BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cor Lupus | Official National Thread, #BJSC163 | 🩸 LEXXE - Santa Sangre 🩸
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post May 6 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,473

Yasss slay me yassss Please make it to the final <3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 6 2015, 09:34 PM
Post #22
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

As I mentioned in the parade thread, I'm delighted that you decided to go for this, Cody!

Very different from your entry last month, but very much up my street. heart.gif

This post has been edited by Jade: May 6 2015, 09:34 PM

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 6 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #23
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

For reference, seven potentials were considered and decided on critical peer acclaim, airplay, and support elsewhere. Here's where they ranked:
1.) A-Trak f/Andrew Wyatt - "Push" 1 | 3 | 1
2.) Sleepy Tom f/Anna Lunoe - "Pusher" 2 | 1 | 6
3.) Britt Nicole f/Lecrae - "Ready Or Not" 3 | 4 | 4
4.) Katy Tiz - "Whistle While You Work It" 6 | 2 | 2
5.) Wild Style - "Take Me Home" 4 | 5 | 5
6.) Leaf Adventure f/Mona Moua - "Escape" 5 | 6 | 7
7.) Jidenna f/Ronan GianArthur - "Classic Man" 7 | 7 | 3

"Pusher" led in airplay, but "Push" was ahead in the other two categories.

+Quote Post
Brer
post May 6 2015, 10:55 PM
Post #24
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

A-Trak is probably most well known for being half of Duck Sauce magic.gif

This is GR8 tho, I'm not usually a fan of these commercial dance tracks but there's something about this one in particular that does it for me.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 14 2015, 09:21 PM
Post #25
   No Gallery Pics

2 for 2! To all of you who supported A-Trak this semi, a huge thanks! Now let's keep the spirit going in the final!

The pack that plays together, slays together.

+Quote Post
JSG
post May 14 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 18,473

QUOTE(¡bré! @ May 6 2015, 11:55 PM) *
A-Trak is probably most well known for being half of Duck Sauce magic.gif

This is GR8 tho, I'm not usually a fan of these commercial dance tracks but there's something about this one in particular that does it for me.

MULGRACISM

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 22 2015, 10:35 PM
Post #27
   No Gallery Pics

#BJSC75RESULTS

I'm actually quite surprised! The first points surge in the beginning and then at the end really got me, and I'm so glad to announce that this was the country's first giant hit! I did imagine a top 20 for this, but I never would have thought it would reach over 200 points. And we were this close.

Thanks to everyone who supported A-Trak, even if it was just a commiseration (because that just means you'll recommend it to your friends anyway), and thanks to those who helped me with frustratingly choosing out of many potentials. All the blood, sweat, and mostly tears that come into this are for you all.

I look forward to seeing everyone at Kylienips for #BJSC76, where we will keep bringing out the good vibes for the summer. Hopefully we'll go 3 for 3 just in time for the Teen Wolf premiere!

Fierce & Love,
- Cody

A list of potentials will be sent to my go to pack (you know who you are). biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Brer
post May 22 2015, 11:24 PM
Post #28
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

You were actually 13th with 211 points! Climbing even after the results finished. (Cos I messed up one of the votes)

Could basically copy and paste my comment from Aprogonia's thread here, this was a VAST improvement from your debut and only just missed out on my points so glad to see it did better for you (Y)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 23 2015, 12:38 AM
Post #29
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(¡bré! @ May 22 2015, 04:24 PM) *
You were actually 13th with 211 points! Climbing even after the results finished. (Cos I messed up one of the votes)

Could basically copy and paste my comment from Aprogonia's thread here, this was a VAST improvement from your debut and only just missed out on my points so glad to see it did better for you (Y)
Taking home two titles: Highest American Poster for a second month in a row and Highest Positon Without A Top Score (God, I'm in awe at how I accomplished that tongue.gif). Overall, not a bad month!

Oh and Adam's weave. I also snatched that.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 2 2015, 02:25 AM
Post #30
   No Gallery Pics

#BJFestivalen2k15: Dirty Androids - "Spinning Around"
Time: 2:04

Ah, the wonderful, colorful world of Bemani. A wide array of games and a wide array of genres - and the songs are about two minutes long. So there was no doubt that we were going there for our first instrumental entry. Daisuke Akitsu, also known as Dirty Androids, is one of the commissioned artists for the video game Beatmania IIDX, whose productions span a numerous amount of genres, from glitch hop to chillstep to drum n bass. Our entry, "Spinning Around", continues off the back of the future house movement set by top 15 act A-Trak, bringing a funky French House vibe. A nice way to start the summer with something that's almost nostalgic in its sound. Will the track being one of the shortest in the entire contest help it or hurt it? Only your support can bring it to the top!

Fierce & Love,
- Cody

Check out Dirty Androids' album Wanderlust (and a few other songs) here.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 6 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #31
   No Gallery Pics

#BJFESTRESULTS

Tenth in the semi. One of the worst performers in the entire thing. That could have not gone any worse. Apparently people just don't appreciate video game songs these days. One of the biggest supporters from our semi was Ethanola, who ranked us second place in his book. Shout-outs to Danaelanda, Mulgracia and Jadakissnia who also voiced pity on us. To Mulgracia: looks like we're following in your footsteps of dying in BJFest and hopefully smashing it next year!

One of the biggest upsets was Hushkanukia narrowly missing it on the final, while one of the biggest surprises was our good friends of Flynnoda, who finally find success in this spin-off. The pack salutes you.

New goal: redemption. How are we gonna do that? Top 10 in July. The road to redemption is upon us, so really hoping y'all are ready to join the train. We need it: we really need to slay this coming contest.

Fierce & Love,
- Cody

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jun 6 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #32
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

omg just noticed you wanted to send pusher! i think that is a SUPER smart shout for bjsc in the future. one that i briefly considered but i don't RLY like to recycle my own artists, just other peoples haw haw

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 9 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #33
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(call me ketalina @ Jun 6 2015, 11:38 AM) *
omg just noticed you wanted to send pusher! i think that is a SUPER smart shout for bjsc in the future. one that i briefly considered but i don't RLY like to recycle my own artists, just other peoples haw haw
Wouldn't anything with Anna Lunoe get vetoed at this point now since she reached top 5 at one point?

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 23 2015, 03:47 PM
Post #34
   No Gallery Pics

We're saving the wolf ear headphones for Dance Anthems and bringing in a guitar and a few amps: Cor Lupus is going alternative for Seventynips.

Like I was going to trade those headphones in anyway, I look amazing in them:

Fierce & Love,
- Cody

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 28 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #35
   No Gallery Pics

#BJSC76: New Politics - "West End Kids"

Shouting from the rooftops for the July Edition of BJSC is Danish-born, Harlem-based rock band New Politics with their single, "West End Kids"! Now... they are in no means a new band - they've been around for a while, currently in the midst of releasing their third album, Vikings, next month. Their biggest hit, "Harlem", didn't get up to Billboard hit standards. But these guys have worked their butts off, and I can say that this is their best track yet. With a pretty explosive chorus, anthemic hook, and pulsating energy throughout, this new alternative phase should bode well for the country. Hey, we're just some kids from the west end.

Fierce & Love,
- Cody

Lindsey, you're welcome.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jun 28 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #36
laugh 'til we cry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,176

Yes! dance.gif These guys were a potential of mine, I found them bc they supported Paramore and Fall Out Boy on their coheadline tour last summer in America, probably would have chosen that track or Harlem, I love this band and I really hope they do well for you this month wub.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 5 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #37
   No Gallery Pics

#BJSCDanceAnthems: BT f/JC Chasez - "Somnabulist (Simply Being Loved)"

So Cor Lupus has decided to take the risk of ~ not being cheap~ to this spin-off and release this song from 2003 by American producer BT. While it was made in 2003, it became his biggest hit on Billboard three years later in 2006, where it peaked at #98. He also had a few UK hits, but that was during the 90's tongue.gif This is mainly known for landing in the Guiness Book Of World Records back when it was released for "Most Vocal Edits In A Song", with 6,178. Fun fact: it was also featured on the North American console version of DanceDanceRevolution Extreme, so the trend of sending songs from video games to spin-off's continues.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 6 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #38
   No Gallery Pics

Hey everyone!

It's an amazing day for Dylan Sprayberry's birthday as Cor Lupus makes it a hat trick with New Politics giving us our third qualification in a row. The qualification is amazing in itself, and we're very grateful to continue the streak. You gave us points to thank us for giving it this contest, but really we should be thanking you guys for having us!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 9 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #39
   No Gallery Pics

***EXCITING NEWS!!!***

Our presenter for this month's BJSC final votes will certainly never go out of... Stiles biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 15 2015, 12:43 AM
Post #40
   No Gallery Pics

#BJSC76RESULTS:

The west end kids grab the lucky number 7!

Well, sorry it's a bit late... the Aquafina Platinum tour made a stop at New Beacon City for a day and we got to witness pretty much Buzzjack's version of Electric Daisy Carnival, so thanks so much for including us in your tour and we're glad to support you guys. Tiesto, Alex Metric, Audien, Galantis, so many good acts there with amazing sets.

Anyway, a new personal best at seventh place! How about that? It was such a strong and amazing contest overall and the competition was extremely stiff. Shout out to Aquafina, who were not just the true alphas of our vote but the true alphas of the entire thing! We could have not asked for any more after what happened at BJFest. This was the redemption we needed.

On the rest of the contest: Awuafina took home the gold this month, while it was a strong finish for Tinnmark as they nab second place. Remember this though: it's hard to get on top, but it's even tougher staying there. Also, shout out to our good friends as Flynnonda, who did pretty well for their first qualifier!

You know, I'm kinda scared for next month's contest. Word on the street is, a new country is joining us, and we got a few other veterans coming our way. I can assure you, the Lupine Pride is strong, and we'll keep getting stronger.

Thanks to New Politics for representing us, thanks to Kylienips for an amazing contest, thanks to Dylan O'Brien for stopping by to present our votes, and of course, thanks to each and every one of you for continuing to support our country. You keep thanking us for such incredible discoveries when really we should be thanking you for having us! Man, I don't know how we're gonna top this off!

It's off to Aeroche for the Noughties Dance Anthems spin-off where we join legendary DJ and producer BT, as well as the lovely Cara Delevigne who will be presenting our votes!

The pack that plays together, stays together.

Fierce & Love,
- Cody

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 PM