BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Britney turned down Fairytale Of New York duet with Robbie W
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nick F1
post Nov 24 2019, 03:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392
Robbie Williams has revealed Britney Spears turned down his request to duet on Fairytale Of New York. That’s her prerogative.

The Take That star, who’s gunning for Christmas number one with his new album The Christmas Present, revealed that Britney’s taking no prisoners with her break from music.

Explaining that his favourite festive tune is The Pogues hit, Robbie told Heart’s Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden: ‘But listen, check this out, I asked Britney Spears to duet with me on Fairytale of New York. ‘She said no. What a lovely story.’ Ouch. ‘What did you do? Did you ring her or did she just not text you back, how did that work?’ Jamie asked. Robbie explained: ‘She’s not working right now. She’s having a rest. Maybe it’ll happen in the future.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/22/britney-spea...liams-11200702/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
tommie
post Dec 11 2019, 10:41 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
If they were to do a duet and it had to be a cover they should just do The Hives & Cyndi Laupers A Christmas Duel since that's unknown to the general public:

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Dec 11 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Had this duet been in the early 2000s it actually could’ve been huge!

But in 2019 not so much laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 12 2019, 01:35 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
This was brought up in the Kylie forum too as Robbie turned to her after Britney turned him down. I don't think either should do it as they don't have the grit to match that of the original, nor do I think they could bring anything new to the song. It's one of those songs that people should just leave alone because I don't think I've ever heard a cover that came anywhere close to the original.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:23 AM