BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> République d'Áskorza \\ National Thread // v3.0, Ummm so we kinda accidentally won?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post Apr 14 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Very nice entry, I've never heard of her or this song before! She's like a cross between KT Tunstall, Adele (on her livelier tracks) and Caro Emerald. For what it's worth I like it far more than Fantasy!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 14 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
She really does! I'm preferring it to Fantasy now too.

My best friend actually introduced it to me! Her sister told her about it and then she posted it on my Facebook. Apparently her whole album is rather wonderful but I haven't had a chance to acquire it yet.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 15 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #23
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
'Ashton' is trending on twitter worldwide right now.

We knew this day would come *tears of joy* cry.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 15 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Queen of Soon
*.*

The 'Mighty' Ashton still setting trends/standards after 53 contests happy.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 15 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Ashton Reveals Map of Nation

For the first time in the nations BJSC history the Federal Republic of Ashton has published a map of the nation! Sitting between the North and South Quilvorian Oceans the nation of Ashton is neighboured by Ojnoj, Numayania, Juranabaijan (via the Straight of Juran), Botanikka, Hendinia and the People's Republic of Jester (via Vulcania Sea). Ashton's deeply disputed border between the state of Saynher Janslic and Botanikka is a dispute which has raged for hundreds of years with the Ashtonise state finally gaining independence in October 2007 and Reunited with the Federal Republic in December 2007 after 5 years of forced Botanikkan occupation and rule. Ashton has forcibly occupied Botanikkan Island Territory for over a year following attacks on the border by Botanikkan rebel forces.

The states and their respective capitals have been named in the official map which was released to the international public this afternoon. Our source at Governa Republique d'Áskorza has told us that more detailed maps could be released over the coming year.

Source: SNÁ|News

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 21 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Queen of Soon
ZZ Ward becomes Ashton's 42nd qualifier!

The sublime 'Put The Gun Down' by ZZ Ward has qualified to the final of BJSC LIII from the hotly contested SF1. While it was great news for Ashton, our neighbours and allies Numayania didn't have such good luck. It wasn't all good news for the United Kingdoms of Tinnmark and Ashton as Tinnmark failed to make the cut despite scoring 12 from the Federal Republic. Also missing out was 10pts recipient Séyetania and 7pts recipient Umiiruka.

You can listen to the top5 AshChart smash 'Put The Gun Down' bellow:

Source: ASC/SNÁ Joint Press release #AK91KB3J-BJSC53-019

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 25 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Envole Moi looks set for top10 smash in LIV

French pair M Pokora and Tal are looking set to smash their way into the top 10 of BJSC LIV in 'La Nati d'Coláíra' (The Nation of Colour) tomorrow night with the sensational 'Envole Moi'. The brilliant French pop track has already burst out of the tough semi-final 2 to make it through to the final making it Ashton's first French entry to do so with Inna Modja sadly failing to reach the final.

Envole Moi has been hailed as a front-runner in nearly all BJSC bookmakers after the semi-finals and the SNÁ/ASC are hopeful that it can score Ashton's third hit on the bounce after ZZ Ward finished a wonderful 12th last month in Batidas.

+Quote this post
Brer
post May 25 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I have to say for a French pop song this is REALLY GOOD. By which I mean I rated it 7.5/10 and it was still some distance off getting points.

For some reason I currently have Emma's 'Cercavo Amore' stuck in my head. A really good song which I feel I may have not given enough credit at the time. How did that DNQ? [/random]

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post May 25 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #29
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
wouldn't object to this doing well.

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 25 2013, 11:12 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Emma was robbed!!! 'Cercavo Amore' is a wonderful pop track and deserved so much better sad.gif

+Quote this post
Cal
post May 25 2013, 11:47 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964
The original will always be fabulous but this is rather great. I remember hearing it when it was released and realizing that it's literally one of the only songs I can listen to from both M. Pakora and Tal. laugh.gif He has the most punchable face on the planet (he's now Robin Hood in France lololol), and everything of Tal's after 'On avance' was pretty crap. Still, I hope to see you in the top 10! It's been a while since we've had a good French pop song do well! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 26 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Ashton is top10 after the first day of results

BJSC LIV's ONLY foreign language finalist finished the first day of results in 9th place after spending a short period of time just before halfway in the lead. A lengthy string of null points has seen the Frenchpop epic Envole Moi, sung by M Pokora and Tal, fall to 10th before rebounding thanks to a 7 from our allies Tinnmark just before the break. It is still mathematically feasible for Ashton to steal the victory tomorrow night and the whole of the nation is crossing their fingers that lightning strikes twice.

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 27 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Envole Moi finished top10!

The only foreign language song of the BJSC LIV final finished equal 7th (Tie not yet broken)! The Federal Republic of Ashton continued an impressive run of form by continuing their 2013 hit streak with the top10 finish for the French Pop epic. The ASC and SNÁ are said to be pleased it did well but somewhat disappointed it couldn't quite hit the top5 or take home the win it deserved. They have also been quoted as saying top10 is a fantastic result for the only non-english song in the final.

We aren't sure if the ASC and SNÁ are trying to play the race card there but that's how our source sounds to us.

Source: BSJCAshtonToday.an

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 4 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Ashton and Luciana pair up once again

British Singer Luciana 'Queen of Clubs' Caporaso, the ASC and SNÁ today confirmed that Luciana would return to BJSC for Ashton's 55th entry. Following on from the magnificent 'I Like That', an entry widely believed to have been a turning point for Ashton in BJSC, this would be the second time Ashton has entered the exceptional Brit.

Rumoured possible entries are:

Richard Vission & Luciana - When It Feels This Good

Luciana - I'm Still Hot

and the bookies favourite...

Luciana - U B The Bass

Whatever the ASC and SNÁ select it's sure to continue the nations run of brilliant BJSC entries.

In case you hadn't heard it (have you been under a rock dear Ashtonise & Rontvian readers) or can't quite remember it's sheer level of awesome here is the wonderful 'I Like That'

+Quote this post
LexC
post Jun 4 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
'I'm Still Hot' sounds better with Betty White.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 16 2013, 10:31 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Luciana and Ashton aim high for BJSC LV

Dance phenomenon Luciana Caporaso has returned to BJSC for a second time with the Federal Republic! The Brit, known worldwide as the 'Queen of Clubs', will be performing her latest smash 'U B The Bass' in the 55th Buzzjack Song Contest held in Skall.

Luciana - U B The Bass

The track has peaked, and remains, in the top 5 in the Federal Republic with sales in excess of 150m. The ASC and SNÁ are hopeful that despite the wave of dance entries this month Luciana will stand out from the crowd and continue Ashton's 2013 hit streak.

Source: AshtonTimes.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 20 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Queen of Soon
The Queen of Clubs set to dominate the BJSC LV final

This evening in Central Quilvorian nation Skall 'Queen of Clubs' Luciana Caporaso qualified for the 55th Buzzjack Song Contest Final. In a semi final, and contest, filled with Dance Music Ashton's entry 'U B The Bass' stood out sufficiently to be the first announced qualifier of the evening.

It wasn't all good news for the Federal Republic and it's allies. While newest ally Espen qualified to the final, neighbours Numayania and the Former Scandinavian Republic of Rontvia, Ashton's 12 pointer, both failed to make the final.

A mark of respect for the breaking of FSR Rontvia's unprecidented run of qualifications will be held at 1pm tomorrow with the nationwide playing of Smack Me as an act of national solidarity.

All FSR Rontvian flags on Federal Buildings have been lowered to half mast and the Swedish/Rontivan descendent-majority state Ashworth has declared a statewide day of mourning.

Source: Ashton Times

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jun 20 2013, 10:05 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Congratulations on Luciana getting through! Makes up for I Like That finishing 30 odd places too low! And we appreciate your support at this trying time.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 31 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Federal Republic to rebound after Vali DNQ's

Preperations are underway within the Federal Republic to secure a killer track for the nation's 57th contest.

While the nations airwaves are dominated by Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan's epic comeback 'Flatline', Tone Damli's latest hit 'Winner of a Losing Game' and BJFEST 4th place finisher Linda Sundblad 'Hur Kan Jag Sakna Nåt Jag Aldrig Haft' the ASC and SNÁ are plotting the nations next big hitter with opinions sought from international juries . It is understood that the nations potentials range from a future British star, to Denmark via Canada and various nations inbetween.

The ASC are said to be targeting a top10 year end finish for the nation.

Source:AshtonSun

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 11 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #40
Group icon
Queen of Soon
MKS Approved Little Nikki for Ashton!

Little Nikki, the support act of Mutya Keisha Siobhan's debut Ashtonise and UK gigs, has been officially selected as the Federal Republic's representative for BJSC LVII with her brilliant track 'Little Nikki Says'

Little Nikki impressed at the sold out Ashtonise show where she performed to a sell out crowd of 100,000 and over 0.7bn live on Ashtonise TV. Intro Intro, DILLIGAF and Where I'm Coming From by Little Nikki have all invaded the Ashtonise top15 with the Ashtonise entry 'Little Nikki Says' due to be released next week in Ashton.

Listen to the 57th Ashtonise entry here:

Source: AshtonTimes

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:09 AM