BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calvin Harris music genres
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Frenchie
post Aug 13 2019, 09:40 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 72,030
   No Gallery Pics

I was thinking about Calvin's music production and how each album/era of his songs have sounded different.

Looking at Wikipedia entries for his songs, lots of terms are used for the genre such as electro house, EDM, progressive house, deep house, synth pop, dance pop, electro pop and there doesn't seem to be any clear distinction between albums.

Does anyone know how these terms are different and what terms do people think his different eras of music best relate to?

For example are '18 Months' and 'Motion' more EDM and 'HDIYL', 'TIWYCF' and his recent singles more house style music?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Aug 13 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

Let’s not ignore Funk Wav Bounces here which was so far removed from what we had come to expect! I think the diversity of genres here just shows how adaptable and diverse Calvin is as a producer and he definitely knows how to move with the times in a way that is original and not trend chasing.

+Quote Post
Frenchie
post Aug 14 2019, 06:12 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 72,030
   No Gallery Pics

100% agree. I feel like some artists just get to a point where they start to burn out and can’t make original good songs anymore as they try to follow trends. However Calvin just gets more successful with each era of music and he’s almost making his own trends which is incredible and shows his talents at producing. I honestly think he could still be doing really well in 5 or 10 years time, which I’m not sure I could say for many other current artists.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 AM