BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Big Reunion Documentary, Atomic Kitten/Liberty X/B*Witched/911/Honeyz/5ive
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
inactiveaccount
post Jan 28 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
What will they do? "Whole Again"?!?!?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Jan 28 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
QUOTE(dannjohn3 @ Jan 28 2013, 12:35 PM) *
What will they do? "Whole Again"?!?!?

I'm thinking they will do Right Now, or maybe a medley.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 28 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #63
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Woo! Looking forward to Atomic Kitten performing! (Even if it is gonna be with Kerry.)

EDIT: I don't get what would be weird about them performing 'Whole Again'?

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Jan 28 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #64
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
I think this is so weird, Atomic Kitten without Jenny. I wonder how Jenny feels right now, I would feel betrayed. I know she's pregnant blah blah, but they shouldn't have done this without her.
Surprised to hear about Natasha and the baby. I always thought it was really good that they showed her pregnant in 'Tide Is High' video, so I had no idea she felt that way about her figure.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Jan 28 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Atonement @ Jan 28 2013, 03:06 PM) *
I think this is so weird, Atomic Kitten without Jenny. I wonder how Jenny feels right now, I would feel betrayed. I know she's pregnant blah blah, but they shouldn't have done this without her.
Surprised to hear about Natasha and the baby. I always thought it was really good that they showed her pregnant in 'Tide Is High' video, so I had no idea she felt that way about her figure.

Well from something I either read earlier in the thread or on PopJustice, they were originally going to do it with Jenny, but then she got pregnant so she said to Tash and Liz they can do it with Kerry if they really want to, they said they would think about it, decided they were going to do it with Kerry, but didn't tell Jenny, and she found out through the press and was very upset, Liz was all like I should have called her but I didn't. Or something like that.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Jan 29 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #66
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Cannot wait for this but deary me, some of the respective band members have not aged at all well. Gotta say I'm also a bit baffled as to why Honeyz are a part of this when their only real success was with their first two singles (both of which were lovely, especially 'Finally Found' which I believe was written by Henry Binns of Zero 7 fame?) My crush on Lindsay Armaou from B*Witched has reignited itself. Very surprised to hear her and Lee split? They should have had a solo artist in there like Louise Redknapp or Kavana in there to give it a bit more variety mind. It's just boring when it's all bands! Also one other thing...Abs from 5ive's fake Jamaican accent seems to have got worse/more laughable with time.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 29 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #67
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Where did you read that Lee & Lindsay have split?

The whole point of this programme is that it's reuniting groups, and the main focus is on how good or bad the relationships were between the group members back in the day. A solo artist's story wouldn't fit in well.

I think if the programme makers had managed to get Eternal on board instead of the Honeyz, that would have been a lot better! I do wonder if they would have been asked, as they seem like an obvious choice to me.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Jan 29 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I think Mis Teeq would have personally been better than both and are obviously more remembered with Alesha and Sabrina always in the press etc.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Jan 29 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #69
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
QUOTE(Jạy @ Jan 29 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Where did you read that Lee & Lindsay have split?

Interview they did for Fabulous magazine over the weekend... http://fabulousmag.co.uk/tag/bwitched/

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Jan 29 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #70
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
QUOTE(Jack @ Jan 29 2013, 07:03 PM) *
I think Mis Teeq would have personally been better than both and are obviously more remembered with Alesha and Sabrina always in the press etc.

Plus, there seems to be talks of Mis-Teeq possibly reforming anyway!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Jan 29 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
So acording to an interview in my TV Guide Kerreh has been learning songs she has never recorded before for this gig. I am officially offended!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 29 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Oh, Eternal would have been a far more interesting inclusion than Mis-Teeq imo. Eternal were a very dramatic group, perfect fodder for this programme - Louise walking out after the debut album for a solo career, the Bennett sisters telling Kelle via letter that she was no longer in the group... so bitchy and tempestuous! I'd love to hear them talk about it all with the benefit of hindsight.

Is Sabrina always in the press? unsure.gif The last time I was aware of her was on I'm A Celebrity in 2009 (and 'OMG' in 2010, but that went completely unnoticed by the public). I don't think Alesha's fame (as a television personality) means that Mis-Teeq are still well remembered. Like Kerry and Atomic Kitten, Alesha has completely transcended the fact she was ever in Mis-Teeq. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see them reunite, but I don't think they needed to be involved in The Big Reunion programme.

That's a shame about Lee & Lindsay. That was very low-key, no one's bothered to report it!

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jan 30 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I'm so excited to see Liberty X & Atomic Kitten.

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post Jan 30 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #74
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
User: 4,631
I think part of the appeal of this show to me is that the members have mostly disappeared from the public eye. I think Kerry Katona and, to an extent, Michelle Heaton are the only ones you still see on TV. I think Alesha Dixon and Louise Redknapp are too famous (and not desperate, like Kerry) for this show. I wouldn't be excited about Mis-Teeq being involved because it doesn't seem impressive to get them back together.

I think Eternal would be pretty cool on here, but I prefer the Honeyz (who had a bunch of their own line up changes and drama) so I don't begrudge them a place. If I get tickets for the gig it'll basically be because of the Honeyz.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 30 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #75
Group icon
I don't think this was posted before now - the press release for Episode 3, featuring B*Witched & the Honeyz: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep3week7/big-reunion

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post Jan 31 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #76
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
User: 4,631
Lindsey, “We were the first girl group to have their first four singles go straight in at number one. We broke records.”

Surely the Spice Girls did this first, or am I missing something?!

The Honeyz drama is too much, I'm on their Wikipedia and I'm struggling to understand. Heavenli left and got replaced by Mariama who left and got replaced by Heavenli and then they fizzled out. They appeared on Hit Me Baby One More Time in 2005 with the same line up and plans to make new music, but Naima left and Celena's sister Candii replaced her only for Heavenli to then leave again and be replaced with Mariama. Now they're back with Celena, Heavenli and Mariama - one of the few line ups that have never existed. laugh.gif I'm surprised they're going on with Heavenli in the group after she ditched them shortly after they were signed to Def Jam!

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jan 31 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Was this not channel 5? But its now ITV2?!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 31 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #78
Group icon
^^ Spice Girls' 'Wannabe' entered at #3 before it peaked at #1, whereas B*Witched were the first to have their first four singles enter straight in at #1! Spice Girls were the first to have their first four singles peak at #1 (and of course that stretched to six in a row). This is also why Girls Aloud were noted as being the first UK girl group to enter at #1 with a debut single, due to 'Wannabe' entering at #3.

The line up changes of the Honeyz give the Sugababes a run for their money. laugh.gif Interesting to learn that Naima and Mariama didn't get on. I wasn't heavily invested in the Honeyz as personalities, so I never gave much thought as to why Mariama left the group so quickly. I'd lost my interest in them by the time they released 'Not Even Gonna Trip'.

Dann, I'm pretty certain that this was always an ITV2 project. This programme was announced back in October by ITV's head of digital channels Angela Jain.

+Quote this post
Griefle Mix
post Jan 31 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #79

This show is starting right now.

Please follow Matt Edmondson on Twitter. He will make you laugh out loud with his tweets about the Big Reunion, I promise. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jan 31 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #80
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Hearing all of those songs at the start made me grin quite a bit! How could I forget Never Let You Down! All five of Honeyz top ten hits were glorious in their own way wub.gif

+Quote this post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:00 PM