BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> BANLIST PROPOSAL
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 1st January 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(It @ Dec 30 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Who is Sebastian? ohmy.gif

one of the guys who was on The Way I Are with Timbaland and Keri Hilson happy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post 1st January 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 229

Ok Tyron, I agree it's a starting rule and Thx God u do not propose this as a rule laugh.gif
so we are on the same page after all happy.gif

+Quote this post
Ricky
post 1st January 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
what you just said; I am already forgetting - Lena
User: 18

I don't like the idea of a ban entry list.
It would seem fair that any song or artist can enter.

If there could be an improvement it would be on the voting side.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 1st January 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

I think it could be better especially if different contest had a different stipulation to it.

+Quote this post
post 1st January 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,513

QUOTE(e-motion @ Jan 1 2008, 05:24 PM) *
I don't like the idea of a ban entry list.
It would seem fair that any song or artist can enter.

If there could be an improvement it would be on the voting side.

But don't you think it's a bit unfair that a song like Umbrella would do well considering everyone here has pretty much already heard it and loved it? I do.

+Quote this post
JackJones
post 3rd January 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 15

QUOTE(Medicatedsoap @ Jan 1 2008, 11:10 PM) *
But don't you think it's a bit unfair that a song like Umbrella would do well considering everyone here has pretty much already heard it and loved it? I do.

I don't think tracks such as Umbrella would actually do that well in the competition. There are so many participants that have stated that even if they really like a popular song, they will opt instead giving points to more obscure tracks. So I think sending a well-known song will equally benefit but also hurt you.

I haven't participated into the competition yet but been following it and decided to give my opinion into the matter: I think a banlist is a very poor idea. I mean where do you stop? Ban UK no 1s for the past 2 years? Ban USA no 1s from 10 years? Ban songs that are thought to be classics (and who is going to determinate that)? Ban famous acts (or just their biggest hits)? What about songs that are considered classics but have never had chart success? I think it would end up a mess and no matter what kind of list it ends up to be probably in every comp someone will choose a song that someone will be screaming foul-play and that song should be in the banlist. People should be able to choose songs they like because that's what I thought this was all about. I think with too many restrictions more and more ppl will abandon this good game.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 3rd January 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #27
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I can't be bothered to read Tyron's post. So untidily set out, just blocks sad.gif

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post 4th January 2008, 12:24 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JackJones @ Jan 3 2008, 04:08 PM) *
I don't think tracks such as Umbrella would actually do that well in the competition. There are so many participants that have stated that even if they really like a popular song, they will opt instead giving points to more obscure tracks. So I think sending a well-known song will equally benefit but also hurt you.

I haven't participated into the competition yet but been following it and decided to give my opinion into the matter: I think a banlist is a very poor idea. I mean where do you stop? Ban UK no 1s for the past 2 years? Ban USA no 1s from 10 years? Ban songs that are thought to be classics (and who is going to determinate that)? Ban famous acts (or just their biggest hits)? What about songs that are considered classics but have never had chart success? I think it would end up a mess and no matter what kind of list it ends up to be probably in every comp someone will choose a song that someone will be screaming foul-play and that song should be in the banlist. People should be able to choose songs they like because that's what I thought this was all about. I think with too many restrictions more and more ppl will abandon this good game.

well u don't participate but u seem to get the whole idea of this game thumbup.gif
whau U said is the real thing!
I don't think there should be changes...leave it as it is and try to send what u think will suit this contest the most (and what U like of course) biggrin.gif

hope u can join us cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Maite
post 4th January 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Reality Killed The Video Star
User: 1,240

Can we decide this soooon, my holidays will finissssssh cry.gif cry.gif

Oh, whatever you decide its okay, am not gonna choose any of those anyway laugh.gif

+Quote this post
David
post 4th January 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

When is the next contest happening anyway?

+Quote this post
Ricky
post 5th January 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #31
Group icon
what you just said; I am already forgetting - Lena
User: 18

QUOTE(Medicatedsoap @ Jan 1 2008, 11:10 PM) *

Yes, I do think it's unfair and have said so in other threads before.

I would suggest that instead of stopping the song from entering that some points are removed from it's overall total in relation to the songs and artists chart popularity.
For example you could deduce a total of 20 points for it having been #1 and say 20 points for Rihanna's popularity both in the charts and having an dedicated forum here at buzzjack.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 6th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #32
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

QUOTE(e-motion @ Jan 5 2008, 12:27 AM) *
Yes, I do think it's unfair and have said so in other threads before.

I would suggest that instead of stopping the song from entering that some points are removed from it's overall total in relation to the songs and artists chart popularity.
For example you could deduce a total of 20 points for it having been #1 and say 20 points for Rihanna's popularity both in the charts and having an dedicated forum here at buzzjack.

You can't remove points for popularity, as that would just lead to more complaints - it's like putting a song at #20 at #1 because it had the disadvantage that less people bought it! I don't like the idea of removing points - what would happen if the song won? I'm sure the entree won't let it go quietly if point deduction takes away a win...

Perhaps a recommendation that singles by the above artists are not allowed unless they missed the UK top 40?

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post 7th January 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I think the members here are getting the point of this contest now, so I don't think we gonna have any UK (or World) hits in the coming edition!
so that's why I'm saying we should move on and not make any changes, artists/songs bans etc.

and btw more info regarding the 3rd BJSC are coming later this week cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 15th January 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

why not ban top3 songs for a year after they charted, unless they are still in the top 40, when you wait till it drops out of the top 40

eg. you'd have 2 wait till may to use umbrella or september for about you now. that way the songs aren't as well known as they once were

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 21st September 2024, 03:06 PM