BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rules Of Attraction, was on last night. anyone watched?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Joao.
post 19th October 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,497

I watched it. thought it was really good.now im really interested in reading the book the film was based on. I thought the acting was great and that the guy from Dawson Creek wasnt that bad for once!!! although he shouldnt try to play bad asses anymore sleep.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
russt68
post 20th October 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 213

FABULOUS movie - and you really must read the book, too, by Bret Easton Ellis (same guy who penned American Psycho). Ian Somerhalder is tremendous in this movie - he steals every scene, I reckon.

Trivia piece...in the section where he travels the world and it's shown in fast-moving clips, he visits a club in London... very briefly, Keren from Bananarama is shown with him in the club tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Andyb
post 20th October 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 1,592

Love this film got it on DVD wub.gif Ian Somerhalder is so hot in it!

+Quote this post
Mr. Mondo
post 26th October 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 4,307

QUOTE(russt68 @ Oct 20 2007, 01:16 AM) *
FABULOUS movie - and you really must read the book, too, by Bret Easton Ellis (same guy who penned American Psycho). Ian Somerhalder is tremendous in this movie - he steals every scene, I reckon.

Trivia piece...in the section where he travels the world and it's shown in fast-moving clips, he visits a club in London... very briefly, Keren from Bananarama is shown with him in the club tongue.gif

Some of the techniques employed in the film are great, though that is not one of the parts that I like. The film has a great soundtrack, great ending and a good performance from Dawson’s James van der Beek, though in no way as good as Christian Bale in American Psycho. It is a film that is good, but does not hold up to repeated viewings.

3/5 (originally 4/5 on first viewing)

+Quote this post
russt68
post 26th October 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 213

ugh... American Psycho is one of the worst films ever made - it makes Boxing Helena look like Lord of the Rings.

Appalling film, and even the usually-fabulous Mr Bale can't rescue it.

Read the book, ignore the shocking movie. Also - I think it's about time a PROPER adaptation of American Psycho was made - not the glossy, crass, dumbed-down version that's been made.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 01:00 AM