BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Deadpool, Feb 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 6 2016, 01:39 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Really happy this is a 15, meaning I can see it in the cinema! Will arrange to see it at some point over the next couple of weeks, looks so great heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 6 2016, 01:43 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
I can't help but feel the trailers and various promo tactics will be more fun and entertaining than the actual movie.

+Quote this post
post Feb 9 2016, 11:09 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I was a bit disappointed by this. Some of the gags didn't land properly for me. But it was fun and entertaining, some of it made me laugh. It feels a little cheap though, I feel as though they could have gotten a better villain. Meh, 3/5

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 11 2016, 12:17 AM
Post #24
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I rather loved it. Had very limited experience of Deadpool before this aside from knowing who he was, and I thought it was very entertaining (for a superhero movie, I'm normally so harsh on those). Helped that the whole theatre was laughing but even though I saw some of the jokes coming, there were a few that were a bit more unexpected and clever.

I think I just love being fourth walled at.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 11 2016, 03:48 AM
Post #25
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I really enjoyed it too. It didn't go the extra mile in terms of story or anything and it could have been "amazing", but tbh it was pretty much as you would expect it to be. Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool and I'm so glad it's got a sequel confirmed. The post-credits scene was amazing! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Feb 11 2016, 11:17 AM
Post #26
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
loveeeeeeeed this. so many self referential moments and the Bradley cooper mask is just making me laugh

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 13 2016, 07:32 AM
Post #27
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Just the first five minutes had me screaming. Deadpool is literal QUEEN.

+Quote this post
post Feb 13 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(🌚🌚🌚 @ Feb 11 2016, 11:17 AM) *
loveeeeeeeed this. so many self referential moments and the Bradley cooper mask is just making me laugh

Huge Jackman you mean? I did dose off a bit though so might have missed that.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Feb 13 2016, 02:02 PM
Post #29
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Saw it Wednesday - loved it! Not a huge fan of the Marvel films, but loved how this film was so self aware.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Feb 13 2016, 04:16 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
I was in two minds over this, but I was won over, great credits at the start, gags aplenty "right up main street" laugh.gif loads of kick arse action that busty woman really kicked arse hate to meet her in a dark alley, very impressive at the end, I never thought this movie would do that good considering the rating for it. My own down point, the annoying British villain, just came across as a right tw@t. Roll on Captain America.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Feb 13 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #31
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Really really enjoyed it, loved how it didn't take itself seriously at all and how it got straight into the action. Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin were both fab. The humour mostly hit the mark for me, can't wait for the sequel!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 13 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #32
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Adding to the love for this. There are way too many superhero movies atm, so to see one so self-aware and with a protagonist that can definitely not be described as a conventional hero was brilliant. I've not laughed as much at a Marvel film in a long time. Colossus, Negasonic and the blind coke addict were fab too <3 Francis & Copycat were a bit one dimensional, but certainly didn't take away from my enjoyment of the film.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Feb 19 2016, 01:22 PM
Post #33
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I did really enjoy this but I think some of the reactions to it are a bit hyperbolic, top 50 of all-time on IMDB? My favourite thing about it was how well-choreographed the action wise, it's a shame that the budget wasn't higher because I'd have happily watched Deadpool flipping around with blades and guns for hours. I liked the humour side to it too, especially the fourth wall breaking and the pop culture references, my favourite joke was about the studio only being able to afford 2 X-men laugh.gif It was hilarious as well when his bones kept breaking as he tried to punch/kick Colossus and then did a 127 Hours on us and then the hand grows back as a baby first, it was all just so bonkers and refreshing to see in a supehero movie that it's a bit of a shame that at other times it was pretty much just tits and ass jokes :/ I actually preferred the raunchy humour in Dirty Grandpa but that got destroyed by critics :/

I'm glad Ryan Reynolds got to make this finally and that it did have so many highs but I think it's lack of action forces me to put it behind a few of the other superhero blockbusters, incredibly happy that a sequel has already been greenlit though biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by •Josh•: Feb 19 2016, 01:23 PM

+Quote this post
post Feb 19 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I agree that the reactions for this have been somewhat over the top Josh. It's an undeniably great movie but it's not show-stoppingly good.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Feb 19 2016, 01:45 PM
Post #35
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
QUOTE(•Josh• @ Feb 19 2016, 01:22 PM) *
I did really enjoy this but I think some of the reactions to it are a bit hyperbolic, top 50 of all-time on IMDB? My favourite thing about it was how well-choreographed the action wise, it's a shame that the budget wasn't higher because I'd have happily watched Deadpool flipping around with blades and guns for hours. I liked the humour side to it too, especially the fourth wall breaking and the pop culture references, my favourite joke was about the studio only being able to afford 2 X-men laugh.gif It was hilarious as well when his bones kept breaking as he tried to punch/kick Colossus and then did a 127 Hours on us and then the hand grows back as a baby first, it was all just so bonkers and refreshing to see in a supehero movie that it's a bit of a shame that at other times it was pretty much just tits and ass jokes :/ I actually preferred the raunchy humour in Dirty Grandpa but that got destroyed by critics :/

I'm glad Ryan Reynolds got to make this finally and that it did have so many highs but I think it's lack of action forces me to put it behind a few of the other superhero blockbusters, incredibly happy that a sequel has already been greenlit though biggrin.gif

the broken wrists scene had me howling

also never realised how much of a fan of slapstick I was til watching this. blind woman tripping etc

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 20 2016, 01:25 AM
Post #36
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Really enjoyed this! So much fun, the script was really funny and the movie was a fresh and innovative take on the genre. Ryan Reynolds was fantastic in the lead role and I think that's easily the best he has been since The Proposal heart.gif I also loved the supporting cast and thought Morena Baccarin was great! The film was intriguing the entire time and had many entertaining and interesting moments, along with a lot of funny jokes (and the couple of Wolverine/Green Lantern stuff were pretty funny). My highlight of the movie though was the title credits at the start, possibly one of my favourite ever and so funny, was laughing so much! Also the end credits was great (glad my friend forced us all to wait because we all thought there wasn't one), despite getting no information, taking the mockery of end credits scenes and basically saying we should have left was so funny!.

9.5/10

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Feb 20 2016, 03:00 AM
Post #37
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I thought it was great fun and extremely entertaining. I'd probably place it as my favourite film of the year so far, but like others have said I wouldn't say it was that incredible. The humour was on point and the film was full of action. So yeah, extremely entertaining!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Feb 23 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
great movie, Ryan Reynolds finally gets the vehicle that does his dry, deprecating sense of humour justice. Yes, it's violent, dubious morality at times, but it is SO funny and very knowing, lampooning the genre it lives in, lampooning Ryan and his own career, talking directly to the audience with plenty of pop culture references for comics and movie fandom geeks (like me). In terms of wisecracking vengeful killers, few actors could carry it off and come out of it smelling of endearing roses. Pluses for me Morena Baccarin (famous mostly for Homeland among the non-sci-fi fraternity but beloved by me for Firefly), Galaxyquest's Jed Rees as a smooth baddie, and Leslie Uggams as Blind Al, beloved of me as Kizzy in Roots, a 70's showstopping performance in a major TV miniseries, and I've not seen her on screen in decades. Hooray! She's fab in this.

Film of the year so far for me along with The Big Short, beats the pants off over-rated tedious blowhards like The Revenant.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 23 2016, 11:16 PM
Post #39
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
"Chicken Noodle. Nothing Compares 2 U. Sinead O'Connor."

I was HOWLING. (Mainly because I had been WAITING for that joke the minute she appeared on screen.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 24 2016, 12:44 AM
Post #40
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I enjoyed this much more on 2nd viewing tbh. I think I had a bit too high expectations originally, but the 2nd viewing I appreciated it a lot more (although I never disliked it in the first place!)

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:40 PM