BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RAYE - Call On Me, New Single / 11.06.21
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post 25th June 2021, 09:49 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I'm pretty sure most of them have been!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
fans for hilson
post 26th June 2021, 07:40 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 34,585

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ Jun 25 2021, 10:49 AM) *
I'm pretty sure most of them have been!

Natalie don’t and love me again weren’t!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 26th June 2021, 08:02 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Oh really? sad.gif That's disappointing given they were her best!!!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 29th June 2021, 04:03 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

cry.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 29th June 2021, 04:09 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

This post has been edited by Jαsє: 29th June 2021, 04:14 PM

+Quote this post
danG
post 29th June 2021, 04:14 PM
Post #46
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

that is so sad especially given the song presumably isn't doing half as well as the label would've liked it to (and it really deserves to be a hit too but Hot Hits isn't supporting it, how typical). what's more is she has 22m Spotify listeners, of course that includes her guest appearances but still surely warrants her being able to actually release an album. such a shame label issues like this seem to be so very common still.

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 29th June 2021, 04:21 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030

That must be so frustrating for her! Part of me wonders why labels force acts to release a certain genre of music. Why not let them focus on the music they’re passionate about as I feel like that’s more likely to be a hit than a song the artist barely even cares about.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 29th June 2021, 04:22 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I just find the whole situation so incredibly sad sad.gif A four album record deal for the past 7 YEARS and she hasn't been allowed to even put out one mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Jαsє: 29th June 2021, 04:23 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 29th June 2021, 04:24 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

This is heartbreaking and she is so so talented. "Call On Me" isn't her best but she knows that and she will have released this music that she doesn't want to do to appease her label and for what?! For them to treat her like this.

I actually think if she stuck to her more R&B stuff like Decline, Cigarette, Sssh, she would be a LOT more popular than she is. A dance feature shouldn't mean that is all you are capable of - unfortunately Becky has had the same treatment too.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 29th June 2021, 04:27 PM
Post #50
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475

It’s so sad but at the same time the music industry is a business.

Sadly, the label have put a lot of effort into making her a success.

I don’t really see what else they could of done, I think it’s a bit mean to throw shade at her label who have actually given her a huge chance and by the sounds of it have tried to make her profitable for them.

I’m incredibly sad for her and I’m praying somehow this becomes a hit but I don’t really know what she expects? She hasn’t managed to build up a big enough fanbase.

She’s playlisted on Capital, Radio 1 etc and even at 59p on iTunes she’s struggling to make a real impact, for any artist why would a label give the green light with albums sales so low already knowing she isn’t able to sell a single.

This post has been edited by Mr. C. Joel: 29th June 2021, 04:28 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 29th June 2021, 04:32 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I mean she's changed the genre of music she wants to do, she has been promised and lied to and been given severe anxiety waking up every day to see if she can continue with a career she wants and currently has. I definetly think her label are warranting to be shaded.

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 29th June 2021, 04:36 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I definitely see both sides. If she’s on a four album contract then you’d think she’d be able to release the music. But also I’m not surprised that Call On Me is doing nothing. This style of generic pop just isn’t popular anymore. Im sure if she’d been able to carry on with the RnB music she’d be doing better.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 29th June 2021, 04:37 PM
Post #53
Group icon

Her R&B stuff flopped! She had a minor hit with Decline then Cigarette etc weren’t exactly massive hits either.

I know I’ll probably be in the minority but there’s thousands of artists who NEVER get a record deal or artists that have 1/2 singles and then get dropped.

She’s bloody lucky she’s been signed for 7 years and they’re still putting money into her.

Obviously as an artist it’s frustrating but imagine a whole album campaign the cost of that for her to sell literally 1/2k?

She just isn’t popular for whatever reason and that’s shown through having successful collabs but unable to get a generic hit herself despite playlist support and Radio play.

This post has been edited by Mr. C. Joel: 29th June 2021, 04:37 PM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 29th June 2021, 04:38 PM
Post #54
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Good on her for speaking out

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 29th June 2021, 04:38 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr. C. Joel @ Jun 29 2021, 05:37 PM) *
Her R&B stuff flopped! She had a minor hit with Decline then Cigarette etc weren’t exactly massive hits either.

I know I’ll probably be in the minority but there’s thousands of artists who NEVER get a record deal or artists that have 1/2 singles and then get dropped.

She’s bloody lucky she’s been signed for 7 years and they’re still putting money into her.

Obviously as an artist it’s frustrating but imagine a whole album campaign the cost of that for her to sell literally 1/2k?

She just isn’t popular for whatever reason and that’s shown through having successful collabs but unable to get a generic hit herself despite playlist support and Radio play.

The empathy jumps out in this one. Christ.

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 29th June 2021, 04:42 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I see what you mean but then the label should have never offered her a 4 album deal to then never let her release anything.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 29th June 2021, 04:45 PM
Post #57
Group icon

QUOTE(Frenchie @ Jun 29 2021, 05:42 PM) *
I see what you mean but then the label should have never offered her a 4 album deal to then never let her release anything.

No they shouldn’t but the music industry behind the scene’s is pretty horrendous!

I feel so sad for her but count your blessings at the same time, she’s been able to release loads of material and still be somewhat support after 7 years despite flop after flop,

The collabs are literally paying for her to be able to release solo material.

I’m gutted for her completely but I don’t understand what she expects when her solo songs are just flops.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 29th June 2021, 04:49 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yikes. I have no words. Take sides with a multi million business rather than an amazing and talented individual laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 29th June 2021, 04:52 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ Jun 29 2021, 05:49 PM) *
Yikes. I have no words. Take sides with a multi million business rather than an amazing and talented individual laugh.gif

I know it’s a bit extreme, but they’re not wrong. After 2016/17 I didn’t expect to see her in the charts again so she’s done well with the collabs in recent years.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 29th June 2021, 04:55 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I get that, but she is still a decent name, she does well with collabs and she is immensely talented. I personally just think it's weird to defend a multi million busines alike that over an individual who has admitted it's taken a toll on her mental health daily and she's worked very hard to get where she is. I would say this over anyone as well, and I wish labels would just let people release music they want and fele passionate about than generic chart hits - the public see right through it and it rarely works unless you are a Dance act.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:57 AM