BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The best Greatest Hits albums
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Bjork
post 20th February 2021, 07:25 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

^not that crazy about the Sinead O'Connor Best Of, missed Three babies and has some bizarre collaborations no one cared about... in the case of Sinead, you're better off buying her first 2 albums...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 20th February 2021, 08:46 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(dandy* @ Feb 19 2021, 12:04 PM) *
I bought Legend last year... and I don't really love it tbh. Reggae isn't a genre that I particularly like but even so it's not as good as I expected it to be from the level of acclaim it gets.

My track listing for a Marley Hits album:

Soul Rebel
Stir It Up
Get Up Stand Up
I Shot The Sheriff
No Woman No Cry
Exodus
Waiting In Vain
Jamming
One Love/People Get Ready
Punky Reggae Party
Is This Love
Satisfy My Soul
So Much Trouble In The World
Could You Be Loved
Three Little Birds
Redemption Song
Buffalo Soldier
Iron Lion Zion
Why Should I
Keep On Moving
What Goes Around Comes Around
Sun Is Shining
Turn Your Lights Down Low (with Lauryn Hill)
Rainbow Country

A much better representation of Marley, and that's still less than half of his singles...

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 20th February 2021, 10:35 AM
Post #43
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Colm @ Feb 19 2021, 06:03 PM) *
PopArt is much weaker for me as I liked very little after Very. The only essential single post-Very and pre-Fundamental is Flamboyant, for me. I really get nothing out of the rest.

Se a vida é and You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk are both essential for me, and actually both in my PSB top five. I thought Bilingual was a brilliant album, though Nightlife and Release not so much. I'd say they've had quite a few other great singles since those too, the ones you mentioned plus Love Etc, Love Is A Borgeouis Construct, Vocal, The Pop Kids to name a few, which it would be good to see collected on the inevitable next hits album. They've rescheduled their GH tour to next year so there's a chance they could release one to coincide with that maybe.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 20th February 2021, 05:39 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

My favourite great hits is probably The Prodigy or Eminem ones from the noughties

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 21st February 2021, 09:54 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Feb 20 2021, 10:35 AM) *
Se a vida é and You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk are both essential for me, and actually both in my PSB top five. I thought Bilingual was a brilliant album, though Nightlife and Release not so much. I'd say they've had quite a few other great singles since those too, the ones you mentioned plus Love Etc, Love Is A Borgeouis Construct, Vocal, The Pop Kids to name a few, which it would be good to see collected on the inevitable next hits album. They've rescheduled their GH tour to next year so there's a chance they could release one to coincide with that maybe.

Yes both essential tracks for me, and granted I'm biased but around 40 tracks since Discography have topped my personal charts vs 14 from Discography. Go West, Can You Forgive Her, Footsteps, Miracles, Integral, Liberation, Numb, All Over The World, More Than A Dream, Burn and so many more fab tracks.....

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 22nd February 2021, 03:33 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Last Dreamer @ Feb 18 2021, 11:37 AM) *
"More Gold" is the best ABBA compilation.

Angeleyes, When I Kissed The Teacher, Honey Honey, When All Is Said And Done, Ring Ring, Head Over Heels wub.gif

"That's Me" still missed. mad.gif

Wouldn't say More Abba Gold is better than Gold but is just as good and more people should discover it. The lesser hits and some album tracks too.

The 2-disc The Definitive Collection with all the singles in chronological order is the best one really.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 22nd February 2021, 03:34 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(steve201 @ Feb 20 2021, 05:39 PM) *
My favourite great hits is probably The Prodigy or Eminem ones from the noughties

Curtain Call - The Hits by Eminem is good if you don't want to buy all his albums.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:49 PM