in dialogue and story-pacing that it had been written by TV screenwriters left without the crutch of the book's dialogues.

I don't really care who dies aside from Arya if they kill Arya f*** everything right NOW, but when I get back into it I'm sure, or I hope I'll rekindle my love for the characters, I've stayed away from it recently to avoid burnout on one fandom, as I was getting close to that when it last aired.

However, the Bran theories that I recall, it seems essential that something approaching one of them must be true, he's obviously got a huge part to play in what's to come. I just don't know how it'll manifest itself.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 2 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #18
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Bran is literally the character I care the least about and I've never really understood his story and the mythology that surrounds it :/ I mean it'll have to be a bloody amazing twist to make me pleased with him being the decider.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 2 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Mansonette
Agreed re Bran - if he doesn't have a major part to play then his whole storyline will have been completely pointless and a bizarre aside to the rest of what has been happening.

I think Arya is the character I care about the most also and I think that's why I'm dooming and glooming that she's going to die. I'm expecting Tyrion to survive, primarily because I can't think of any satisfying way that he could not make it to the end. Plus my theory on her death would make quite a memorable end for her... it'd be akin to Daenerys being eaten by one of her dragons!

I also agree with your point around the dialogue and story pacing last season Iz, the thing that made me love the show in the first place was the amusing dialogue scenes and the unforeseen twists as opposed to the action and more filmic scenes. I think that's why I've lost interest in Tyrion, he was such a perfect character for the first few seasons but one so reliant on wit and dialogue was completely ruined when they lost the material to base him on.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 2 2019, 02:26 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 2 2019, 01:56 PM) *
I think Arya is the character I care about the most also and I think that's why I'm dooming and glooming that she's going to die. I'm expecting Tyrion to survive, primarily because I can't think of any satisfying way that he could not make it to the end. Plus my theory on her death would make quite a memorable end for her... it'd be akin to Daenerys being eaten by one of her dragons!

I also agree with your point around the dialogue and story pacing last season Iz, the thing that made me love the show in the first place was the amusing dialogue scenes and the unforeseen twists as opposed to the action and more filmic scenes. I think that's why I've lost interest in Tyrion, he was such a perfect character for the first few seasons but one so reliant on wit and dialogue was completely ruined when they lost the material to base him on.

I honestly wouldn't be too sad if that is what happens to Arya as the resolution of her arc, we went through a lot of character building with her that at times was questionable in quality, and a payoff that appropriate would make much of that worth it.

Tyrion is indeed the character that has been affected the most by this, his quotes last season were nothing compared to classics such as 'the god of tits and wine' and 'I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bast*rds and broken things', I just remember them feeling a little forced.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:38 PM