BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

25 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mel B • General Discussion, America's Got Talent: Fantasy League (2024)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Hide&Seek
post Aug 25 2018, 11:54 PM
Post #101
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,500
   No Gallery Pics

Melanie Brown ?
If you told the person on the street that Melanie Brown has a book out, they wouldn't know who you mean !
She's good looking, but I don't like the photo or the pose either.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Aug 26 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #102
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Mel B statement:

“The past six months have been incredibly difficult for me.I’ve been working with a writer on my book, Brutally Honest, and it has been unbelievably traumatic reliving an emotionally abusive relationship and confronting so many massive issues in my life from the death of my dad to my relationship with men.

I've also been through more than a year of court battles which have left me finacially battered and at the mercy of the legal system which is ocmpletely weighted against emotionally abused women because it's very hard to prove how someone took away all your self-respect and self-worth.

I am being very honest in my book about drinking to numb my pain but that is just a way a lot of people mask what is really going on.Sometimes it is too hard to cope with all the emotions I feel. But the problem has never been about sex or alcohol — it is underneath all that.

I have recently been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and on August 9, after trying many different therapies I started a course of therapy called EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing) which in a nutshell works on the memory to deal with some of the very painful and traumatic situations I have been through.I don’t want to jinx it, but so far it’s really helping me. I am fully aware I am at a crisis point.

No-one knows myself better than I do. But I am dealing with it. I love my three girls more than life itself.I have also made the decision to go into a proper therapy programme in the next few weeks, but it has to be in the UK because I am very, very British and I know that will work best for me.

I am still struggling. But if I can shine a light on the issue of pain, PTSD and the things men and women do to mask it, I will do.I am speaking about this because this is a huge issue for so many people.I’m not perfect, and I have never pretended to be.

But I am working on being a better version of myself for my kids, for my family and for all the people who have supported me in my life."

sad.gif heart.gif Glad she's spoken out and is getting some help.

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Aug 26 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #103
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

She's one brave human being. Coping with all of that in front of the world's media must be extremely challenging.

Most would be tempted to hide away or give up. But she's still working so hard. I'm sure she'll come out the other side much stronger.

That's girl power right there! heart.gif

+Quote Post
Babyboy
post Aug 27 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #104
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,611
   No Gallery Pics

So sad for Melanie.....I hope she will recover soon!

Guys I am thinking to build up a Mel's timeline with all her solo projects. What do you think?

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Aug 27 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #105
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Sounds great!

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 15 2018, 09:52 PM
Post #106

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-62...t-new-book.html

Sorry to link the Daily Mail but there's a lot of extracts from a draft of her upcoming book.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 24 2018, 11:52 PM
Post #107

Mel will be signing copies of her book in WHSmith!

Dates revealed:

Fri 30 Nov 4:30pm - 6:00pm Leeds
Sat 1 Dec 11:00am - 12:30pm Nottingham
Sat 1 Dec 3:30pm - 5:00pm Milton Keynes

+Quote Post
vibe
post Oct 25 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #108
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

I have a ticket for Milton keys

+Quote Post
dachiki
post Oct 25 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #109
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 78,056
   No Gallery Pics

I also took my ticket for the signing session in Milton Keynes.
I hope Mel will sign other merchandise than her book despite the terms and conditions of Whsmith's mail.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Nov 27 2018, 10:47 PM
Post #110

Brutally Honest was released today!

+Quote Post
tommie
post Nov 27 2018, 11:51 PM
Post #111
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

Eddie? Girl, u serious?

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 28 2018, 12:35 AM
Post #112
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

tried to get this at Sainsbury's and Add today but no luck.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Nov 28 2018, 06:40 AM
Post #113
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Apparently it’s sold out everywhere

+Quote Post
Alberto!
post Nov 29 2018, 12:01 AM
Post #114
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 39,843
   No Gallery Pics

Bought my copy from Foyles happy.gif

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Nov 29 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #115
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not loving that hair style at all she looks old like that

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Nov 29 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #116
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Blond 2.0 @ Nov 29 2018, 03:05 PM) *
I'm not loving that hair style at all she looks old like that

I think she looks great. She is in her 40's and doesn't need to look like she's in her 20's all the time.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Dec 15 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #117

Has anyone else read this yet? I finished earlier this week. Spoilers ahead!

Firstly, I have to say the book's structure is quite unusual in that it's not written in any sort of chronological order. One moment you can be reading about Stephen, and then she jumps back to mentioning a situation with Jimmy, and suddenly you're back to her childhood. I think if you were reading it without having much knowledge about Mel to begin with, it'd be a bit of a disorientating read.

The main focus of the book is most certainly on dysfunctional relationships and signs of abuse, so it's understandably quite a heavy read. I'm glad that she has put her side out and explained how she felt/coped/reacted to various moments.

Everything regarding Stephen was my least favourite element of Brutally Honest, although I appreciate that this relationship is essentially the whole point of this book. I have to say, I struggled to ultimately understand why on earth she ever got involved with him, to the extent of marrying him within 2 months of meeting him. She says she felt vulnerable after having her baby and feeling burned by Eddie, but she doesn't give the impression that she loved Stephen in the run up to the marriage taking place. I think she implied that it was a bit of a rebound thing, to send a message to Eddie that she'd moved on. She says she didn't feel attracted to him in the run up to their marriage. The book doesn't really explain properly at what stage she genuinely felt that she was in love with Stephen (and she does say she was in love with him). Idk, the dynamics of their early relationship didn't feel fleshed out enough to get a true understanding of what she saw in him before it all went wrong.

I have to say in regards to her relationship with Stephen, the book does meander around describing rather similar situations between them, throughout... dare I say at points that made for a bit of a boring read. One of two of the scenarios could easily have been cut and you'd still have more than got the impression that their relationship was an awful time for her.

I think what I most enjoyed about the book was regarding her pre-fame years - more about her family/background and her drive/aspirations towards becoming famous. I can't remember to what depth she went into this in her 2002 book, but a lot of it seemed like new information to me! It's a shame she lost contact with her family for so many years... I think us fans knew over the past decade how strange that situation was, the warning signs really were there all along.

There wasn't too much about the Spice Girls really, although what was mentioned was quite interesting - particularly in regards to the 2007/8 reunion and how things ended up being a bit strained between the girls (Stephen being the root of the problem). Mel blames herself for the tour ending early, and she even says that they ended on a low point, rather than them "going out on a high". She takes the opportunity to apologise to the girls over it, so things must have been rather bad between them for her to feel the need to do that. There's also a moment Mel describes that happened on tour which is rather harrowing, I won't spoil that, but it's not nice to think back to that tour and realise that it wasn't a very happy time for her, when it really should have been.

Everything regarding her time with Eddie Murphy was pretty interesting to read, given that she'd never previously discussed him in any great depth beforehand. I'm kind of surprised that she refers to him as being the love of her life (as she has done in TV interviews too), because judging by her account of their time together he was quite unreasonable in certain respects, and then he was cruel to her at the end of the relationship (as we all know, re: him casting doubt on whether Mel's baby was his).

She didn't mention For Once In My Life! cry.gif ( laugh.gif ). In fact she didn't go into much depth about her solo career at all, a bit about her TV work (although mentions of X Factor and America's Got Talent were more in relation to how her personal life was going while on the shows), but nothing about music.

There was a few typos, and there was one situation that was all wrong in terms of time-frame. I'd have gladly offered my services as a proof reader before this was published! kink.gif

Overall I enjoyed it, at least as far as you can enjoy a book that describes some pretty horrific circumstances.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Dec 18 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #118

Mel B and her daughters in a photo shoot for Hello magazine - https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2...ve-los-angeles/

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Dec 21 2018, 04:04 AM
Post #119
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

I'm getting the book for Christmas. I am looking forward to finding out more of her story.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Dec 31 2018, 10:34 AM
Post #120
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

the typos in this book are outrageous considering the team of people she has behind her...

she also seems to really overplay her relationship with victoria... i know victoria is closer with the girls then the press let on but i feel like in the book, mel really oversaturates.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:53 AM